Concerts in Brazil changed to even bigger venues

For all the complaints, complaints, complaints we have, I bet most of us would go see Gn'R in the states this year if they added three new songs like The General, Atlas Shrugged and Checkmate & brought back some UYI favorites like Dead Horse, Yesterday's and The Garden. Even with no imminent album release date that'd be enough to get me to go again.

Axl would never be able to pull Dead Horse and Yesterdays off...

I think he could, but would choose to do it with the clean voice. I've been listening to some '11-12 soundboards recently and I'm sure he can turn the rasp on/off at will. I wish they'd overhaul the setlist, shorten it to about 2 hrs and keep Axl onstage for a much bigger % of the show.

By pulling it off, I meant sing it as it's meant to be. These two songs need full rasp, Axl already struggle with these back in the UYI days, so...

I don't think Guns can sell out Morumbi... Maybe in 2010 they could, but now?
The shows were announced on the front page of the biggest news sites of Brazil, and most of the comments were of people who went to RIR 2011 or the 2010 shows complaining about the lateness and saying they would never attend a concert again...
I'll be at Rio again, ready to suffer from back pains after stading for hours waiting. I hope i'm mistaken.

• Like 1

Exactly. If they were playing just that one single concert here, I think it would be possible. But no, they're doing a whole brazilian tour!

is your friend working any of these gigs? can you get an interview with dj or bumble or fernando? would prefer axl but that's doubtful.

What does it matter?

At least I know when I see GNR I know I will get 3 hours of amazing songs and Axl Rose having a blast with his band members.

I've seen Poison so many years in a row and they always did the same show, but they were having a blast onstage and so did the fans.

GNR have songs that I never tire of hearing, so I don't have to worry about hearing some songs that might be boring.

With GNR you know exactly what you're going to get. A damn good show.

MARCH

Tue 25 - Brasilia, Brazil @ Nilson Nelson

Sun 30 - Curitiba, Brazil @ Estadio Durival Britto

APRIL

Tue 1 - Florianopolis, Brazil @ Stage Music Park

Thu 3 - Porto Alegre, Brazil @ Gigantinho

Sun 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Ferro Stadium

Argentina was moved to a smaller stadium (in comparision of 2010 and 2011 gigs)

2010 - Velez Sarsfield - Capacity: 49.540

2011 - Estadio Unico de La Plata - Capacity: 53.000

2014 - Ferro - Capacity: 24.268 :max:

Edited by SeBaZ

MARCH
Tue 25 - Brasilia, Brazil @ Nilson Nelson
Sun 30 - Curitiba, Brazil @ Estadio Durival Britto
APRIL
Tue 1 - Florianopolis, Brazil @ Stage Music Park
Thu 3 - Porto Alegre, Brazil @ Gigantinho
Sun 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Ferro Stadium
Argentina was moved to a smaller stadium (in comparision of 2010 and 2011 gigs)

Ferro stadium :max:

For all the complaints, complaints, complaints we have, I bet most of us would go see Gn'R in the states this year if they added three new songs like The General, Atlas Shrugged and Checkmate & brought back some UYI favorites like Dead Horse, Yesterday's and The Garden. Even with no imminent album release date that'd be enough to get me to go again.

If Axl doesn't fix his voice, I will never go to another GNR gig

What's the capacity of these venues?

I don't think they'll have a problem selling tickets. It's not the US.

Gigantinho holds 15 thousand.

The Morumbi Stadium holds 63.

The Murumbi Stadium has a seating capacity of 81.000, according to Wiki, 67.428 according to StadiumDB or 66.795, according to WorldStadiums.

murumbu.jpg

At any case, it's a huge stadium, even for GNR @ SA. :D

No!! Gigantinho is a fuckin' garbage pail! :thumbsdown::vomit:

What happened to the FIERGS park? It's the best place for a concert in this fuckin' city.

IMO Arena do Grêmio should be the stadium of choice, if they make it a point to play in one.

Anything but Gigantinho! :fuckyou:

What's the problem with Gigantinho? Honest question.

Would like to hear your opinion

It's too old and small, and the place is almost literally falling apat. Pyrotechnics are a big nope because of the roof and narrow acces, and after what happened at a club in Santa Maria last year, there's no way those will be allowed.

Plus, with the main stadium under construction right next to it, it will be impossible to get to. And I don't mean impossible as in being stuck in traffic for a while, I mean most of the main access streets are closed off or detoured and parking is more of suggestion than a reality. Grêmio's arena is, at least, a completely new building, t's much larger and it's located right off town by an equally new, recently completed (as in, a few weeks ago) stretch of four lane highway. Getting these is a breezem there's plenty of space to park and no one will complain about the noise.

Also, I made a promisse never to enter Gigantinho :lol:

Thank you for the detailed answer :)

No problem :thumbsup: