The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

I totally disagree. What kind of reasoning is this ? It's like: 'When a girl says no, she actually means yes.' Bullshit. When I say: Text me tomorrow, I mean just that. You can call me a whack job all you want, but why would you say anything at all if you actually mean the opposite ? Just be straightforward.

I went back and edited the "whack job" part out...it wasn't what I intended to say. This has to do with the type of woman she apparently is....according to McCoy, she's "laid back"....and from my experience, women that are really laid back wouldn't mind (that much) if I called or text'd them a few days later. This was a first date.

And no, this has nothing to do with the whole "yes, no" thing. This has everything to do with getting her attention. As of now, McCoy is just another guy she went out on a date with. If he plays it cool, (like it's not the end of the world scenario if he doesn't talk to her) then he has a much better chance of getting her attention, taking it slow....and going on further dates with her.

And if you told someone to text you tomorrow and they didn't, why wouldn't you just text them?

I totally disagree. What kind of reasoning is this ? It's like: 'When a girl says no, she actually means yes.' Bullshit. When I say: Text me tomorrow, I mean just that. You can call me a whack job all you want, but why would you say anything at all if you actually mean the opposite ? Just be straightforward.

I went back and edited the "whack job" part out...it wasn't what I intended to say. This has to do with the type of woman she apparently is....according to McCoy, she's "laid back"....and from my experience, women that are really laid back wouldn't mind (that much) if I called or text'd them a few days later. This was a first date.

And no, this has nothing to do with the whole "yes, no" thing. This has everything to do with getting her attention. As of now, McCoy is just another guy she went out on a date with. If he plays it cool, (like it's not the end of the world scenario if he doesn't talk to her) then he has a much better chance of getting her attention, taking it slow....and going on further dates with her.

And if you told someone to text you tomorrow and they didn't, why wouldn't you just text them?

Why wouldn't I if they'd said they'd text me ?

Because I would seem desperate ? :shrugs:

Why wouldn't I if they'd said they'd text me ?

Because I would seem desperate ? :shrugs:

See what I mean.

Case in point.

If McCoy takes it easy, texts her tomorrow, it'll be fine...and she won't think he's desperate. And from my understanding, it was a very casual, "text me tomorrow" sort of thing....almost the same thing as saying, "call me sometime".

I bet he's already texted her.

A friend of mine has been dating a lot of guys she meets on match or okcupid or some shit. 2/3 of them will text her right after a date to "see that she got home OK." She shows me these texts. We laugh.

I thought she asked him to text him the next day and that McCoy said he would. Of course he should then follow up on both his promise and her wish. You don't start off a relationship by not holding promises or being considerate. Not if you want the relationship to last. Take it from a guy who got it to last.

• Like 2

Drop that needy bitch.

EDIT: That's nice, you obviously made a good impression :). Now don't go screw it all up by making the same mistake you have been making so many times. You know what mistake I am referring to, right?

Edited by SoulMonster

A friend of mine has been dating a lot of guys she meets on match or okcupid or some shit. 2/3 of them will text her right after a date to "see that she got home OK." She shows me these texts. We laugh.

I've actually done that in the past too.... :ph34r:

BUT...I knew the type of woman she was, we really hit it off and I knew that she would appreciate it....and she did.

On the other hand, if it's not that certain type of woman, it could easily seem stalker-ish.

I thought she asked him to text him the next day and that McCoy said he would. Of course he should then follow up on both his promise and her wish. You don't start off a relationship by not holding promises or being considerate. Not if you want the relationship to last. Take it from a guy who got it to last.

You could be right....if it was said in a more serious tone, he probably should text her today. But from everything I gathered, it was a casual, "text me tomorrow" sort of thing as they were saying bye to each other....almost the same thing as saying, "bye".

She actually texted me first this morning.

BOOM!

There ya go.... :thumbsup:

Then you're good. What did she say? And then what did you say? And then, oh boy, how many times back and forth?

See...if I had not told him to wait to text her last night, he would have texted her first this morning and messed everything up. :P

She told me to text her tomorrow

RED FLAG

Good personality, had some really interesting stories to tell. Actually acts her age - she's the same age as me (28), so it was nice to be able to relate to her on that level as well.

Did you get to tell her some interesting stories too?

I'm pretty sure I've already got this chick figured out.

28 year old 'acting her age' has a plan and it's now in motion (probably not the first time). She wants to be engaged by 29 - married by 30 - 3 kids by 35 (2 girls and a boy).

Hope you're ready. Find out if she has Pinterest. I bet she has a whole board of wedding gowns, engagement rings and bridesmaids dresses all picked out. Your tuxedo as well.

I'm contemplating killing this thread.

please please please

You may want to go back and edit "whack job" back in.

She actually texted me first this morning.

Sounds like you hit the lottery McCoy. A text first thing in the morning doesn't sound so "laid back" to me. If she gave the impression she is, then either 1. She's a seasoned veteran at dating (ie, desperate and has been on more first dates than you have and still can't land a man) or 2. Not being herself (ie, desperate and it's all a charade). Be prepared to put a ring on it, soon. If not, in 9 years you'll be scrambling for a way out and her stepmother will be putting highlights in your hair.

What did she say?

Don't bother texting me. Now wouldn't that be gold. :lol:

Edited by Patience 4 Axl
  • Like 2

I agree. It's basically disrespectful to say you'll do something and then not do it. Even something as small as a text message, and when there's a romantic interest involved its even worse. I would perceive someone like that as having little integrity and being so self absorbed that I didn't really matter to them.

I mean c'mon guys, it's a FUCKING TEXT MESSAGE! No one is that busy that they can't find 30 seconds to send someone a text in the space of 24 hours, and especially someone that you're romantically interested in. Deliberately playing hard to get can be appropriate at times but also really 'try hard'. I hate it when people play games like that. It's not the basis for a good relationship.

Women like to be woo'd, not treated like 'you should be lucky I'm even sparing the time to send you a 15 word text message'. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It really all depends on how they left each other. Like I already said, if it was a "serious" text me tomorrow (which it didn't seem to be) then sure, he should have probably texted her sometime today....but if it was just a casual "text me" type of thing, he would have been just fine waiting a day or so. Anyway, part of my theory worked out...since she texted him first anyway...which is one of the things I said could happen if he held off....;)

It really all depends on how they left each other. Like I already said, if it was a "serious" text me tomorrow (which it didn't seem to be) then sure, he should have probably texted her sometime today....but if it was just a casual "text me" type of thing, he would have been just fine waiting a day or so. Anyway, part of my theory worked out...since she texted him first anyway...which is one of the things I said could happen if he held off.... ;)

"Text me" is a casual request which means do it whenever.

"Text me TOMORROW" is a serious request which means do it tomorrow if you want a chance to get some.

And how is it "holding off" when he barely had a chance to finish breakfast. :lol:

People say call or text me tomorrow all-the-time casually....I say it to my friends, family, etc....and vice versa....if we happen to skip a day... even two, it's really no big deal....and it shouldn't of been in McCoy's case. Like I said, if they really want to talk to you that bad, they can just as easily text or call you....it really is that simple and not nearly as complicated as you all are making it out to be.

He didn't text her first...so he held off long enough...that was my entire point....and it worked.

Edited by Kasanova King

People say call or text me tomorrow all-the-time casually....I say it to my friends, family, etc....and vice versa....if we happen to skip a day... even two, it's really no big deal....and it shouldn't of been in McCoy's case. Like I said, if they really want to talk to you that bad, they can just as easily text or call you....it really is that simple and not nearly as complicated as you all are making it out to be.

He didn't text her first...so he held off long enough...that was my entire point....and it worked.

I get what you're saying but when it's a romantic interest you take that a little more seriously than a casual remark made to a friend, family member and generally someone you've known for a long time. And with a new relationship whether its romantic or a friend means you still need to prove your integrity with that person IMO.

• Like 1

We were going back and forth here and there over the course of the day.

Pull the fuck back. You've been on one date.

You might be right, Lith.

Nothing too drastic mind you, literally just a handful of texts back and forth. She picked the convo back up and changed topics more than I did, to be honest. We made the date for Wednesday, I was going to leave it there, and she came back with asking me how work was and such.

Ya know, the one thing that truly annoyed me about Miser was his penchant for starting threads and then deleting them after a while.

Don't be Miser. :P

I know the intention is to motivate Elli ... err, McCoy to actually take some of our advice, but when it's time to kill this thread the best way to do it is for everyone to stop posting in it.

This future 2014 Thread of the Year winner must always remain ...

... as a testament of the one fuckin' time when the MYGNR community joined forces to help a brotha out. :dj::slash::axl::bbf::izzy::bucket::duff::tommy:

Yes, or I'll do exactly what I feel like doing, because it's my thread.

Edited by Lithium

This is like a reality TV show. Dear God I hope your date never stumbles across it McCoy. If you sleep with her, remember, this is Lithium's thread, you have to use his dick to fuck her! I would have never said that being a southern belle and all - seriously - but it is late and I've been drinking a lot of wine... and this thread is making me laugh so much! ... it's true. You know, McCoy you are going to find the perfect woman, tell all the guys on this thread about her, and one of the guys here, they are going to find her and probably marry her, well, sleep with her anyway. Well, wasted will. Magisme will have her laughing and not looking back at you and Kasanova King... she will leave with him. There are so many other guys here that will already know all about her. You are doomed McCoy... doomed.

• Like 1

Ya know, the one thing that truly annoyed me about Miser was his penchant for starting threads and then deleting them after a while.

Don't be Miser. :P

I know the intention is to motivate Elli ... err, McCoy to actually take some of our advice, but when it's time to kill this thread the best way to do it is for everyone to stop posting in it.

This future 2014 Thread of the Year winner must always remain ...

... as a testament of the one fuckin' time when the MYGNR community joined forces to help a brotha out. :dj::slash::axl::bbf::izzy::bucket::duff::tommy:

Yes, or I'll do exactly what I feel like doing, because it's my thread.

The Lith giveth and the Lith taketh away.

• Like 1