The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

Did you at least find out why she didn't want to see you again? I mean, so we all don't have to go through this again and again and again.

She occasionally texts me here and there...like one out of the clear blue sky and that's it, or I'll get a random Snapchat for no good reason.

Oh but that's nice. She thinks of you as a friend. But you didn't really answer my question, did you?

What do you want me to say, dude? I'm not going to beg her for an explanation. I'll just take the hint that she's not interested for whatever reason and try to figure out where to go from here.

• Like 1

Did you at least find out why she didn't want to see you again? I mean, so we all don't have to go through this again and again and again.

She occasionally texts me here and there...like one out of the clear blue sky and that's it, or I'll get a random Snapchat for no good reason.

Oh but that's nice. She thinks of you as a friend. But you didn't really answer my question, did you?

What do you want me to say, dude? I'm not going to beg her for an explanation. I'll just take the hint that she's not interested for whatever reason and try to figure out where to go from here.

In circles, that's where you are going.

I think it's cause he's short. These girls are willing to see him cause they don't know how short he is based on his profile. He shows up in person and they immediately feel like he's lied to them. So they're polite and stuff but have already decided from the first minute he's not getting a second date.

Either that or it's his miserable personality.

I think it's cause he's short. These girls are willing to see him cause they don't know how short he is based on his profile. He shows up in person and they immediately feel like he's lied to them. So they're polite and stuff but have already decided from the first minute he's not getting a second date.

I'm honest about my height (5'6") on my dating profiles.

I really hope you haven't replied.

• Like 1

Are the girls usually taller than you?

I'm sure he replied. :(

I'm sure he replied. :(

Since he didn't proudly announce that he hadn't replied (knowing how popular that would be here despite the fact that its contrary to his instinct), I reckon your right, mags.

Are the girls usually taller than you?

I try to find girls that are 5'5 or shorter. I'm 5'5 at the absolute shortest, but I'm slightly taller than girls that are 5'5, so I must be closer to 5'6. Nothing spectacular, but still.

And David Nail is freaking tall. As are Toby Keith and Blake Shelton. Most country singers are really, really tall.

Perhaps you shouldn't dress as a country singer then, it must be confusing to those you meet.

On topic: Nothing wrong with replying to the girl, she has already signalled she is not interested in you in any romantic way, you might as well just accept being friends with her. Refusing to text her is just immature.

• Like 1

Mags is always right, he's for the children, he teach the children!

Yeah, but remember that children are dumb nowadays.

mj5DZwc.gif

On the last day of school one of my students told my I remind her of Ted Mosby. I didn't inquire further. Nothing good was going to come of that. :lol:

Perhaps you shouldn't dress as a country singer then, it must be confusing to those you meet.

On topic: Nothing wrong with replying to the girl, she has already signalled she is not interested in you in any romantic way, you might as well just accept being friends with her. Refusing to text her is just immature.

There's three that I'm taller than: Kenny Chesney, Justin Moore, and Hunter Hayes. That's not counting female singers, of course.

There's three that I'm taller than: Kenny Chesney, Justin Moore, and Hunter Hayes. That's not counting female singers, of course.

That is nothing to be proud of really...

I just don't get it.

We've had the same conversations about the exact same situations happening again, again, and again for the last two years.

May I ask, and no offense intended, what have you done to try and fix this other than trying to set appointments with random women hoping one will magically have a different attitude ?

• Like 1

I just don't get it.

We've had the same conversations about the exact same situations happening again, again, and again for the last two years.

May I ask, and no offense intended, what have you done to try and fix this other than trying to set appointments with random women hoping one will magically have a different attitude ?

I've been waiting a bit to text them back - not exactly falling over myself to get right back to them, hardly talking about myself when we go out (not that I did that much to begin with), when I do talk about myself (if she brings it up), it's about something that I'm confident about, which is my job, etc.

I just don't get it.

I've been waiting a bit to text them back - not exactly falling over myself to get right back to them, hardly talking about myself when we go out (not that I did that much to begin with), when I do talk about myself (if she brings it up), it's about something that I'm confident about, which is my job, etc.

You should read about what is called "inner game" ( basically how to control your emotions ) because a lot of what you are doing wrong probably shows up in your subcommunication ( your posture, the way you talk, your body language ) and it is impossible to "appear" confident if your emotions are telling you otherwise.

You must find a way to genuinely feel like YOU are the prize and that getting the girl is just a bonus otherwise it won't work, even if you have all the theory right.

That's the reason why it's pretty easy getting a girl whom you don't really care about wheras it's almost impossible to get what you consider a "perfect 10" : you may say the right words but the way you say them and the way you show up is not congruent with them and they can sense it.

• Like 2

Is this guy fucking serious?

• Like 1

Midget country singers don't count.