The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

This will go fantastic...IF you have found out what about you that has repelled all the other girls. So have you?

Dude, I have no way of asking. I don't really talk to any of my exes except for one, and that's a once in a blue moon thing as well. I could try asking her, but I don't know if she'll give me an honest answer.

This will go fantastic...IF you have found out what about you that has repelled all the other girls. So have you?

Dude, I have no way of asking. I don't really talk to any of my exes except for one, and that's a once in a blue moon thing as well. I could try asking her, but I don't know if she'll give me an honest answer.

You don't have their contact information, like email or phone number? What they did do, flee the country?

Amazing video :

Great stuff, right there. However, my biggest issue is making the initial approach. Even the stuff that he did in the negative examples, just walking up to a random girl and getting in her space like that. Not something that I can do.

Anyway, the date went pretty good tonight. There was never really a lull in the conversation and we covered a lot of different topics. She told me to text her tomorrow, so we'll see where it goes.

Anyway, the date went pretty good tonight. There was never really a lull in the conversation and we covered a lot of different topics. She told me to text her tomorrow, so we'll see where it goes.

Good to hear!

So how about you? How did you feel about her?

Good to hear!

She's a pretty cool girl. Really laid back and fun to be around. Good personality, had some really interesting stories to tell. Actually acts her age - she's the same age as me (28), so it was nice to be able to relate to her on that level as well.

Good to hear!

She's a pretty cool girl. Really laid back and fun to be around. Good personality, had some really interesting stories to tell. Actually acts her age - she's the same age as me (28), so it was nice to be able to relate to her on that level as well.

Sounds pretty good...and you're physically attracted to her as well?

Anyway, if you really like her and want her to like you....you should hold off on texting her right away. Give it a day....see if she texts you first type of thing. Then, if you don't hear from her by tomorrow night, wait until Saturday night to text her....and just make it a brief, short message....something like, " Hi, had a great time the other night! Sorry I didn't text you yesterday, ended up getting caught up at work. So how's your day going?"

For starters, there's a half decent chance (if she really was into you) that she may text you sometime before Saturday night. Even if she doesn't, at least she'll know you're laid back as well....and you might actually make her curious.....she may start to wonder why you didn't text her, etc....maybe feel a little let down, etc....but that will get her excited to receive your text on Saturday night.

Good to hear!

Sounds pretty good...and you're physically attracted to her as well?

Anyway, if you really like her and want her to like you....you should hold off on texting her right away. Give it a day....see if she texts you first type of thing. Then, if you don't hear from her by tomorrow night, wait until Saturday night to text her....and just make it a brief, short message....something like, " Hi, had a great time the other night! Sorry I didn't text you yesterday, ended up getting caught up at work. So how's your day going?"

For starters, there's a half decent chance (if she really was into you) that she may text you sometime before Saturday night. Even if she doesn't, at least she'll know you're laid back as well....and you might actually make her curious.....she may start to wonder why you didn't text her, etc....maybe feel a little let down, etc....but that will get her excited to receive your text on Saturday night.

Yes. She's very attractive.

The whole timing of the texting is something that I'm not the best at. She knows that I'm on the radio from 2 - 7, so what if I hold off until tomorrow night? I'd kind of feel like a jerk if I didn't text her tomorrow when she told me to. :shrugs:

Yes. She's very attractive.

The whole timing of the texting is something that I'm not the best at. She knows that I'm on the radio from 2 - 7, so what if I hold off until tomorrow night? I'd kind of feel like a jerk if I didn't text her tomorrow when she told me to. :shrugs:

Yes, I think you'd be a really insensitive jerk if you held off your text until tonight. Princesses like that tend to go to bed early, like 7pm, so if you text her at 8pm, she might be asleep and unable to read your text until the following morning. I would definitely text her first thing when you wake up this morning. If a woman tells you to text her at a given time, you should never text her later. It is important to always do what she tells you to do, and let her be in charge.

Oh, and remember to end all your texts to her with "please respond". That way she'll know that you're a real gentleman who really wants to talk to her.

• Like 3

@ McCoy...it's not really about being a gentleman at this stage. It's about invoking interest in you. Good looking women that have a lot going for them, now, more than ever are used to guys calling them, hitting on them, etc. By taking the laid back approach, you should spark her curiosity. Once you really have her attention, then you can start to show her how much of a gentleman you are.

You need to think outside the box. You know she'll probably be better off with you than some knucklehead that will end up playing her in the end.....so playing the game now, for a short time, will be better for her in the long run. If you don't, some other guy probably will.

If you said you'd text her today, do it LATE today. Don't wait until tomorrow, if you do you'll risk:

1) Her thinking you are unreliable/forgetful

2). Her thinking you don't keep your word/promises

3). Her waking up tomorrow and making plans for Saturday night with someone else instead of you, because you blew her off today

She's 29, screw the psychological games.

This! Please, if she asks you to text today, why wouldn't you ? Because you're playing hard to get ? Come on. Just text her after your show.

Do not text her about how you had a good time. And certainly do not apologize for the timing of your text. If you're texting her and you're not telling her to go away, it's implied that you had a good time and that you'd like to do it again. Assume all that shit. In fact, start assuming a lot of shit. Assume at this point that she's interested in you so bypass the formalities and share a short, funny thought or anecdote from your day. And if you can't think of one, make one up....."I think I just saw a seeing eye cat..." or something.

• Like 3

If you said you'd text her today, do it LATE today. Don't wait until tomorrow, if you do you'll risk:

1) Her thinking you are unreliable/forgetful

2). Her thinking you don't keep your word/promises

3). Her waking up tomorrow and making plans for Saturday night with someone else instead of you, because you blew her off today

She's 29, screw the psychological games.

So absolutely this.

Calling or texting the very next day may work for some....but for others....it could seem like a sign of desperation (especially after the FIRST date)....and I think in McCoy's case (given his history) the latter seems to be true. I don't know what it is, some guys tend to seem that way to women....more so than other guys..... :shrugs:

You can text her today, like others are saying and you'll be just like any other guy on her list....or play it cool and wait until tomorrow.....and have her wondering..."Hmmm...who is this guy?"

It was a first date....and she casually said, "text me tomorrow".

She didn't say, "Tomorrow is my birthday, please call me".

So if she takes that as being unreliable/forgetful/not keeping your word/promise, then you might want to move on....she wouldn't be nearly as "laid back" as you make her out to be. On the other hand, if she's semi normal, she'll just figure that you're a laid back guy and have a lot going on....which is a good thing (at this stage). And like I said, if she really liked you and if she's self confident enough....she might just text you first. ;)

As far as apologizing, asking what her day was in the text, etc....that was just an example...the text on Saturday should be a casual greeting....not too involved...and maybe ask her what she's up to....or if she would like you to call her, etc.

Edited by Kasanova King

Do not text her about how you had a good time. And certainly do not apologize for the timing of your text. If you're texting her and you're not telling her to go away, it's implied that you had a good time and that you'd like to do it again. Assume all that shit. In fact, start assuming a lot of shit. Assume at this point that she's interested in you so bypass the formalities and share a short, funny thought or anecdote from your day. And if you can't think of one, make one up....."I think I just saw a seeing eye cat..." or something.

Unfortunately most women don't think like that, so no, they wouldn't realize that it's implied that you (McCoy) had a good time. They need (or want) to be told....over....and over.....and over again.

As far as being cute or funny....that would also work with a lot of women....but it really depends on the girl....a lot of that stuff can be misconstrued via texts and could lead to disastrous results.

Not everyone is on your level, Mags.... :P

Edited by Kasanova King

Calling or texting the very next day may work for some....but for others....it's usually a sign of desperation (especially after the FIRST date)....and I think in McCoy's case (given his history) the latter is true.

You can text her today, like others are saying and you'll be just like any other guy on her list....or play it cool and wait until tomorrow.....and have her wondering..."Hmmm...who is this guy?"

It was a first date....and she casually said, "text me tomorrow".

She didn't say, "Tomorrow is my birthday, please call me".

So if she takes that as being unreliable/forgetful/not keeping your word/promise.....then she's a whack job and I recommend you moving on. On the other hand, if she's semi normal, she'll just figure that you're a laid back guy and have a lot going on....which is a good thing (at this stage).

As far as apologizing, asking what her day was in the text, etc....that was just an example...the text on Saturday should be a casual greeting....not too involved...and maybe ask her what she's up to....or if she would like you to call her, etc.

I totally disagree. What kind of reasoning is this ? It's like: 'When a girl says no, she actually means yes.' Bullshit. When I say: Text me tomorrow, I mean just that. You can call me a whack job all you want, but why would you say anything at all if you actually mean the opposite ? Just be straightforward.

• Like 1

Unfortunately most women don't think like that, so no, they wouldn't realize that it's implied that you (McCoy) had a good time. They need (or want) to be told....over....and over.....and over again.

As far as being cute or funny....that would also work with a lot of women....but it really depends on the girl....a lot of that stuff can be misconstrued via texts and could lead to disastrous results.

Not everyone is on your level, Mags.... :P

I respectfully disagree with pretty much everything you said.

Much love.

• Like 1

I'm contemplating killing this thread.

That is only allowed if you find a bride for McCoy.

He proved with his post on the previous page that he doesn't give a shit about the advice people have been giving him for almost 200 pages. Whenever he's been confronted with it he just replies something like "I truly appreciate you guys taking the time to give me advice", then he proves a week later with his actions that none of it has sunk in. I don't really see the point in keeping this thread alive.

Edited by Lithium