The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

I'm trying to think of a hobby that I could use to try to occupy some of my time, but I honestly cannot think of even a single thing that interests me at this point, aside from my job.

Oh c'mon, 200+ pages of advice and you come with **** like this¿?

longest cupcake thread in the history of forums

I wish that I WAS trolling.

I don't think you're trolling at all...every single discussion we've had about Pennsylvania, Penn State, etc., has been pretty spot on.

If you really like your job, you could do a hobby associated with it. Why not start a blog about being a country radio DJ? You could update it daily, have a comment section for feedback. Eventually, you could even start revealing a little about your personal life and relationship status. Who knows what could happen then?....could turn out that you end up getting a neat hobby that you enjoy and find someone that knows you from your writing and won't just cut it off out of nowhere..since she would already know a little about you, your life, personality, etc. As (essentially) a public figure, you could announce it during your show and I'm sure you would get a decent amount of traffic.

I'm trying to think of a hobby that I could use to try to occupy some of my time, but I honestly cannot think of even a single thing that interests me at this point, aside from my job.

Cigars - they can be fun collecting and smoking. As long as you don't inhale and don't smoke like a chimney, the health effects aren't too bad.

Smoke of any kind bothers me. I can't breathe around it at all. It just chokes me.

Maybe you can take some kind of evening class ? That way you can learn something new and meet new people.

If I can find something for free, sure. Anything that costs money right now is off limits as I can barely afford to pay my bills as my rent went up and the gig just isn't paying enough at the moment.

Take your pick:

electric-guitar.jpg

or

accoustic-guitar.jpg

You can get a decent starter for less than $200, you like music, you have the time.

I do play, actually. I have for 15 years. Sure, I kinda suck, but I do play.

Do you see what you just did?

"i have this problem but i cant find the solution.."

*solution offered*

"but i cant do that because, because..."

*another solution offered*

"well i cant do that since, well.."

*another solution offered that also doesnt have the problems of the previous solutions*

"but, but..."

You do that shit ALL the time.

Cigars - they can be fun collecting and smoking. As long as you don't inhale and don't smoke like a chimney, the health effects aren't too bad.

Smoke of any kind bothers me. I can't breathe around it at all. It just chokes me.

Maybe you can take some kind of evening class ? That way you can learn something new and meet new people.

If I can find something for free, sure. Anything that costs money right now is off limits as I can barely afford to pay my bills as my rent went up and the gig just isn't paying enough at the moment.

Take your pick:

electric-guitar.jpg

or

accoustic-guitar.jpg

You can get a decent starter for less than $200, you like music, you have the time.

I do play, actually. I have for 15 years. Sure, I kinda suck, but I do play.

Form a band.

http://youtu.be/9F_FN4ygjTo

I don't think you're trolling at all...every single discussion we've had about Pennsylvania, Penn State, etc., has been pretty spot on.

If you really like your job, you could do a hobby associated with it. Why not start a blog about being a country radio DJ? You could update it daily, have a comment section for feedback. Eventually, you could even start revealing a little about your personal life and relationship status. Who knows what could happen then?....could turn out that you end up getting a neat hobby that you enjoy and find someone that knows you from your writing and won't just cut it off out of nowhere..since she would already know a little about you, your life, personality, etc. As (essentially) a public figure, you could announce it during your show and I'm sure you would get a decent amount of traffic.

I have a jock page on Facebook in addition my personal page.

This thread needs to stay - why? Because McCoy needs to be able to read it again - Why? Because he needs to see where he went wrong before. In the beginning he had two dates in a two week span. One with a girl he met on the internet and it was on VD day. One with a girl that was a friend of a friend. Well, the friend of a friend, he felt like he had a real connection, so he canceled the date with VD girl. Then, the friend of a friend girl wasn't interested in him and didn't want to see him anymore. Well, he had already blown off VD girl. That was a huge mistake. It wasn't Valentines Day yet and he had already blown his chance of getting to know Valentines Day girl!! McCoy needs to be able to go back and read this thread. And he needs to be able to read this thread again as many times as it takes. He needs to be able to see his mistakes. People forget where they go wrong sometimes. Sometimes he may need to read this thread just for comfort. And there may be other people on this board that need to read this thread - people that may never say or post a word. There may be people that get a lot from this thread that read it and are too ashamed, frightened, timid or just afraid of you assholes to say anything. (I call you guys assholes in the most loving way - a term of endearment.)

Y'all may think you are random strangers to him, but you aren't. You've become his friends. He's talked to you for hundreds of pages now. You've joked with him just like friends and siblings would. Don't delete this. It would be an awful thing to do to delete this. You would be surprised at the people that will go back and read this. I'm fairly new and I've not read all of it. It's been entertaining, informational, funny, somewhat on the dark side at times and exasperating. It's shown both sides of what people go through when they are interested in the opposite sex. It shows what people think when they are interested in another when dating. It shows peoples fears, and it shows how people support one another. And it shows our humanity in supporting one another.

This thread is a good thing for many reasons. When you look deeper, this thread isn't just about McCoy, it's a fucking science project you've started Lithium. Don't delete it.

• Like 1

Seems cool and all but that's not really a blog. You can set up a .com webpage for $10 through Godaddy....and they even throw in the web builder app for free. You could set it up in one night.

Seems cool and all but that's not really a blog. You can set up a .com webpage for $10 through Godaddy....and they even throw in the web builder app for free. You could set it up in one night.

I kind of treat it like a blog. I'm very open about pretty much everything on there. I don't hold anything back - they get the real me on there.

Maybe you can take some kind of evening class ? That wa,y you can learn something new and meet new people.

I know a couple people in the biz, assistant program directors and music directors make decent money. When you say things like you can't afford a class, that's trolling. The boots you just bought cost more than a class. We've seen your ride, we know you aren't poor. :)

In the small market that I'm in, I'm not making much cash. Trust me on that one. It all depends on market size, and it's hard to find a market much smaller than the one I'm in right now.

I kind of treat it like a blog. I'm very open about pretty much everything on there. I don't hold anything back - they get the real me on there.

Wait, McCoy, you have a public Facebook page in which you are very open about yourself, including your doubts, your low self esteem and you desperate search for a girlfriend ? So people can just look you up and read how desperate you are ? If that's the case, you will find no girlfriend. Ever. Who wants a guy that is so desperate ? It's like: I have a boyfriend, but he was pretty desperate. A girl doesn't want that.

If your dates look you up and read you're desperate, they will dump you.

• Like 3

McCoy is obviously a woman trapped in a man's body. She is acting like a lesbian woman trapped in a man's body but that is just she defaulting to the social norm. Eventually she will come to realize that she will not only be much more successful when chasing men but that she will also live a much more fulfilling life embracing reality.

• Like 1

i only read this thread for a couple of weeks now, but from what i see, i tend to agree with TWD. i don't understand how it helps McCoy. People give him radically opposite advice all the time (text her/don't text her, ask her what's wrong with you/don't ask her what's wrong with you, etc). sometimes, when he ignores someone's oppinion, they get mad at him. some try to assert themselves at his expense, others just poke fun.

but at the same time and for the same reasons i find this thread very entertaining, so i wouldn't want it deleted

• Like 1

People give him radically opposite advice all the time (text her/don't text her, ask her what's wrong with you/don't ask her what's wrong with you, etc).

That's because some posters are taking the piss...

Not all of them, though, some have actually read some macho self-help book on how to date girls and are just paraphrasing from that.

• Like 2

People give him radically opposite advice all the time (text her/don't text her, ask her what's wrong with you/don't ask her what's wrong with you, etc).

That's because some posters are taking the piss...

some do take a piss, some are being dead serious. the point is, all people are different and all "typical" situations are different so there's no universal solution. we all have delusions and we all get hurt and face the consequences of the wrong choices. but i think it's better to learn from your own honest mistakes than suffer from misconceptions, brought you by a bunch of guys on the internet forum

• Like 1

Wait, McCoy, you have a public Facebook page in which you are very open about yourself, including your doubts, your low self esteem and you desperate search for a girlfriend ? So people can just look you up and read how desperate you are ? If that's the case, you will find no girlfriend. Ever. Who wants a guy that is so desperate ? It's like: I have a boyfriend, but he was pretty desperate. A girl doesn't want that.

If your dates look you up and read you're desperate, they will dump you.

I suppose posting about the one year anniversary since he's had a girlfriend was a bad thing?

Did he do that ??? Come on, McCoy, I specifically asked you after the last one bailed on you if it was possible that she had access to this thread. You said no, but if you're desperate on your public FB page, it's a bit the same, isn't it ? Don't write stuff like that on FB. Why would you do that ?

• Like 1

What I find amusing is that McCoy is willing to reveal all the pathetic details about his insecurities, neuroses and inability to attract women, but saying whether he masturbates or not - a completely normal activity for, say, 99 % of males - is something he won't do because he is a public figure :D

• Like 3

Most radio "personalities" make their living talking about nothing BUT jerking off while they're on the air. Maybe his ratings would improve if he followed suit.

Or maybe he'll realize that nobody listens to the radio anymore cause this is the year 2014 and radio is dead as fuck.

We have no idea whether the advice McCoy has been given is good for him because he hasn't tried anything. He hasn't taken one step to better himself in 206 pages.

I'd say /thread this bitch if I didn't think he'd shit up love/sex/relationships.

• Like 1