The Real McCoy's life issues and style advice thread

Lithium

I'm trying to think of a hobby that I could use to try to occupy some of my time, but I honestly cannot think of even a single thing that interests me at this point, aside from my job.

Are you and Arnold related?

Don't you EVER even so much as to think about saying such a statement such as that EVER AGAIN.

I'm trying to think of a hobby that I could use to try to occupy some of my time, but I honestly cannot think of even a single thing that interests me at this point, aside from my job.

Cigars - they can be fun collecting and smoking. As long as you don't inhale and don't smoke like a chimney, the health effects aren't too bad.

Cigars - they can be fun collecting and smoking. As long as you don't inhale and don't smoke like a chimney, the health effects aren't too bad.

Smoke of any kind bothers me. I can't breathe around it at all. It just chokes me.

No shit, that happens to a lot of people.

You actually need to try something out to know whether you will enjoy it.

Two years ago there was no chance in hell I would have believed that I would love doing Yoga and Ju Jitsu but I tried them, found I liked them and grew to love them.

Exactly.

Just go do something.

Are you and Arnold related?

Don't you EVER even so much as to think about saying such a statement such as that EVER AGAIN.

Sorry!!!!!!!!

But I am rooting for you both.

Smoke of any kind bothers me. I can't breathe around it at all. It just chokes me.

Maybe you can take some kind of evening class ? That way you can learn something new and meet new people.

• Like 1

What am I to you Groghan, California Chrome? Just some kind of show-horse to you? Is that it!?

'I will throw down $40 on arnold and McLoser. Let's make it an Exacta! arnold first. Now where's the beer around here?'

Chrome won two legs of the Triple Crown!

You are a kid who has come onto the forum for years and cried and moaned about his miserable he was and how much life sucks.

I'm a caring person. Now that you've graduated college, gotten a job, probably getting your own place and "making" it without your parents help, I sincerely hope that life improves for you and that your next five years of posts are full of happiness and joy.

I hope you love your job, get a great place, fall in love with a woman who makes you happy. start to actually understand sports.........and you have a fantastic rest of your life.

Maybe you can take some kind of evening class ? That way you can learn something new and meet new people.

If I can find something for free, sure. Anything that costs money right now is off limits as I can barely afford to pay my bills as my rent went up and the gig just isn't paying enough at the moment.

If I can find something for free, sure. Anything that costs money right now is off limits as I can barely afford to pay my bills as my rent went up and the gig just isn't paying enough at the moment.

Take your pick:

electric-guitar.jpg

or

accoustic-guitar.jpg

You can get a decent starter for less than $200, you like music, you have the time.

EDIT: Apologies if this has been suggested already, I don't really follow this thread. Or if you already play guitar?

Edited by OmarBradley

Take your pick:

electric-guitar.jpg

or

accoustic-guitar.jpg

You can get a decent starter for less than $200, you like music, you have the time.

I do play, actually. I have for 15 years. Sure, I kinda suck, but I do play.

Take your pick:

electric-guitar.jpg

or

accoustic-guitar.jpg

Form a band.

Take your pick:

electric-guitar.jpg

or

accoustic-guitar.jpg

Form a band.

Good idea. And girls love musicians :)

A silly waste of time but here I go.

McCoy, tell Lith to delete this thread. And why am I saying this? Because it's being the opposite of helpful. You have low self-esteem and, call me crazy but reading a bunch of strangers who don't know you scrutinizing every move you do when dating/flirting/meeting a girl just to point out what you do wrong, or what's wrong with you in general... I don't know, I don't think that is helping your esteem.

You already know your flaws, don't you? You know that you have to work on your confidence, that you have to be more independent, less needy, etc. You probably even know that you don't have to call a girl 50 times a day when you've just met her. So pointless thread, because you already know what people are telling you but I doubt they are gonna change your ways with a post. Theory is easy, and we all know it. I mean, no one is insecure and socially awkward by choice.

Weighing up the general tone of these +200 pages, if I were you, I would feel like a total weirdo and a failure. Look, apparently this is a forum full of flawless badasses who know their shit but let me tell you one thing, you're an incredible average person. In the sense that there are millions of people out there feeling exactly like you, and being as insecure and as everyting as you. You're nothing special.

Again, I don't think this thread is helpful for you when we are making you feel like you're one in a million and everybody else is secure, outgoing, and dating experts. Comments saying this is not normal from a grown man. Well, I tell you, psychologists have plenty of grown patients. And there are middle life crisis, and childhood traumas that stay with us until we die, and all type of persoanlity treats. Being shy or introverted is not well seen in our society but they are just totally normal personality traits. And being a little bit insecure is not exclusive to teenagers, I tell you. There are even rockstars that are very insecure and full of doubts. You have been in a toxic long relationship at a age where people normally test the market and learn what realtionships, dating and flirting goes about. And now you're struggling. But there are people who get divorced in their 40s or 50s and they are even more lost that you.

And you know what, as I told you, the theory is easy. So easy that there are even people here advising you to be yourself and be confident and whatnot that , for what I can perceive from the daily interactions here, don't seem much better than you. I would even say they are "worse", in the sense that at least you are aware of your limitations, your flaws, and you admit them. Not all the apparenlty cool people are as cool as they try to portray themselves. Not only here.

Tl;dr. McCoy, you're not special. We can't help you. Stop it now.

• Like 3

You want a practical advice that you can start practicing right now ? Read simple, practical advices about self-talk and apply them DESPITE WHATEVER YOU MIGHT THINK OF THEM ( "talking to yourself and telling yourself you are the shit is ridiculous etc..." ).

Take baby steps and just try. I mean, how bad do you want change and who cares anyway ?

Try it. First thing in the morning,try giving yourself a pat on the back because you are cool. If "cool" doesn't resonate with you try "kind" or "interesting". Whatever you are ready to believe and feel the small relief it gives you.

Once you see it works and it's not just wishful thinking, keep reading about self talk, self image and confidence in general and build your way from there but seriously, start somewhere.

Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 1

I don't think this thread is hurting at all. At least McCoy has a place where he can be truthful with a decent amount of anonymity. There's things that can be said and discussed here with honest feedback that usually isn't done in the outside world.

My 2 cents.

• Like 1

I don't think this thread is hurting at all. At least McCoy has a place where he can be truthful with a decent amount of anonymity. There's things that can be said and discussed here with honest feedback that usually isn't done in the outside world.

My 2 cents.

I don't think there's any honesty here in his part. I hear excuses which couldn't be further from the truth of what's really going on and what he actually wants to achieve.