What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Jack Ryan.

I watched Shadow Recruit, the Krasinski Series and now The Sum Of All Fears.

I hope the books arent as repetitive as all these screen renderings. He's 'just an analyst' who is wet behind the ears and says silly things to powerful people. Then he springs to life as an action hero and saves Murica. Wash rinse repeat.

But they are kinda fun. 

Robin Hood (2018)

Wow! I enjoyed it! The best depiction of class warfare, hierarchy and the nature of power of any Robin Hood Ive seen. It seems to have taken equal parts the Legend of Robin Hood and Prairie Fire by the Weather Underground executive. With the laters call to "bring the war home" and with Robin being the 'spark that starts the prairie fire.'

On 7/6/2020 at 6:27 PM, Rovim said:

The Americans - I've tried to get into it a few years ago, watched 6 or 7 episodes and couldn't connect with it. Tried again a couple of days ago. Great fuckin' show. Highly recommended.

❤️ My favorite of the last decade. It’s so dense and rich and banging of soundtrack. 

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Rewatching the Mentalist....good show, but mainly watching cause of Simon Baker. Man has a killer smile.

and yes, the Sinner is a great show. Good choice @soon! I liked both seasons equally well, they were so very different. and who can say anything bad about Bill Pullman?

Thanks marlingrl! Im really happy I found it. And yeah, the more I reflect on it, season one was just as awesome. Bill Pullman... I mean he aced that role!!

Im now wondering if I should watch the Mentalist since you enjoy it? I guess its just a question of if I will like Simon Bakers smile as much as you then? lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

Thanks marlingrl! Im really happy I found it. And yeah, the more I reflect on it, season one was just as awesome. Bill Pullman... I mean he aced that role!!

Im now wondering if I should watch the Mentalist since you enjoy it? I guess its just a question of if I will like Simon Bakers smile as much as you then? lol

Well if you like shows like Criminal Minds and such. This was a show on CBS...7 seasons....Simon makes the show absolutely but each actor on it is good.  They made  a great ensemble team. :)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well if you like shows like Criminal Minds and such. This was a show on CBS...7 seasons....Simon makes the show absolutely but each actor on it is good.  They made  a great ensemble team. :)

Right on! Im gonna check out The Mentalist, thanks!

Y'know, I havent seen Criminal Minds which is odd since I do like the genre and I know its a classic. I should really remedy that situation and watch it too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soon said:

Right on! Im gonna check out The Mentalist, thanks!

Y'know, I havent seen Criminal Minds which is odd since I do like the genre and I know its a classic. I should really remedy that situation and watch it too.

20 hours ago, soon said:

Oh I loved that show. it was different and very good stories. I wonder what Simon Baker is doing these days? I have not seen him since the show ended.

Loved Criminal Minds too. This show has had a lot of character changes, but always remained good. The show always had a good cast.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, soon said:

Oh wow! Yeah, love this show too.  Every season is different and awesome stories. Bill Pullman is always in the show, but it has different stories each season and a different character.

Bill Pullman's character is a tortured soul too and that's what makes this show so intriguing. The stories aren't always so cut and drive and usually shocking by the ending.

I hope this show comes back for a 4th season. Such a great show.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh wow! Yeah, love this show too.  Every season is different and awesome stories. Bill Pullman is always in the show, but it has different stories each season and a different character.

Bill Pullman's character is a tortured soul too and that's what makes this show so intriguing. The stories aren't always so cut and drive and usually shocking by the ending.

I hope this show comes back for a 4th season. Such a great show.

I didnt realize there was a 3rd season! Thats awesome, I hope it will appear on my netlfix soon! (I thought it was on Prime but I had that mixed up). I guess the Mentalist and Criminal Minds will tide me over until then.

Bill Pullman is really great at portraying a troubled but gentle soul. I agree he makes it all work. I was very shocked at the twists and turns and especially the conclusions of season 1 and 2. Great show!

27 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh I loved that show. it was different and very good stories. I wonder what Simon Baker is doing these days? I have not seen him since the show ended.

Loved Criminal Minds too. This show has had a lot of character changes, but always remained good. The show always had a good cast.

I have to admit Id not heard of Simon Baker before @marlingrl03 mentioned him. :smiley-confused2:

I cant believe I havent seen primal Minds yet!  

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, soon said:

I have to admit Id not heard of Simon Baker before @marlingrl03 mentioned him. :smiley-confused2:

Simon Baker is the man! :P

Now Primal Minds sounds like a kickass show. :lol: I assume you meant Criminal Minds lol?!

But yeah all those type of shows... .The Mentalist, Cold Case, and Criminal Minds were all outstanding shows imho.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Simon Baker is the man! :P

Now Primal Minds sounds like a kickass show. :lol: I assume you meant Criminal Minds lol?!

But yeah all those type of shows... .The Mentalist, Cold Case, and Criminal Minds were all outstanding shows imho.

Simon Baker must be great :) And Ill be experiencing that first hand... soon hehe

Haha, Im throwing out typos a lot lately! But yeah, that would be a good one too! :lol:

Nice, well Im set for shows. Are you still visiting the town of Pawnees park department lately?

1 hour ago, soon said:

Simon Baker must be great :) And Ill be experiencing that first hand... soon hehe

Haha, Im throwing out typos a lot lately! But yeah, that would be a good one too! :lol:

Nice, well Im set for shows. Are you still visiting the town of Pawnees park department lately?

I sure am! Watching that on Hulu, the Mentalist on Prime and the Office on Netflix...among others.  I am really bad about adding new shows so in total I have about 10 to 12 I am watching. There are just tooooo many shows that interest me lol!!!! 

• GNFNR 1

49 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I sure am! Watching that on Hulu, the Mentalist on Prime and the Office on Netflix...among others.  I am really bad about adding new shows so in total I have about 10 to 12 I am watching. There are just tooooo many shows that interest me lol!!!! 

Nice! I slowed down on Parks and Rec as Ive been watching more movies lately (medieval themes). So if iirc you were on season two and I was on three, we might be lined up now! Im still on season 3.

I watched the Office all the way through recently because a book about its production came out. The book was really good so I was inspired to re-watch it. The Office is getting pulled from Netflix at some point too, becasue NBC is starting its own streaming service. Gonna try to get another watch in first! Its so good! Im a big fan of Kevin, Michael and Creed. But theres too many amazing characters to count!

Yeah, I re-watch favourites a lot and sometimes dont add as many new ones, too. The Black List is another show I could just watch on a loop. We are spoiled with good tv these days! lol Plus many of the classics streaming! :headbang:

The Office is getting pulled?!!! Noooo! Shoot! I don't usually binge shows but I may have too with that one. Darn! I have missed out on finishing some shows cause they get pulled and my friend was like well when you take a year to finish a show lol thats what you get! But I just have SO many to watch. Wish I didn't have to work haha. :lol:

And Creed is awesome. I have a soft spot for Toby...he's treated like shit by Michael poor guy! 

Oh and I am on Season 3, episode 1 of Parks and Rec. Hulu better keep it! 

• Like 1

Yeah, it sucks! Im not sure how long it will be up for. But Im gonna binge too, to be safe. Ive had that happen to me too, not getting to finish a show that gets pulled. So frustrating! Or maybe work reviewing TV shows? :lol:

Toby is great! Did you ever see anything about the fan theories of Toby being the Scranton strangler? lol

Im on season 3 still too! Chris just asked April to move away to work for him. Ive switched string services to follow that show when it was pulled from another service! haha Its that good!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 2:59 PM, soon said:

I didnt realize there was a 3rd season! Thats awesome, I hope it will appear on my netlfix soon! (I thought it was on Prime but I had that mixed up). I guess the Mentalist and Criminal Minds will tide me over until then.

Bill Pullman is really great at portraying a troubled but gentle soul. I agree he makes it all work. I was very shocked at the twists and turns and especially the conclusions of season 1 and 2. Great show!

I've seen Simon Baker in some movies, but after his show went off the air, I haven't seen him in anything? Hope he's still acting.

Yeah, The Sinner has 3 seasons. All different but all so damn good. Bill Pullman is the only regular, but Jessica Biel who starred in the first season, is the producer.

Hope to begin watching the new season of Lucifer. It begins tonight, but I think I will start tomorrow. My friend has netflix, so I will watch a few shows at a time. Love this show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I've seen Simon Baker in some movies, but after his show went off the air, I haven't seen him in anything? Hope he's still acting.

Yeah, The Sinner has 3 seasons. All different but all so damn good. Bill Pullman is the only regular, but Jessica Biel who starred in the first season, is the producer.

Hope to begin watching the new season of Lucifer. It begins tonight, but I think I will start tomorrow. My friend has netflix, so I will watch a few shows at a time. Love this show.

I was impressed with Biels performance in season 1! 

Ive never seen Lucifer but heard its good! I hope the new season is the best yet!

On 8/21/2020 at 4:37 PM, soon said:

I was impressed with Biels performance in season 1! 

Ive never seen Lucifer but heard its good! I hope the new season is the best yet!

I know she was excellent and the story was so shocking. I didn't get to see Lucifer yet. Hopefully next week.

Both the 2 nd and 3 rd season of The Sinner was awesome too. Those writers have some excellent minds to come up with this stuff.

• Like 2