Do you know or have you met any celebrities?

wfuckinga

Oh no, hang on a minute I met Warrant too back in 1990 or something. I got backstage and was all star struck.

But I was really star struck several years ago in Barcelona, I saw Jean Paul Gaultier at the fruit market on the Ramblas and was too star struck to go and say hi (the fact I was backpacking and not dressed appropriately probably had an impact on my decision. Mind you he was wearing jeans and a bomber jacket, pretty close to what I was wearing, so I'm not sure why I hesitated on those grounds). He did look over at me and smiled at me and my silly star struck face, so I consider that pretty close to 'meeting'. :lol:

• Like 1

Oh no, hang on a minute I met Warrant too back in 1990 or something. I got backstage and was all star struck.

But I was really star struck several years ago in Barcelona, I saw Jean Paul Gaultier at the fruit market on the Ramblas and was too star struck to go and say hi (the fact I was backpacking and not dressed appropriately probably had an impact on my decision. Mind you he was wearing jeans and a bomber jacket, pretty close to what I was wearing, so I'm not sure why I hesitated on those grounds). He did look over at me and smiled at me and my silly star struck face, so I consider that pretty close to 'meeting'. :lol:

Lesson learned: Red always gets goofily star struck. :lol:
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I shouted 'LOU YOU FUCKIN LEGEND!' at Lu Edmonds when he was coming out of a pub, he turned around and did a comical little jig then walked off into The Apollo (Hammersmith).

Yes, a lot actually. I am from Amsterdam. They seem to like it there.

I also worked for a big sportscompany and met a lot of famous football/soccer players as well. That I liked the most.

The only time I was really really embarassing star struck was when meeting Marco van Basten. I had to bring him coffee, not much in the cup left as I finally managed to give it to him, it was all on the plate. My hands just shaked so bad, it was so awkward. But common... It was Marco van Basten, this was in the '90s, in a time he was still considered a 'god' !!!!

Edited by MB.

It's all musicians for me :lol:

I'm friends with Joey Belladonna. I also know all the guys in Tower Of Power really well, as well as Al Chez (Longtime Letterman band lead trumpet). Other's I've met:

- Iron Maiden - Nicko McBrain, Janick Gers, Bruce Dickinson

- Anthrax - Scott Ian, Charlie Benante, Frank Bello, Rob Caggiano

- Guns N' Roses - Bumblefoot, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, DJ Ashba, Dizzy Reed

- The Rolling Stones - Mick Taylor, Darryl Jones

- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Dicky Barrett, Ben Carr, Joe Gittleman, Tim Burton, Kevin Lenear, Chris Rhodes, Joe Sirois, Lawrence Katz

- Reverend Horton Heat - Reverend Horton Heat, Jimbo Wallace, Scott Churilla, Paul Simmons

- Coheed & Cambria - Claudio Sanchez, Travis Stever, Michael Todd, Chris Pennie

- Alice Cooper - Ryan Roxie, Chuck Garric

- Shadows Fall - Brian Fair, Jon Donais

- Michael Angelo Batio

- Dick Dale

- Mayer Hawthorne

- Victor Wooten

- Marcus Miller

- Stanley Clarke

- Gene Hoglan (Testament)

- Joey Vera (Armored Saint)

- Mark Osegueda (Death Angel)

- Tim Armstron (Rancid)

- Keith Morris (Black Flag)

Probably forgot a few, but that's most of them.

I've met the following past and present members from KISS:

Paul Stanley

Gene Simmons

Ace Frehley

Eric Singer

Tommy Thayer

Bruce Kulick

I met a couple of the guys from Grand Funk Railroad (when I met Bruce) too - Max Carl and Tim Cashion. Canadian singer/songwriter Lights, all the guys from Canadian band Crash Parallel, and probably some other Canadian artists that I'm forgetting. A few years ago when I played regularly in bands is when I met a few prominent Canadian names.

I've also met wrestler Bret Hart who was super cool.

I've talked to Richard and Bumble through e-mail several times if that counts. :lol:

I've met Black Stone Cherry several times, as they used to do (don't know if they still do) meet and greets.

I've met the CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi worldwide.

Pope John Paul II: I technically haven't met him, but my Mum got to and I was a baby in her arms at the time. There is a photo of the occasion. He gave me a blessing.

Chris Akrigg: mountain biker.

Dave Colwell of Bad Company/Humble Pie.

I know a lot of famous mountain bikers, but nobody outside of cycling would have heard of them.

Oh, finally, I never technically met Neville Brody (graphic designer of epic legendary status) but I once sat behind him at a conference and touched his jacket.

Guest Len B'stard

My cousin used to work at the Hilton and met tons of famous people, including:

Chris Benoit (sat at the bar boozing and looking moody)

Triple H (cordial)

Shahid Afridi (arrogant cunt)

Busta Rhymes (got ejected for being too bait whilst smoking weed)

Few others too, can't remember, Robert Pattinson apparently, Rowan Atkinson. Quite a few of them WWF wankers but i don't know all their names. I've seen Anthony Joshua tons locally. I met (in a manner of speaking, kicked off with him actually, me and my mate) Jaime out of Eastenders, little blonde boy who used to work in Phil Mitchell garage fuckin' ages ago.

I was college friends with someone who went on to play for the Harlem Globetrotters. Not necessarily a celebrity, but closest out of the people I know. Out of the celebrities I've met, Oscar Robertson and Anthony Munoz stand out the most to me.

Edited by ronaldo9

Paul Newman when I was working in a lumber yard in Westport, CT...he came in and asked me for Christmas lights.

Ritchie Blackmore at a CVS drugstore when I lived in Bethel, CT...he looked rather surprised when I recognized him and said hello..based on his rep of being a bit of a grump I did not bother him.

Ron Guidry Ex NY Yankee baseball player....I have a buddy who went to college with him and are good friends........

Johnny Winter twice after concerts for autographs...same with Mitck Taylor ex Stones guitarist.very nice guy...................