Do you know or have you met any celebrities?

wfuckinga

Back in 1999 when I was on Spring break in South Beach, Miami, I met Lenny Kravitz (or was hanging out around him...within a few feet):

I have met Lenny Kravitz as well in the '90. He was a very nice guy. I talked rather long with him, about family and all. I didn't recognized him at first. Some girls started to act funny, at first I thought they did that cause he was an attractive guy, but after a while I heard them say Kravitz. Than it finally hit me :lol:. He was really cool, I met him without any entourage, he knew his way in the city (Amsterdam).

Back in 1999 when I was on Spring break in South Beach, Miami, I met Lenny Kravitz (or was hanging out around him...within a few feet):

I have met Lenny Kravitz as well in the '90. He was a very nice guy. I talked rather long with him, about family and all. I didn't recognized him at first. Some girls started to act funny, at first I thought they did that cause he was an attractive guy, but after a while I heard them say Kravitz. Than it finally hit me :lol:. He was really cool, I met him without any entourage, he knew his way in the city (Amsterdam).

I wasn't 100% sure it was him either at the time....he had recently changed his look from the long dreads to the afro.....it was one of the wildest nights of my life....we were in the VIP section of one of the hottest clubs in Miami at the time....and I was on a few mind altering substances....I was dancing my ass off and I see Lenny Kravitz sitting there with a bunch of girls around him....my friends all confirmed it was him....so I gave him a high 5/peace sign....and he actually did the same back....pretty cool moment.....

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

Oh no, hang on a minute I met Warrant too back in 1990 or something. I got backstage and was all star struck.

But I was really star struck several years ago in Barcelona, I saw Jean Paul Gaultier at the fruit market on the Ramblas and was too star struck to go and say hi (the fact I was backpacking and not dressed appropriately probably had an impact on my decision. Mind you he was wearing jeans and a bomber jacket, pretty close to what I was wearing, so I'm not sure why I hesitated on those grounds). He did look over at me and smiled at me and my silly star struck face, so I consider that pretty close to 'meeting'. :lol:

Lesson learned: Red always gets goofily star struck. :lol:
Only with people that have truly meant something to me in my life. JPG is one step down from God to me. That man is the real fucking deal, a creative behemoth, a total inspiration.

Other 'celebrities' that don't mean that much to me are just people. I saw Kylie Minogue in a restaurant years ago and Kirk Pengilly from INXS was buying jeans at the same time as me last year and they just seemed like regular people. Michael Klimt lives somewhere near me and I often see him jogging or t a cafe I often go to, and I met Glenn Robuns from Kath and Kim a couple of years ago via a friend and all of them were just people.

Using a phone in a hurry? :lol:

Fair point. That hasn't exactly happened to me yet though.

Ted Turner. Well, kind of. 1982, my dad, me and my two brothers are walking around Busch Stadium in St. Louis, getting ready to go in for a playoff game between the Atlanta Braves/St. Louis Cardinals. A limo pulls up, and Ted Turner gets out and starts walking towards us to get into the stadium. No bodyguards, entourage, etc..., just him. He walked right up to us and said "Hi. How are ya?" Then walked into the stadium.

Hank Williams III. After a show he was hanging signing autographs taking pics and shit. Cool guy.

I know Jumpy Geathers from Washington Redskins fame pretty good. And his nephew Robert, think he plays for the Bengals now.

I've hung with: Petey Pablo. Lil Wayne/Birdman/Mannie Fresh/Juvenile. One of the guys from Rock N Roll Express and Jake the Snake.

You hung out with Wayne and them? Cool, what are they like? :)

They were all cool. Smoke weed like it's going out of style. Mannie and Juvenile are funny as shit. Wayne was young back then he was high as hell and just talked about how bad he needed a cheeseburger. They were all laid back and cool though.

Too many to make a list. Too many to remember them all just off the cuff. But one stands out in my memory and that is Marilyn Manson. He was ever so kind and polite. He seems a really nice guy.

Never woulda guessed.

Neither did I. :lol: But he was - a really nice guy. I was kinda baffled.

Too many to make a list. Too many to remember them all just off the cuff. But one stands out in my memory and that is Marilyn Manson. He was ever so kind and polite. He seems a really nice guy.

Never woulda guessed.

I went to college with a guy that met him during his high school years....he dated his ex girlfriend or something along those lines....he basically said Marilyn Manson was a regular kid (almost geeky) in high school and that all the make up, "underworld" look was all a front.....or done way after his high school years...... :shrugs:

I met Pete Steele, Johnny Kelly, and Kenny Hickey from Type O Negative. They were awesome, talked to me like they knew me their whole lives. Also, pretty sure I met Robert DeNiro, although he wouldn't confirm it was him, when I asked. He was very polite.

Before they were famous, I was on Simple Plan's tour bus. It was just a shitty motorhome at the time. I took my friend to see Sugar Ray and Simple Plan opened up for them. Since I didn't care if I saw the show or not, I went out back to see if I could get my friend an autograph and it was winter in Northeast PA. It was really cold and I was freezing my ass off and I was probably 4 or 5 months pregnant with my daughter. The lead singer (Pierre or some French name)'s dad came out of the tour bus and saw me standing there and was making a fuss about me being cold and pregnant and all that. So he took me and two or three other friends of mine on the bus to thaw out. He put on videos of the band's shows in other places and just hung out. He was really nice. After the show, the band gave me a bumper sticker that they all signed and put "Baby's First Concert" on it. It's in her baby book.

Probably not a "celebrity" but my cousin played major league baseball and was the bench coach for the Marlins when they won the World Series. Pretty sure I'm the only one in the family who doesn't really care, since baseball bores me to tears, but the ring is cool.

Also not a celebrity but the son of - I was working in the Poconos taking rich people out for trail rides on horseback. I got to take out Dee Snider's son and his girlfriend, along with her family. He was really cool, sheepishly admitting to inheriting his father's pre-nose job schnozz.

Don't know how many wrestling fans we have but I met George "The Animal" Steel. He was a dick. Seriously. Rude, unapproachable, a real douchebag.

"Psycho" Sid was the friendliest guy! He gave me about 10 hugs, chatted for a good 15 mins or so, just a really nice guy.

I almost forgot. Though I don't usually watch it, this past season on America's Got Talent was an opera trio called "Forte". Sean Panikkar, one of the members, graduated high school with me. We went to all the school music competitions together. He's got an incredible voice.

Edited by DangerousCurves

Never woulda guessed.

That's kinda how Tim Armstrong was when I met him. He comes off as such a cock in interviews, but he was a really nice, talkative guy in person. It was backstage at a festival in the middle of nowhere in Quebec. I'd been talking with one of the guys from the Bosstones and Tim came up to me and he's just like "Hey, where the fuck are we right now? I'm texting someone and I have no clue where we are!", then ended up spending like an hour chatting with him :lol:

Had a short relationship and lived with a girl who turned into a celebrity a few years later.

Yeah? Shit, who? :)

You wouldn't know her, she's a Dutch girl: Yvonne Coldeweijer.

Schermafbeelding-2013-01-22-om-09.06.48.

She presented a children's program on television called Telekids here in The Netherlands, and she also played in the musical Wicked and Little Mermaid if I remember correctly?

I've been in chats with Bumblefoot a few times. ;)

Other than that, I suppose meeting Norton Juster was cool. He's the author of the Phantom Tollbooth. He lived a block away from my step-mom when I was a kid. He signed my book, and tsk-tsk'd me for folding the pages instead of using a bookmark. I dunno if he qualifies as a celebrity, but he is a well-known author.

I was in an airport in Burlington, Vermont, when Molly Shannon (from SNL) left something at the counter. She was in line right before me and had walked away. They called her name over the PA system for her to come back. The look on her face was priceless.

Edited by metaforcesaber

Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Joe Rogan, lots of other comics who are probably no names here, Ludacris, Lil Jon.... various wrestlers when I was a kid... Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner, Shawn Michaels. Sports, Chipper Jones, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine. Josh Smith (actually played against me and our HS basketball squad when I was in HS), Al Horford, Jeff Teague. Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Michael Turner, John Abraham

Nobody

Yup, same. I almost met Paul Stanley when he was doing his art tours. About a million Kiss fans lined up in a mall for 3 hours, only to be told (at the front of the line after waiting...) that Paul would only be conversing with people who purchased art (he was charging absurd prices, few hundred was the cheapest if I remember correctly). That's when I started to lose respect for Kiss, or at least Paul and Gene. Would like to meet Ace and Peter, even Tommy or Eric Singer would be cool. It wasn't so much that we couldn't talk to Paul unless we bought art, I mean that's annoying but I get it. What pissed me off is they waited till everyone had waited on line to tell us.... should have been made clear from the beginning.

EDIT: And of course after I pressed "post," I just remembered I have met a few, while drunk. Met all of Tesla except for Troy (drummer) at a show a few years ago. Saw them again about a year later, Dave (guitar) actually remembered my name and the guitar I had at the time. Cool guys, all of them.

Edited by OmarBradley

Never woulda guessed.

That's kinda how Tim Armstrong was when I met him. He comes off as such a cock in interviews, but he was a really nice, talkative guy in person. It was backstage at a festival in the middle of nowhere in Quebec. I'd been talking with one of the guys from the Bosstones and Tim came up to me and he's just like "Hey, where the fuck are we right now? I'm texting someone and I have no clue where we are!", then ended up spending like an hour chatting with him :lol:

For me it was at The Mechanical Animal Tour in the 90s. Marilyn was performing in a brand new Rock-theatre and the backstage area was rather sprawled. I couldn't find my way to the stage and walked around in a Spinal Tap kind of way with my cameras hanging around my neck. I stood in a hall way and Marilyn walked over to me. He said Hello, and apologized for the restrictions for photographers. I was permitted to only shoot the first 3 songs, and not to use a flash-light. Of course I already knew that - it's common place and I also had this big sticker and press pass on my T-shirt saying First 3 Songs Only . He seemed embarrassed, though, and tried to help me. He advised me to use a very high ISO and lower shutter-speed and all that. As if I didn't know... :lol:

But it was ever so considerate of him, and again he apologized for the inconvenience and said how much he enjoyed himself over here (The Netherlands).

I just stood there and I said yes, and I said great.

No, I wasn't star struck, just totally baffled about him being so polite and apologetical.

I'd never expected him to be like that. We had a casual chat and then he showed me the way to the stage, which was right around the corner, actually.