April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Right, so I've just finished catching up on the 30 pages or so since I left for work this morning.

Let me put this out there right off the bat: I completely get some peoples' frustration with GN'R currently, and some of the criticism is justified. But there was truly some garbage posted today in this thread as well. There is a line of what's acceptable when criticizing, and a lot of posts in the past 24 hours went over that line. Honestly, even for the people that aren't fans of GN'R in it's current state - does anyone really enjoy posting here when the atmosphere is so negative? A small attitude adjustment could make a world of difference; if some members could be a little less hostile, discussion could be so much more enjoyable and productive, for people of every opinion on current GN'R. This is a fan forum, and we're all here because, on some level, we're still interested in the band. Where is the fun in coming here to bash Axl for his weight/voice, make fun of Jarmo (Who literally had nothing to do with last night), or insult other members here because they have a different opinion than you?

This isn't me trying to crack down on anyone in particular. This is just me asking if we could all put in a little effort to lighten the mood and make discussion a little more fun, it's a two way street guys! ;)

I really agree.

I didn't like yesterday's performance by Axl. But reflecting on it today, I really think that the amount of hateful and offensive things directed towards him here went way overboard. I felt strongly on this last performance that he acknowledged his shortcomings, and was hurt by them, by his own performance. I could feel him trying hard and just not being able to deliver, and feeling bad about it.

We all speculate about his form being due to a lack of effort, but the truth is we don't know for sure. His physical shape (which is not nearly as bad as some make it out to be for a dude his age) is no conclusive indicative of how hard he works to deliver vocally. I think he is going through very rough times with his voice, he knows it and is struggling to find a solution and rebound from it.

I might get flamed for saying this, but while we are only an online forum, the past indicates that many of what is said here gets to him. And I doubt it helps in any way, I'd bet it only drags him further down. And I might be way off saying this, he might not give a shit, but perhaps he could use a little support, he is a human being, and a sensitive one. Maybe it would help in some way, maybe it could motivate him, even lead him to open up, I don't know. I actually felt bad for him reading this thread, and when an average cunt feels bad about Axl Rose because of stuff posted on an internet forum, it's because lines have probably been crossed.

I'd be willing to participate in some form of display of support from MyGNR towards Axl, if other members were too. I doesn't have to be eternal or unconditional, but just a little bit right now. I do feel I'll get flamed or dismissed because of this post, but I think it is warranted.

And just in case someone considers pointing this out, I know this contradicts previous posts by me. As I said, I reflected.

• Like 4

Looks like the people at the show had a good time:

And lastly, Guns ‘N Roses took the stage as the headlining live act of this event, playing a surprisingly long set which lasted for about 75 minutes and spawned 11 songs, certainly not the norm for these Golden Gods shows wherein no band has ever played more than 3 or 4 songs. There was a 15-minute lull before they appeared at 10:45 PM, and the same old rumblings of Axl Rose’s lateness started circulating amongst people in my vicinity, some even speculating whether Axl was going to play the show at all. But the band came out and delivered more than what anyone would have expected, featuring the return of bassist Duff McKagan not only to boost the rhythm section and backing vocals but also to give the band a more ‘legit’ collective persona specially in the eyes of those who’re fixated on the classic lineup. Granted, Axl Rose started out sounding uneasy on the vocals but from the fourth song onwards, he upped his level, and slower songs like ‘Better’ and ‘This I Love’ allowed him more breathing room which in turn resulted in him giving his 100 per cent on the last few songs of the set, including the beautiful ‘November Rain’ and culminating in a great rendition of ‘Paradise City’. Guitarists Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba and Richard Fortus were excellent as always, playing the songs with absolute perfection, and besides the GNR songs they played a couple of delightful little jams as well, including Bumblefoot’s intro teaser of Zeppelin’s ‘Babe I’m Gonna Leave You. Together, all eight members of the band combined to deliver an excellent Guns ‘N Roses set, which in the honest words of my photographer/friend Matt Nielson, was a lot better than when he saw the band back in ’92. That in itself speaks a lot for the current lineup, and I would urge people who hate Guns ‘N Roses without giving them a semblance of a chance to go check out a live show (not a live stream, an actual show) and decide for yourself. My only complaint from this set would be the excessively long version of ‘Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door’, which if shortened down would perhaps serve the band and their audience a lot better. Other than that, this GNR set was an apt end to an event that began on a fantastic note and had a lot of filler in between.

Set List:
01. It’s So Easy
02. Welcome To The Jungle
03. Better
04. This I Love
05. You Could Be Mine
06. Sweet Child O’ Mine
07. Babe I’m Gonna Leave You intro (Led Zeppelin cover)
08. November Rain
09. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
10. Instrumental Jam
11. Paradise City

http://metalassault.com/gig_reviews/2014/04/24/6th-annual-revolver-golden-gods-event-takes-place-at-club-nokia/#sthash.Aq4jUMk0.dpuf

• Like 2

Right, so I've just finished catching up on the 30 pages or so since I left for work this morning.

Let me put this out there right off the bat: I completely get some peoples' frustration with GN'R currently, and some of the criticism is justified. But there was truly some garbage posted today in this thread as well. There is a line of what's acceptable when criticizing, and a lot of posts in the past 24 hours went over that line. Honestly, even for the people that aren't fans of GN'R in it's current state - does anyone really enjoy posting here when the atmosphere is so negative? A small attitude adjustment could make a world of difference; if some members could be a little less hostile, discussion could be so much more enjoyable and productive, for people of every opinion on current GN'R. This is a fan forum, and we're all here because, on some level, we're still interested in the band. Where is the fun in coming here to bash Axl for his weight/voice, make fun of Jarmo (Who literally had nothing to do with last night), or insult other members here because they have a different opinion than you?

This isn't me trying to crack down on anyone in particular. This is just me asking if we could all put in a little effort to lighten the mood and make discussion a little more fun, it's a two way street guys! ;)

I really agree.

I didn't like yesterday's performance by Axl. But reflecting on it today, I really think that the amount of hateful and offensive things directed towards him here went way overboard. I felt strongly on this last performance that he acknowledged his shortcomings, and was hurt by them, by his own performance. I could feel him trying hard and just not being able to deliver, and feeling bad about it.

We all speculate about his form being due to a lack of effort, but the truth is we don't know for sure. His physical shape (which is not nearly as bad as some make it out to be for a dude his age) is no conclusive indicative of how hard he works to deliver vocally. I think he is going through very rough times with his voice, he knows it and is struggling to find a solution and rebound from it.

I might get flamed for saying this, but while we are only an online forum, the past indicates that many of what is said here gets to him. And I doubt it helps in any way, I'd bet it only drags him further down. And I might be way off saying this, he might not give a shit, but perhaps he could use a little support, he is a human being, and a sensitive one. Maybe it would help in some way, maybe it could motivate him, even lead him to open up, I don't know. I actually felt bad for him reading this thread, and when an average cunt feels bad about Axl Rose because of stuff posted on an internet forum, it's because lines have probably been crossed.

I'd be willing to participate in some form of display of support from MyGNR towards Axl, if other members were too. I doesn't have to be eternal or unconditional, but just a little bit right now. I do feel I'll get flamed or dismissed because of this post, but I think it is warranted.

And just in case someone considers pointing this out, I know this contradicts previous posts by me. As I said, I reflected.

I agree with this post.

He really did look like he was trying hard. I don't think people are giving that anywhere near enough credit.

then we're cool.

Is there a reason you're being an ass?

agreed.

who cares?

I agree with this post.

He really did look like he was trying hard. I don't think people are giving that anywhere near enough credit.

then we're cool.

Is there a reason you're being an ass?

excuse me?

Edited by dufforever

I think Ax man really gave it his all in this one.. He really tried to rasp it out but went back to Micky almost immediately after as seen on wttj even ycbm he went for it Afew times man.. Easy was rly good I enjoyed it.. Better after struggling the whole song the ending verse or breakdown watever was rly nice! Kohd was awesome I feel casuals will enjoy that performance ! And god damn did Fortus kill it !!

If your not fortus your against us!!!

I really agree.

I felt like crying while re-watching the full clip (only got to watch the livestream during Nov Rain) because I know he was trying hard to please but he simply couldn't. I did not complain about his voice this time as he clearly showed he put it all out but he just could not pull through, it's not like he lacked any effort. Instead of feeling angry, I feel sad for him. I concur with everything Pedro posted above.

Yeah, he's probably trying his best to perform vocally, or at least was this time, but he's most certainly not trying to please his fans in any other way. So... I feel no pity whatsoever. It'd be incredibly simple for him to play one new song, or change the setlist with fan favorites, etc... He just doesn't do it so...

I don't think there are any casual fans here.

i don't think so either.

not Axl fans.

if you get GNR to any degree,you're not normal.

:rofl-lol:

"Nurse! What's wrong with me???"

Nurse: (deep breath) "You've got... GN'R."

:shocked: "IS THERE A CURE?"

Nurse: "...I'm afraid not. It's a lifelong affliction."

(Hotel California plays in the background)

* apologises for silly mood* *slinks away*

Spotted myself in the montage, yay!

cl7zmq7.png

From Abu Dhabi 2013.

Looks like I'm taking a photo of Axl's crotch.

Which I wasn't. Honest.

Just in case you 'accidently' took a photo of his crotch could you send it to me please? :lol: I have his bare backside, I could hang them side by side. :axl:

• Like 3

Axl needs rest, surgery and some physical & mental rehabilitation.

He needs to be taught how to let go of hate too, 20 years of it seems to have taken his best bits from him.

If I was his manager, he'd be on 1 years sabatical and I'd be working on a strategy for mending fences and ending old scores with those he loved most in the past and feels most let down by. He needs to hear their side of the story too. That's one thing he doesn't do much, he just cuts people out, refuses any more communication and then hates on them for years on end. That may have been easy when he was young and had lots of life ahead, no so when you're getting old and feeling less brave.

Despite his wealth and global fame, Axl's world seems to get smaller and smaller as the years go by; with him carrying a perception of enemies at every border, working feverishly to bring him down. I no longer believe this is the case. It must be suffocating to live like that.

The process of forgiveness, apology and reconsiliation can be amazingly good for body & soul and very liberating.

Axl needs to be liberated from his life, past and present, and I think if he was he could look at the whole thing in the round and find a new path, one that should deliver him back to a better reality.

Duff is the perfect example of a man who too that journey. He should follow Duff's example. With Duff around him now, I have some hope that something may happen.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 1

He needs to be taught how to let go of hate too, 20 years of it seems to have taken his best bits from him.

If I was his manager, he'd be on 1 years sabatical and I'd be working on a strategy for mending fences and ending old scores with those he loved most in the past and feels most let down by. He needs to hear their side of the story too. That's one thing he doesn't do much, he just cuts people out, refuses any more communication and then hates on them for years on end. That may have been easy when he was young and had lots of life ahead, no so when you're getting old and feeling less brave.

Despite his wealth and global fame, Axl's world seems to get smaller and smaller as the years go by; with him carrying a perception of enemies at every border, working feverishly to bring him down. I no longer believe this is the case. It must be suffocating to live like that.

The process of forgiveness, apology and reconsiliation can be amazingly good for body & soul and very liberating.

Axl needs to be liberated from his life, past and present, and I think if he was he could look at the whole thing in the round and find a new path, one that should deliver him back to a better reality.

Duff is the perfect example of a man who too that journey. He should follow Duff's example. With Duff around him now, I have some hope that something may happen.

one year sabbatical is a great idea.

Axl has to be tired after about 5 years on the road.

AGREED!! And I would show this video to Axl also:

I was going to write a damn paper on how terrible this was. I'm going to save you all from that.

Axl is an old has-been. Even those who worship him (I hope) can realize this. There are plenty of 50+ year old singers who still rock today, and Axl isn't one of them, at least live-performing wise. Song writing? How can you even judge? This I Love (amongst others) is cringe-worthy, but can't really judge one album on a songwriters' ability.

How can you fix this band? I'll let ya know!

1. Fire ASHBA Swag ™ (I hope I don't have to explain this)

That would suffice for now. But in case that isn't realistic enough:

2. Hey Axl, hit a treadmill inbetween your stale, consitantly boring (and stagnent) stage moves,. Your voice? I'm not sure on this. Stop drinking/smoking would help, but then again, you're a stubbern asshole. So who knows (or cares) on this one.

3. Fire Team Brazil. Again, this is obvious. If I hired a maid (I wouldn't, I'm not a lazy fuck and I can consistantly clean up after myself), I wouldn't hire her/them/Brazil to be my management team, no matter what my profession is. Unless, of course, somehow I was a very rich maid/house keeper.

PS - I don't often post my opinion about this "band" anymore, but I like the fact that this mod team allows us to post our actual opinions, whether or not they're positive or negative. That's unique, especially in this "join the ride (while I openly tour with the band), or fuck off attitude.

It's much appreciated.

If I was his manager, he'd be on 1 years sabatical

You think Team Brazil is going to let him go on a 1 year sabatical?

They have alot of mouths to feed, and Axl is there only source of revenue and only client.

If he doesn't work they don't eat.

They could care less about his well being.

Besides, they go out of there way to make sure he will never even consider a reunion as it wouldn't be Team Brazil managing the band in that situation you can guarantee. Team Brazil is way too small time for a GNR reunion. It is why they have isolated Axl and don't let anyone in his life that could possibly expose the con they are running for the financial betterment of their entire clan.