April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Guest cbgnr666

I think opening with It's so easy then Nice boys or You're Crazy acoustic, and closing with This I love would be a nice set for this.These generally come really well live.

Edited by cbgnr666

I'd say Axl will choose a combination of songs that are well known and/or relatively easy for him to sound decent on. Jungle, SCOM, CD, uh, You're Crazy would be cool but I'd be surprised to see it. We'll probably get PC, because when was the last time Axl ended a show with something other than PC. Unfortunately, he'll be bad on that one. I don't expect Patience and SCOM. He'll keep it a rock set with one of those two, most likely SCOM.

I'd say Axl will choose a combination of songs that are well known and/or relatively easy for him to sound decent on. Jungle, SCOM, CD, uh, You're Crazy would be cool but I'd be surprised to see it. We'll probably get PC, because when was the last time Axl ended a show with something other than PC. Unfortunately, he'll be bad on that one. I don't expect Patience and SCOM. He'll keep it a rock set with one of those two, most likely SCOM.

You have to realize that Axl doesn't know that he sounds like shit on anything. That can't be an influence on what he'll play.

You have to realize that Axl doesn't know that he sounds like shit on anything. That can't be an influence on what he'll play.

You honestly think he doesn't know? I think he knows.

Edited by magisme

I think he knows too. He should know.

How could he? He can't really hear himself at the show, and if he can by all accounts he sounds fine. TB won't let him come here or go on YouTube even if he had an interest in doing so.

How could he? He can't really hear himself at the show, and if he can by all accounts he sounds fine. TB won't let him come here or go on YouTube even if he had an interest in doing so.

You know I work at a boarding school, right? Well the students are put on a network that Chinas the fuck out of their access, blocking them from sites that should be blocked for minors, but also from completely harmless - and in some cases educational - sites. Well, they all have this software - I forget what it's called, starts with an S I think - that bypasses the network blocks somehow. Long story short, I bet Axl has the very same software. I bet he cries himself to sleep reading magisme posts every night. He cries because he knows I speak the truth.

• Like 1

TB won't let him come here or go on YouTube even if he had an interest in doing so.

Dude lol wat!! Please tell me that you both a) don't actually mean that and b) don't believe it to be true. C'mon...

"won't let him come here..."

"won't let him"

Hogwash, mate.

TB won't let him come here or go on YouTube even if he had an interest in doing so.

Dude lol wat!! Please tell me that you both a) don't actually mean that and b) don't believe it to be true. C'mon...

"won't let him come here..."

"won't let him"

Hogwash, mate.

We know for a fact that they censor contact from friends or anybody that has the slightest chance of upsetting Axl, because of Marc. Why wouldn't they censor public opinion of him when it has a much greater chance of upsetting him?

Before worrying about what ways Axl has to the internet, I would assume he's aware of how he sounds seeing as he has in ear monitors.

He's always bitching about those things. You think they work? Especially with the sound of the band and the audience right there? I don't think he's hearing much of himself in that environment.

Before worrying about what ways Axl has to the internet, I would assume he's aware of how he sounds seeing as he has in ear monitors.

He's always bitching about those things. You think they work? Especially with the sound of the band and the audience right there? I don't think he's hearing much of himself in that environment.

Axl has been deaf since 2011. He sounds pretty good all things considered.

• Like 1

Seriously, Axl deaf? What proof do you have to confirm this?

Besides, Pete Townsend has had hearing problems for years and years and the guy still rocks!

The 3 times I've seen GNR, Axl sounded awesome. I guess I was lucky Axl was having a good night.

Guest Gunns

Subs' source told him Axl has been deaf since 2011, so believe what you want.

It would explain why dj is still in the band after all his solo screwups

I think if DJ continues to screw up, Axl won't let him get away with it.

He was probably drunk since he seems to drink a lot and brags about it.

Eventually, it'll mess with your live performances and that sucks for the band and their fans.

Given it's honoring Axl Rose's contribution to music, I'd imagine he'll do November Rain as it's really is known as the main "Axl song" to the masses.

EDIT: at least to those who were around when it was released as a single and when the video came out.

Edited by hellobeatle

Given it's honoring Axl Rose's contribution to music, I'd imagine he'll do November Rain as it's really is known as the main "Axl song" to the masses.

EDIT: at least to those who were around when it was released as a single and when the video came out.

Since it is a "rock" award with a real hard rock type set-up, I wonder if he will skip the ballads and play some of GnR's heavier back catalog?

Unfortunately, we'll probably get Chinese.

Jungle, SCOM and Paradise City seem like staples.

It would be cool if he mixed it up a bit.

Jungle

Nightrain

NEW song

DIO cover

PC