April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Hey guys, I have been out of the loop for awhile and I have a question.

What is with the DJ Ashba hate? I had never heard of him until he joined GNR and I dont know anything about him.

But I keep reading tons of negative comments on him. What exactly is it that gets the fans riled up?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I haven't been following recently.

Also, as far as this Dio award goes; I do think Axl will show for sure. I just find it hard to believe that Axl will no show an award for him personally that bears Dio's name. Although I could be wrong. I do remember reading on a Dio forum that Axl showed up at Dio's funeral. Is that true? I do find that hard to believe as I didn't know of anytime Dio and Axl had crossed paths. Can anyone confirm or shine light on that for me as well?

I don't think he will put on a show if isn't "feeling" it. I expect a back out the night before or something like that.

At the best, Axl performs well and makes amends with Slash.

At the worst, Axl sees Slash and attacks him. Wouldn't that be a crazy headline? Axl punches Slash after receiving Ronnie James Dio award.

Im hoping Paul shows up. I also hope he only plays CD songs as they are GNR's greatest material.

It would be very nice to see Paul appear at the residency. Although he is belittled by certain posters, the songs posted here a few months ago are way better than anything Izzy Stradlin has done post-GNR.

Uhhhhhhh...

Sweet Caress is a song that Axl would sound great on. Wish Izzy was still in the band.

What is with the DJ Ashba hate? I had never heard of him until he joined GNR and I dont know anything about him.

But I keep reading tons of negative comments on him. What exactly is it that gets the fans riled up?

Also, as far as this Dio award goes; I do think Axl will show for sure. I just find it hard to believe that Axl will no show an award for him personally that bears Dio's name. Although I could be wrong. I do remember reading on a Dio forum that Axl showed up at Dio's funeral. Is that true? I do find that hard to believe as I didn't know of anytime Dio and Axl had crossed paths. Can anyone confirm or shine light on that for me as well?

I don't think he will put on a show if isn't "feeling" it. I expect a back out the night before or something like that.

At the worst, Axl sees Slash and attacks him. Wouldn't that be a crazy headline? Axl punches Slash after receiving Ronnie James Dio award.

With DJ, if you go to a show he is loved. He interacts, he is great with the fans. However, people on here take a dim view to him for 2 reasons. Self promotion is really bad with him with his clothing line, and how he struggles to pull of some solo's.. which can be accepted, but he completely changes them and passes them off as his own interpretation.

Personally I think he is a good addition to GNR, and better to watch on stage than Robin - who was just plain weird. I also don't care about his This I love or Patience solo's as they aren't very iconic solo's anyway, just part of the music rather than anything epic.

He can be a bit cheesy with his instagram pictures and acting like he is a teenager with the stuff he says, but I put it all down to an act to make more $$$

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

I'd be really disappointed in Axl if he didn't show up. I mean they are saying you Axl Rose by yourself deserve an award for your life's work. Whoever runs the Revolver awards are obviously huge fans of his so he's going to have a good time if he goes and he shouldn't shy away from it coz it'll be a positive experience for him. It's a more heartfelt recognition whereas the RRhof was more a ploy to get the Orig gnr back together. I mean when has Axl ever got recognition from his peers? He's criminally overlooked and I wonder why they decided now to honour him now? It's great he's finally getting that recognition he so deserves.

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't there a picture of Axl hanging out with Taylor of Pretty Reckless awhile back?
I believe they are going to be at the show, and they just released a new album.

If Axl likes her band, maybe she does a duet with him?
Yes, I know, most of you would hate that because you think she sucks and is "fake" or whatever. And that's cool, music is all about personal preference. I like her band and would enjoy seeing her and Axl sing a song together. She's no Lizzy Hale, but she isn't bad.