April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

I'm sure he is a nice bloke and all, but I don't see why I "need to respect" Tommy for his service...that moment at the start of the Blues where you can hear his bass is awesome yeah, but other than that...

Does that mean I should stand and remove my hat when Dizzy Reed enters the room? :P

• Like 1

I'm sure he is a nice bloke and all, but I don't see why I "need to respect" Tommy for his service...that moment at the start of the Blues where you can hear his bass is awesome yeah, but other than that...

Does that mean I should stand and remove my hat when Dizzy Reed enters the room? :P

I never said you need to respect him. I'm just saying it'd respectless if they (Axl) would kick him out after 16 years just because Duff would want his spot back. That's just poor form.

in fact, matt deserves much more respect than tommy or any other guy in nugnr :

Matt walked out after a massive argument with Axl - about Slash.

They had been talking in the studio when Paul Huge remarked he had seen Slash play with his band, the Snakepit, on the David Letterman show the previous night and that it had “sounded like shit and looked like shit.”

Says Matt now: “He was just bagging on Slash. I said, 'Listen motherfucker, when I'm sitting in the room, I'd appreciate it if you don't fucking say shit about Slash. He's still my friend. You can't even hold a fucking candle to that fucking guy. He's got more talent in his little toe than you, motherfucker, shut up!' And then Axl got in my face. I said, 'You know what, Axl, man? You're fucking smoking crack if you think this band's GN'R without Slash. You're gonna go play 'Sweet Child O' Mine' with fucking Paul Huge? Sorry, dude, it ain't gonna sound right. Fucking 'Welcome to the Jungle' without Slash?' [Axl] says, 'I'm Guns N' Roses - I don't need Slash'. I said, 'You know what? No, you aren't'. We got into a big pissy match; it went onto a bunch of other bullshit for about another 20 minutes. And then he finally said, 'Well, are you gonna fucking quit?' I said, 'No, I don't fucking quit'. And then he said, 'Well, then you're fucking fired.

“Paul Huge chased me out to the parking lot and said, 'What the fuck, man? Just come back in and apologise!' I said, 'Fuck you, Yoko! I'm gone!' And that was it.

I went home to my fucking six-level palatial rock star estate with two elevators and my Porsche. I was producing a band called Candlebox at the time, they were living in my house. And I said, 'I just got fired'. They said, 'Ah, fuck he'll call you back', and I said, 'No, not this time'. Cos he'd fired me before but he always called me back. I said, 'No, I don't think so'. And about a month later I got the letter from the lawyers.”

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

Paul was Beta before Beta came around :lol:

Where's that from by the way?

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/23285-most-hated-nugnr-guitarist/

1. Paul Huge aka Paul Tobias aka Yoko Ono

The man who broke up Guns, was described by Slash as a "bedroom guitarist." Slash hated him, Duff hated him, Matt hated him. Axl put his guitar parts on "Sympathy for the Devil" without asking the rest of the band. Tobias was also bullied by his mates in nuGNR who pushed him out of the band in 2001. Rumored to suffer from Downs Syndrome. Co-wrote "Back Off Bitch" and "Oh My God."

:lol::lol:

Edited by supercool

I never said you need to respect him. I'm just saying it'd respectless if they (Axl) would kick him out after 16 years just because Duff would want his spot back. That's just poor form.

Yeah but, if Duff comes back is cos it was planed way before, with Tommy knowing this and being OK with the terms. It really seems that they have a game plan this time.

Duff knows that if he was in GNR on any permanent basis, the honeymoon would end, and he would quickly go mad.

It's just about maintaining a solid relationship with Axl. And that entails being part of GNR in small doses.

• Like 1

in fact, matt deserves much more respect than tommy or any other guy in nugnr :

Matt walked out after a massive argument with Axl - about Slash.

They had been talking in the studio when Paul Huge remarked he had seen Slash play with his band, the Snakepit, on the David Letterman show the previous night and that it had “sounded like shit and looked like shit.”

Says Matt now: “He was just bagging on Slash. I said, 'Listen motherfucker, when I'm sitting in the room, I'd appreciate it if you don't fucking say shit about Slash. He's still my friend. You can't even hold a fucking candle to that fucking guy. He's got more talent in his little toe than you, motherfucker, shut up!' And then Axl got in my face. I said, 'You know what, Axl, man? You're fucking smoking crack if you think this band's GN'R without Slash. You're gonna go play 'Sweet Child O' Mine' with fucking Paul Huge? Sorry, dude, it ain't gonna sound right. Fucking 'Welcome to the Jungle' without Slash?' [Axl] says, 'I'm Guns N' Roses - I don't need Slash'. I said, 'You know what? No, you aren't'. We got into a big pissy match; it went onto a bunch of other bullshit for about another 20 minutes. And then he finally said, 'Well, are you gonna fucking quit?' I said, 'No, I don't fucking quit'. And then he said, 'Well, then you're fucking fired.

“Paul Huge chased me out to the parking lot and said, 'What the fuck, man? Just come back in and apologise!' I said, 'Fuck you, Yoko! I'm gone!' And that was it.

I went home to my fucking six-level palatial rock star estate with two elevators and my Porsche. I was producing a band called Candlebox at the time, they were living in my house. And I said, 'I just got fired'. They said, 'Ah, fuck he'll call you back', and I said, 'No, not this time'. Cos he'd fired me before but he always called me back. I said, 'No, I don't think so'. And about a month later I got the letter from the lawyers.”

I know I've read that before, but reading it again my respect for Sorum just went up a lot.

"Fuck you, Yoko!..." :rofl-lol:

I'm glad to see the posters above me are such constitutional scholars.

I'm stoked to see Duff on stage for this, I'm just really hoping Axl doesn't do WTTJ or YCBM--basically I hope he doesn't do anything he can't sing. He'd kill ISE & Brownstone.

he does better on patience and don't cry these days than any other song so it would be safe to do those for himself but the public probably expect and hope for the harder songs

• Like 1

Don't know why anybody would think there is a remote possibility of GNR performing new songs at a televised award ceremony (without the musician who has become quite synonymous with Axl's new band).

inb4twoorthreenewsongs

Don't know why anybody would think there is a remote possibility of GNR performing new songs at a televised award ceremony (without the musician who has become quite synonymous with Axl's new band).

inb4twoorthreenewsongs

inigo-montoya.jpeg

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."

• Like 1

inb4twoorthreenewsongs

inigo-montoya.jpeg

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."

Pretty sure that Tommy Stinson is closely connected with modern GNR, but thanks for your concern.

:lol:

TOMMY IS GNR!!!

It'd be great if you could start making productive posts in D&N again.

But to answer your surprise, yes, Tommy has been part of GNR for well over a decade. He has considerably more influence over Axl than any body else in the band. Using that fact, it's highly unlikely that they would debut a new song in his absence. What exactly is laughable about that observation?

:lol:

TOMMY IS GNR!!!

It'd be great if you could start making productive posts in D&N again.

But to answer your surprise, yes, Tommy has been part of GNR for well over a decade. He has considerably more influence over Axl than any body else in the band. Using that fact, it's highly unlikely that they would debut a new song in his absence. What exactly is laughable about that observation?

It would be great if you could stop being such a sycophant.

Not my problem you don't know what synonymous means.