Fortus: "I hope to finish up some more Dead Daisies songs and the rest of the next Guns N Roses album."

I think Axl really does plan time for working on the album with his band, but I also think he looks for reasons to avoid his own plans. That's why the band always looks forward to working on the album but never get the chance.

I don't see it as Fortus misleading fans, I see it as Axl misleading his band. That's why it's always interesting when a member leaves the band, because you start hearing how it really was to work with Axl, and how often plans got cancelled.

I think we should take this as a good sign.

If this really is a "Band" and not just Axl and a bunch of hired guns, then when a band member says they are working on songs and finishing the album - we should give him the respect he deserves.

They see me trollin'

But yeah, remember just back a few weeks or however long ago he said the same thing (without the GnR part)?

He probably just added that last line in to keep people from bugging him about it.

Ya, I know. We've heard the same comment from various band members over the years.

But maybe this really is the time they are actually going to do it.

It's been over five years, the time is more than right to get GnR back on the music scene.

The world needs another Axl Rose album!

I think Axl really does plan time for working on the album with his band, but I also think he looks for reasons to avoid his own plans. That's why the band always looks forward to working on the album but never get the chance.

I don't see it as Fortus misleading fans, I see it as Axl misleading his band. That's why it's always interesting when a member leaves the band, because you start hearing how it really was to work with Axl, and how often plans got cancelled.

Agreed.

And I think he's very conscious to always have another touring leg in the works. Avoids having to work on a new album.

New album? Can't. Have to get ready to tour.

New album? Can't. On tour.

New album? Can't. Just got back from touring.

• Like 2

Assuming any forthcoming album would be leftovers from the ChiDem sessions then I'm not really what how much work would need to be done... Surely Richard has recorded his parts already, we know BBF has recorded on some songs that have yet to be released (Atlas Shrugged) and DJ and Frank have had plenty of time to re-record over previous parts if that's what Axl wants to do again so why leave it this long?

I really want to hear some new songs (or specifically more ChiDem leftovers) :(

Agreed.

And I think he's very conscious to always have another touring leg in the works. Avoids having to work on a new album.

New album? Can't. On tour.

New album? Can't. Just got back from touring.

:lol:

Spot on.

Unless it comes from Axl's mouth, I won't believe it.

..and once it does, it could be another 10+ years wait on top of that..

Maybe Axl will do a Kubrick, and bailout 1 week after the albums release, thus never have to experience the feed back..

Edited by star

Unless it comes from Axl's mouth, I won't believe it.

..and once it does, it could be another 10+ years wait on top of that..

Maybe Axl will do a Kubrick, and bailout 1 week after the albums release, thus never have to experience the feed back..

well, since Axl already back off on that whole "trilogy statement" he made on here, I'd say axl's words are about worthless as well

Q. After the Australian tour, what's next for the Dead Daisies?

A. I'm in LA now, doing rehearsals for a Guns N Roses tour of South America and then a 3 week residency in Las Vegas and a couple of festival shows. After that, I hope to finish up some more Dead Daisies songs and the rest of the next Guns N Roses album.

http://www.theaureview.com/interviews/richard-fortus-of-the-dead-daisies

Credit for finding this to Chainsforalice from GNRTruth

nicolas-cage-trying-to-hold-in-laughter.

• Like 2

Fortus is great for a laugh isn't he haha. He's such a joker.

When i joined in 2011 on this forum there was a lot of talk about the new album, they were about to resume touring after a year, playing Rio and the US tour, everyone was convinced something was coming out that winter. All the nay sayers were going "we'll be lucky to have something by 2014 at the earliest", which got replies of "2014, 3 years away? don't be absurd" and also people saying they'd never cling on to their fanbase with 3 years of touring playing the same set and new music, yet here we are!

we're addicted even though we know nothing is on the horizon...

• Like 1

Unless the news comes directly from Axl, I don't believe it.

I'm tired of hoping and wishing, etc for new music.

I just don't think Axl is inspired anymore and knows his fans will still come out to see GNR, so why bother to write anything new?