Is the band officially a joke in your eyes?

It's a dysfunctional band, yes, like it has always been.

Funny.

On this side we've got the dysfunctional band GNR which released 5 albums and sold round about 100 million of copies in 6 years

and...

On this side we've got the dysfunctional band GNR which released 1 album in 23 years and sold 3 million copies.

Back then you had a hungry band that was on the constant verge of imploding with late starts, cancelled shows, fighting and legal troubles. Today we have a non-communicative band where fans and band members are kept in the dark. Dysfunctional in different ways.

Back then you had a hungry band that was on the constant verge of imploding with late starts, cancelled shows, fighting and legal troubles. Today we have a non-communicative band where fans and band members are kept in the dark. Dysfunctional in different ways.

I think the most important reason I don't take GnR serious anymore is in here. Back then you had a hungry band. In 2001-2002, even though they occasionally sucked, you still had a hungry band. In 2006 also.

But right now it seems like we have a band that doesn't even care about itself anymore and therefor neither do I.

I believed in Axls new vision, I believed that they could emerge with new music and be a force (although not to the same extent) again, however, his hunger and desire is gone, only interested in playing it safe, and that's his choice, but to me it makes him, his current band and management a joke. 1 album in nearly 23 years is a joke. Not a single hint of a new album nearly 6 years after the most recent album is a joke (and anyone who argues that Metallica and AC/DC have went a similar period then fuck off, check out their rather large back catalogues and compare to GNRs). The current band is a joke, from #ashba and his awful playing to BBF cryptic twitter whinning and pointless noodling and computer noises.
so yes I consider this band a joke, and that pains me to say that, because I believed.

Only when we factor in your disappointment does low productivity and playing it safe make a band a joke.

Yes, how dare we have reasonable expectations such as a band that is actually trying or putting out music?!

But we can bicker about this endlessly on the internet and it won't matter anyway. Fact remains that I've drawn my conclusion and stopped going to GnR shows or buying GnR products. It's sad, but it's just not worth it to me. And I feel more people are coming to this conclusion. Just makes me sad to think what could have been.

Only when we factor in your disappointment does low productivity and playing it safe make a band a joke.

Yes, how dare we have reasonable expectations such as a band that is actually trying or putting out music?!

But we can bicker about this endlessly on the internet and it won't matter anyway. Fact remains that I've drawn my conclusion and stopped going to GnR shows or buying GnR products. It's sad, but it's just not worth it to me. And I feel more people are coming to this conclusion. Just makes me sad to think what could have been.

Regardless of whether the expectations were reasonable or not, failure to meet them doesn't turn the band into a joke. Perhaps it turns Axl into a joke for creating such expectations in you, or you for being fooled by Axl's sweet-talk. I would say neither.

When will you stop going to GN'R fan forums?

Regardless of whether the expectations were reasonable or not, failure to meet them doesn't turn the band into a joke. Perhaps it turns Axl into a joke for creating such expectations in you, or you for being fooled by Axl's sweet-talk. I would say neither.

Actually, considering how low and utterly reasonable said expectations are, it does.

And I'm going to stick around just to preach the good word that we should free ourselves from Mr. Rose's shackles. And because it's fun. And because I'm bored sometimes.

Edited by username

Actually, considering how low and utterly reasonable said expectations are, it does.

And I'm going to stick around just to preach the good word that we should free ourselves from Mr. Rose's shackles. And because it's fun. And because I'm bored sometimes.

Ok and good :)

MyGNRForum is a bubble and we see every passing day as an oppprtunity to release a new record.

Unfortunately, that's just not the way the music industry works. Especially if you're an aging rock band that's tied to a contemporary label like Interscope.

How many aging rock bands are admired by everyone? Most young people tend to laugh at that style of music.

Does that dispute the notion that GNR has a modest, but significant following? Clearly not.

Outside of GNR forums, ACDC are very well respected.

Go look at your music chart, and tell me how many slots AC/DC hold.

Hate to break it to you, but riff-rock is now an acquired taste.

Well you show me which little punks don't like ACDC and where they live and I'll go round to their place Jay and Silent Bob style and clout them around the ears, pull their pants up and make them appreciate Accadacca.

Where I live, people that follow AC/DC tend to have unkept hair, and wear ill-fitting black clothes. They also look like that they are permanently on the verge of homicide.

I like AC/DC, but to say they are relevant to contemporary music is funny at best.