March 22nd, 2014 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Black Sabbath

^ Same here...

I used to debate a lot with friends to defend Axl and current GN'R but it's becoming difficult... To say the least.

I don't understand why they do things the way they do, and why are the others staying??

All those talks about a new album feel like a carrot for the donkeys that will chose to believe.

Turns out I don't, not anymore. I'd love to be proven wrong but these days I don't think it will ever happen.

Sad sad times.

^ Same here...

I used to debate a lot with friends to defend Axl and current GN'R but it's becoming difficult... To say the least.

I don't understand why they do things the way they do, and why are the others staying??

All those talks about a new album feel like a carrot for the donkeys that will chose to believe.

Turns out I don't, not anymore. I'd love to be proven wrong but these days I don't think it will ever happen.

Sad sad times.

Laughing at Axl at Bridge School when he was clearly ill at a benefit concert is mean and uncalled for.

Pointing out the Emperor has no clothes and that he clearly hasn't prepared for or given a damn about a show in years is speaking truth to power.

"Truth is, they didn't want to be here for you at this level. And they don't want to take it farther. I mean, that's their business, right. But not at my expense or yours. You've been played. You've been lied too, you've been used, you've been manipulated...so that, you know they can ride around in limos and jam with Snoop Dogg or whoever the fuck, I don't care..."

Yup, I was there at The Docklands in 2002 when he said that. Twelve years ago, man. And to think that in December 2008 he was talking about releasing another record a year later.

I just watched the videos thinking they wouldn't be that bad. It's just horrible sounding falsetto. And I have no idea what Ali is on about. In KOHD he ain't hitting that with his head voice.

Ali is on Axl's payroll probably

No one can defend this shit unless they got some money from TB or Axl

(like MSL and a few others)

^ Replace Myles with Baz and you got a killer version of Guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lamuYdAiXvg

No Slash there, though, and I think Myles is great on SCOM. Todd Kerns was pretty good on WTTJ when I saw Slash in 2012.

Yeah, I know there's no Slash there, but I meant that if you combine that video and the one you posted you can see/hear that line-up with Slash, Duff, Sorum, Gilby and Baz would be killer. Myles sounds good and he sings perfectly, but I just think that he lacks that special spark that rock singers need. He's great technical-wise, but I don't know... He doesn't have that certain edge. Nowadays Baz has the perfect balance of technicality and swagger, for the lack of a better word. He's not as good as Myles and he's not as bad as Axl, but he has that wild rock'n'roll thing going on that Axl has, but Myles don't.

I watched that November Rain clip, and for the first minute I was thinking people were exaggerating a bit. I mean, it's bad, but it sounds the same as everything else in the past few years. And then he tries to pick it up with some screams, and holy hell, that's about as bad as it gets.

No Slash there, though, and I think Myles is great on SCOM. Todd Kerns was pretty good on WTTJ when I saw Slash in 2012.

Yeah, I know there's no Slash there, but I meant that if you combine that video and the one you posted you can see/hear that line-up with Slash, Duff, Sorum, Gilby and Baz would be killer. Myles sounds good and he sings perfectly, but I just think that he lacks that special spark that rock singers need. He's great technical-wise, but I don't know... He doesn't have that certain edge. Nowadays Baz has the perfect balance of technicality and swagger, for the lack of a better word. He's not as good as Myles and he's not as bad as Axl, but he has that wild rock'n'roll thing going on that Axl has, but Myles don't.

Yeah, Baz does have more energy (though I wouldn't say more than Axl did at this age), but he also has his off nights like Rock in Rio 2013.

Jeez stop bashing him it's not that bad, he was great in concert when I saw him. I'm just glad he's still performing compared to the boring rock bands we have today. Very few or I can't think of any have the stage presence Axl has. He is the last of the truly great frontman. Yeh he coould dress better but he's slim, 52 and trying to sing in a hard rock style from when he was younger. Some rock singers' voices last when they're older some don't depends on genetics, lifestyle, taking care of your voice over the years..He still has his natural baritone voice. It's just his "harsh" voice or whatever you call it well that kind of singing is not going to last into your 50s as it's too damaging on the voice. Axl had vocal probelems even in the 90s. What did you expect? Unfortunately this all could be fixed as instead of doing loud falsetto screams on LALD and KOHD for example, if he just lowered the key and sang in his natural voice which is still strong on the verses of Patience and Don't Cry.

:rofl-lol: Now I understand why Axl's wearing shades all the time.

Omg that was hilarious

Yeah, Baz does have more energy (though I wouldn't say more than Axl did at this age), but he also has his off nights like Rock in Rio 2013.

In all fairness, yeah, you're right he does have off nights too. That Rio 13 was pretty bad.

Edited by jekylhyde

I just want to be excited about GNR again, this past year its just constant let down with cancelled DVDs, average voice and zero change to the setlist. Metallica, Aerosmith..etc are still doing it. Only band thats less active is AC/DC but even then the band is well into their 60's.

I just don't get why he doesn't want to release an album.

I'm a singer in a covers band and I can do different things with my voice, Axl will definately know he is singing differently and he will be doing it on purpose for whatever reason. I sing certain songs in a different way depending what mod I'm in, if there's a particularly high note if I'm in the zone and confident il hit it full chest voice, if I'm not feeling as confident or not so much in the zone il hit it falsetto which is pretty easy.

Axl is either doing it to save his voice as it's much less demanding on the vocal chords singing more falsetto, it's easier so maybe it takes less out of him and as he's older he sort of can't be as bothered, or for reasons unknown he simply can't sing with rasp so much, maybe it hurts him now.

It's unfortunate he can't sing full on rock like he used to but he never had great technique to start with so he was bound to lose the strength. It's a pity he didn't mature gracefully and sing more laid back style in his baritone voice. Then again I'd still like to see him doing Jungle etc.. but I wish he'd so more acoustic which would suit his older voice.

Jeez stop bashing him it's not that bad, he was great in concert when I saw him. I'm just glad he's still performing compared to the boring rock bands we have today. Very few or I can't think of any have the stage presence Axl has. He is the last of the truly great frontman. Yeh he coould dress better but he's slim, 52 and trying to sing in a hard rock style from when he was younger. Some rock singers' voices last when they're older some don't depends on genetics, lifestyle, taking care of your voice over the years..He still has his natural baritone voice. It's just his "harsh" voice or whatever you call it well that kind of singing is not going to last into your 50s as it's too damaging on the voice. Axl had vocal probelems even in the 90s. What did you expect? Unfortunately this all could be fixed as instead of doing loud falsetto screams on LALD and KOHD for example, if he just lowered the key and sang in his natural voice which is still strong on the verses of Patience and Don't Cry.

:rofl-lol: Now I understand why Axl's wearing shades all the time.

Omg that was hilarious
Ha ha just brilliant.

i think we should remember the good times and leave Axl alone.

do nothing cuz u can't reach through to him.

rio:no new songs,DJ solos etc.waste of our cash……….Axl gets richer by

not changing anything,cd as opener,wttj etc.

it will never change i think unless divine intervention.

i tried my best but to no avail.

i got death emails instead...

now i can't leave my house.

do u really wanna see Axl in vegas?

forget about him,move on.

there is one anonymous user right now……take a guess.

like iron maiden or metallica or even motley…….

reflektor is an album beta should hear.she never will.

it's only sad and we all lose by continuing to follow "GNR".

Slash's new album has Lemmy on bass...

wouldn't u prefer that?

Edited by stumbleine