March 22nd, 2014 - Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Black Sabbath

You know when Axls "into it" he stays at the piano and messes around at the end trying to catch the other guys out with the piano stabs (I always enjoy it), in the above video he finishes and gets the f**k out of dodge. It used to be obvious that he went backstage for his air, but now it looks more like he goes back for air and because he doesn't enjoy being on stage... Axl, if you don't like being on stage... become a recording artist and just release material every so often. We all know that's not going to happen, the spending habits are just too lavish for tour money to just stop, I guess he could still do one offs.

I rarely say it, but maybe it is time for him to go away for a few years. I realize that when he would get back he would be late 50s but at least there's a remote possibility that he might be into it.

Nobody here wants Axl to retire, equally nobody here wants to hear their favourite singer struggle through a set of his own songs... he is not old enough to get away with not delivering. I wish someone who is in Axls ear could persuade him to take things up a notch, even if that notch is just getting his vocals together it would be huge for fans like us... I could even start to enjoy the same setlist as long as he's pushing himself.

Axl it's time to give a little, if what others say is true and that you care too much, now is the time to show it, as a self professed GnR supporter/defender/nerd I'm saying I'm tired and willing to not bother with you, if I'm saying that there's a lot more like me out there...

I think the problem is that we care too much and he doesn't care at all.

I said something on the first page about him still hitting the notes, it's just that he "sings" them rather than "screams" them. Then I saw the November Rain clip and I take back what I said.

Did his ear piece fall out?

That was my first thought too. Although, if he could hear himself, it would explain why he was so quick to get off the stage. And it looks like he flips someone off at the side of the stage about 1:40.

For the average concert goer who doesn't follow the set list night-to-night it's a pretty solid set list. It's has all the hits a non-obsessive GNR fan would want to hear.

His voice is completely inexcusable though.

Yeah, to be honest that's much worse for me. I wouldn't be so mad if there was some energy to the performances, but I guess it gets tiring singing the same songs in the same order for years on end.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1

I looked at the NR clip, jesus you just cant defend the man anymore. Time to throw your last mike out Axl and call it a day.

There is nothing to defend him from and there never has been. If you don't like what he's doing, don't follow what he's doing. It's not going to effect anybody but you because he more than obviously doesn't give a shit. I don't see why you guys don't understand how this works.

i don't see why are you ignoring the FUCKING FACT that people whom post here MOSTLY fans of this band or Axl etc.

Fans doesn't follow what their favs do?

Yeah, that's logic

Evereybody has the right to entitle their opinion

Who the fuck are you to say "if you don't like the current nostalgia act, then leave"

Edited by Crash Diet
  • Like 1

Taking into account considerably lowered expectation, I was willing to say TIL was OK, but then I heard DJ give Robin's solo a try, and oh dear god no. But Axl was OK there? He wasn't terrible? One of the few songs he always brings a bit more give a fuck to live.

LALD and This I Love.

Sorry if already posted.

Not bad.

What's that sleeve thing DJ's wearing? Is that something the kids are wearing these days while listening to hippity-hoppity music that I don't understand?

First time in a while I heard Axl not able to hit the outro of November rain with power. He's lost alot of power in his voice this year.

Okay... time for me to definitely leave GN'R at peace, I mean how can you buy tickets and wait for hours to hear this crap? Axl isn't even trying..

You know when Axls "into it" he stays at the piano and messes around at the end trying to catch the other guys out with the piano stabs (I always enjoy it), in the above video he finishes and gets the f**k out of dodge. It used to be obvious that he went backstage for his air, but now it looks more like he goes back for air and because he doesn't enjoy being on stage... Axl, if you don't like being on stage... become a recording artist and just release material every so often. We all know that's not going to happen, the spending habits are just too lavish for tour money to just stop, I guess he could still do one offs.

I rarely say it, but maybe it is time for him to go away for a few years. I realize that when he would get back he would be late 50s but at least there's a remote possibility that he might be into it.

Nobody here wants Axl to retire, equally nobody here wants to hear their favourite singer struggle through a set of his own songs... he is not old enough to get away with not delivering. I wish someone who is in Axls ear could persuade him to take things up a notch, even if that notch is just getting his vocals together it would be huge for fans like us... I could even start to enjoy the same setlist as long as he's pushing himself.

Axl it's time to give a little, if what others say is true and that you care too much, now is the time to show it, as a self professed GnR supporter/defender/nerd I'm saying I'm tired and willing to not bother with you, if I'm saying that there's a lot more like me out there...

I think the problem is that we care too much and he doesn't care at all.

Speak for yourself pls

I really wants Axl to reitre

Even the silence is better than this shit

Destroy his own legacy every fucking minutes when he "performs"

I looked at the NR clip, jesus you just cant defend the man anymore. Time to throw your last mike out Axl and call it a day.

There is nothing to defend him from and there never has been. If you don't like what he's doing, don't follow what he's doing. It's not going to effect anybody but you because he more than obviously doesn't give a shit. I don't see why you guys don't understand how this works.

i don't see why are you ignoring the FUCKING FACT that people whom post here MOSTLY fans of this band or Axl etc.

Fans doesn't follow what their favs do?

Yeah, that's logic

Evereybody has the right to entitle their opinion

Who the fuck are you to say "if you don't like the current nostalgia act, then leave"

Common sense, which you have always and will always severely lack, tells most people with a brain that if something bothers you and you have no power to change it, walk away from it. Seriously, at this point you're like a bunch of abused women who cry about the same thing daily but keep crawling back for another black eye. Nobody has any issue with your opinion, because it doesn't mean jack shit. By all means, keep eating the shit and loving it. I'll be right here to laugh at you.

Just imagine how pathetic the scene is backstage when you have the Jarmo's and Team Brazil's of the world telling Axl how on fire he was after watching that performance.

The Beggars and Hangers On in his world are skidmarks in the toilet bowl of life at this point for enabling him like they do.

His career went in the toilet the second TB entered his life, and they keep him paranoid and brain washed to keep the checks rolling in. No one who genuinely cared about him could allow him to keep going out there and embarrassing himself without saying something at some point. Yet they keep shoving him out on stage to make a fool of himself.

• Like 1

Just imagine how pathetic the scene is backstage when you have the Jarmo's and Team Brazil's of the world telling Axl how on fire he was after watching that performance.

The Beggars and Hangers On in his world are skidmarks in the toilet bowl of life at this point for enabling him like they do.

His career went in the toilet the second TB entered his life, and they keep him paranoid and brain washed to keep the checks rolling in. No one who genuinely cared about him could allow him to keep going out there and embarrassing himself without saying something at some point. Yet they keep shoving him out on stage to make a fool of himself.

A few years ago I would have said that was harsh and that we don't know that they haven't saved him from self-destruction/suicide or whatever but I can't help agreeing at this point. There's no other situation remotely like it in music that I know of. It's bizarre.

I said something on the first page about him still hitting the notes, it's just that he "sings" them rather than "screams" them. Then I saw the November Rain clip and I take back what I said.

That was my first thought too. Although, if he could hear himself, it would explain why he was so quick to get off the stage. And it looks like he flips someone off at the side of the stage about 1:40.

Just watched it again and he definitely seemed irritated or pissed about something. And I think he tosses the mic backwards at 1:40.

When I read the comments I figured it'd be bad, but it was worse than I expected. Sigh.

Just watched it again and he definitely seemed irritated or pissed about something. And I think he tosses the mic backwards at 1:40.

When I read the comments I figured it'd be bad, but it was worse than I expected. Sigh.

At least you'll get a flying piano in Vegas.

I'm gonna go to the Buenos Aires gig Axl-style: a couple of hours late and with a nice steak in my belly :)