Osaka 2009 - Can we just talk about how amazing this show was?

I firmly believe that if those shows were yesterday - people here would say they are shit.

I forget how the reception was here back in '09 when the show went down. That might show us how much standards have changed or stayed the same.

I remember the first time I heard some of the vids from the show I thought they were shit...now I'd kill to hear that voice again. Hard to believe that was over four years ago.

THIS. back in the day that show was shit compared to 2006/7 now it's one of best shows of the new era. I would kill to hear that voice, see that clothes and thoso movements these days.

I firmly believe that if those shows were yesterday - people here would say they are shit.

I forget how the reception was here back in '09 when the show went down. That might show us how much standards have changed or stayed the same.

I remember the first time I heard some of the vids from the show I thought they were shit...now I'd kill to hear that voice again. Hard to believe that was over four years ago.

As far as I remember, everybody was excited to say the least. People only complained about Axl's shape, moustache and shit like that. But everybody knew Axl's back.

i've never been a fan of this show, in fact i believe the whole 2009-2010 period is so overrated now that axl sounds like shit. I mean, he had a lot of power and shit back then, but i can't help but cringe every time i listen to the performances of songs from this show like prostitute, catcher or scraped

Edited by mauritox
  • Like 1

i've never been a fan of this show, in fact i believe the whole 2009-2010 period is so overrated now that axl sounds like shit. I mean, he had a lot of power and shit back then, but i can't help but cringe every time i listen to the performances of songs from this show like prostitute, catcher or scraped

'Prostitute' is very hard to sing live. its why its only been done twice, and yes, both version ain't great.

But the rest of those 4 shows from 2009 are great.

At 2:30, Axl's had enough fuckin' around! :lol:

What do we learn from Axl Rose? If you can't hear yourself, throw shit at your sound guy!

Why does Axl's wireless system always break down? Bad luck?

Look at how he treats it! :lol:

Thank God he doesn't play guitar. He would've murdered someone by now.

It was an incredible show, watched the whole thing a couple months back.

I actually watched the Peru 2010 show a few nights ago, and was just blown away by Axl'd energy. If he had that kind of fire and passion nowadays, I wouldn't care nearly as much about the setlist. Hell, I'd probably book a flight to Vegas right now if he still performed with that fire.

I remember counting down the days to this show, not knowing what Axl looked like (other than the infamous LAX video) wondering how DJ would fit in with the others and then that night the GNR community went in to like a craze meltdown (In a good way). Then watching all these videos a day or so after.. fucking good times!!.... I miss it :(

• 1 year later...

he shouldl go back to that awesome hair, maybe with a some more bangs :)

He should also just ditch all the costumes and dress like he is in that video - jeans, t-shirt. I've never understood why Axl has ALWAYS felt the need to wear costumes on stage. Him wearing normal clothes doesn't at all diminish his performance, actually for me seeing him just wear normal clothes, it makes it better, makes him seem more down to Earth and secure.

he shouldl go back to that awesome hair, maybe with a some more bangs :)

He should also just ditch all the costumes and dress like he is in that video - jeans, t-shirt. I've never understood why Axl has ALWAYS felt the need to wear costumes on stage. Him wearing normal clothes doesn't at all diminish his performance, actually for me seeing him just wear normal clothes, it makes it better, makes him seem more down to Earth and secure.

Black shirts look amazing on him :heart: but he's always worn costumes on stage. It's his style, I guess... He's an artist after all and if he doesn't wear costumes then who can?? hehe

I loved many of his costumes from the past but I don't like the huge amount of jewelry he wears nowadays, specially it looking so expensive, pushes him from his fans, makes him more unreachable than he already is.

Hopefully when he returns he comes back with a great new look that doesn't involve so many things at a time!