Osaka 2009 - Can we just talk about how amazing this show was?

I firmly believe that if those shows were yesterday - people here would say they are shit.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

Last summer, I spent some time looking for a really good show and this was my favorite. It is great.

I haven't seen a lot of the Brazilian two shows so far, but ad far as I could tell, I didn't think Axl sounded that bad :shrugs:

You shoulda bumped your Dublin thread from way back when, BS. But this show is right up there.

That's the one where he stood stationary the whole night, right? :lol:

Yeah, that show is great for various reasons, but all around, this is the type of show I want to show off to people as to why their band sucks and mine doesn't.

You shoulda bumped your Dublin thread from way back when, BS. But this show is right up there.

Yeah, that show is great for various reasons, but all around, this is the type of show I want to show off to people as to why their band sucks and mine doesn't.

Very true. I was sorta thinkin out loud there and didn't phrase it right. Apples and Oranges. You can't show Dublin 2010 to a casual or non-GnR person, it's special for only diehards mostly.

Osaka is most definitely the gig to show to people and say "See? Kick ass."

Edited by saber_

I firmly believe that if those shows were yesterday - people here would say they are shit.

Oh shut up. Both of the shows this tour so far have been complete trash, completely undeserving of even a single inkling of praise.

Even if his voice wasn't great at the Osaka show, the set list was disgusting and Axl genuinely cared and put effort into his performance. He still had the fire.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

One of my favorite moments of that gig was during CD:

At 2:30, Axl's had enough fuckin' around! :lol:

What do we learn from Axl Rose? If you can't hear yourself, throw shit at your sound guy!

edit: The Osaka gig is easily among my top 5 GnR (video) boots. Everything about that time period (Dec 2009-Feb/March 2010) was awesome. That was the best time to be a Nu fan, I think.

edit 2:

:devilshades:

Edited by RickRoses
  • Like 1

What do we learn from Axl Rose? If you can't hear yourself, throw shit at your sound guy!

Why does Axl's wireless system always break down? Bad luck?

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Love this show! Not as clean as the shows now but that's what makes it great. It's raw and just had a GNR look with everyone looking into it. Axl didn't have the same moves he just was feeling it. A great comeback show, and the best part was the amount of CD songs played.

If you are proud of your band and proud of the music you made then you should display that music with minimal classic hits. It would have been a big statement, and while shows might not have been as big it would have made them a more legitimate band.

Some would, but most people here were blown away by these shows when they watched the videos all those years ago. I would be over the moon if he put half as much effort in today. Most people here only complain when there's good reason, equally they say when something is good... no one here begrudges a compliment apart from the obvious people who just despise NuGnR but I'm taking about rational people only.

I love watching this show, the sound quality & video wasn't the best but boy does Axl look fantastic, sound fantastic & puts everything into his performance. No hats,coats or sunnies - and his talk to audience inbetween songs. I think that's where my photo comes from, one of the Japanese gigs.

Why does Axl's wireless system always break down? Bad luck?

He often seems to reach into his back right pocket area to adjust something - I'd love to hear what he hears in that ear piece. It seems awfully confusing to me if you're listening to an earpiece and with the other ear you've got the live guitars/drums going.

I forget how the reception was here back in '09 when the show went down. That might show us how much standards have changed or stayed the same.

I remember the first time I heard some of the vids from the show I thought they were shit...now I'd kill to hear that voice again. Hard to believe that was over four years ago.