April 3rd - Porto Alegre, Brazil

Black Sabbath

can someone tell me when the fuck Shackler's was played so I can correct the OP?

Last night? It wasn't as far as I can tell.

I've got NGOG Reporting that it was and Coma16 yelling at me that it's not in the OP.

I'm probably just getting NGOG'd. Next thing he'll be saying is that they played 2-3 new songs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never trust a paperboy :lol:

can someone tell me when the fuck Shackler's was played so I can correct the OP?

Yes, SR was played :headbang::lol:

Was SR played last night?

Yes - Axl and the band handed water out during the song, because the venue was so packed.

Exactly, it was packed as hell.

Edited by Shooting Star

According to Jarmo, Shackler's was played right before Knockin' On Heaven's.

Updatde: Oh, and Catcher In The Rye was played right before Shackler's Revenge. :huh:

According to Jarmo, Shackler's was played right before Knockin' On Heaven's.

Updatde: Oh, and Catcher In The Rye was played right before Shackler's Revenge. :huh:

Wha?

I'm very critical of Axl, but the bashing is really excessive.

YCBM was just like every other YCBM in the past 3 years. There hasn't been one single rendition where he sings it without a clean voice since 2011 (aside from the one with Duff in Seatlle, iirc, where he starts full rasp but drops it during the song).

I thought it was quite a good performance in Welcome the the Jungle. It does make me frustrated that he lets out those absurd "You're gonna dieeeeee" with a fantastic voice, and does not use that during the whole song (it shows he is capable of doing it, consistently, but something keeps him from), but it's unfair to say he sounds like shit.

Also, the show was ridden with technical difficulties. Axl complained of being unable to listen to himself on many occasions.

I'm very critical of Axl, but the bashing is really excessive.

YCBM was just like every other YCBM in the past 3 years. There hasn't been one single rendition where he sings it without a clean voice since 2011 (aside from the one with Duff in Seatlle, iirc, where he starts full rasp but drops it during the song).

I thought it was quite a good performance in Welcome the the Jungle. It does make me frustrated that he lets out those absurd "You're gonna dieeeeee" with a fantastic voice, and does not use that during the whole song (it shows he is capable of doing it, consistently, but something keeps him from), but it's unfair to say he sounds like shit.

Also, the show was ridden with technical difficulties. Axl complained of being unable to listen to himself on many occasions.

A friend of mine just heard a rumour on a radio station here in Porto Alegre that Guns might be playing tomorrow at the re-opening of Beira-Rio's Soccer Stadium. Probably not gonna happen and must be more of a "wishful thinking" than anything else...

Well ! I can bring you exactly what happened yesterday in Porto Alegre show: it was massive, intense. I'm a big fan since 1989. This is my third GN'R show: 1992(or 93) in São Paulo (in the rain, they cut the show - only 1h30, the sound was just good, but it was killer after all), in 2010 here in Porto Alegre and the yesterday one. I can tell you. The band is much tighter than in 2010 and in RIR 2011, and Axl was amazing. I can tell you: we can't judge this band by youtube videos. They put out a real rock show, like no other nowadays. I don't want to argue. I know a lot of you have been frustrated because of the lack of knew songs, the lack of Slash, blah, blah. But I can tell you: I couldn't miss Slash. And a big fan of him (I am a guitarist myself) . The 3 "new" guys steals the show (DJ Ashba technically is less than Slash, but plays with the heart also, Richard is a mix of high level technique with a blues- very similar with Slash, but cleaner and more technical, and Bumble is the best). They played all the hits and Chinese, Shaklers, This I Love, Better, Catcher of the Chinese Democracy album, plus I Used to Love Her ( a surprise to everybody) and Nice Boys. The voice was aggressive, it could even hurt the ears in the acutes notes. In the end, people was very happy and satisfied.

This is how I feel also. The experience of seeing them live (on a normal to good night) is unreal.

Is there a way to make these concert experience posts stand out in these concerts threads?

They are the most interesting kind of posts and they give the rest of us a glimpse of how it was like.

I just don't think I'll every be pleased with a live version of Used to love her after listening to the Live era version so much, that was the perfect blend of rasp and high, some of the high notes are perfect, when he sings it all clean high it really loses it's mojo... I know some of you like this current version but do you honestly prefer that to Live era? I doubt it... and I know live era was 25+yrs ago (not including fixes) but he could still give a somewhat similar performance If he "insert rant".

• Like 1