April 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

I will say, Axl's clean approach allows him to absolutely nail 'The Seeker'.

That said , it must be fruatrating for Axl that GNR songs sound infinitely better with rasp.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

http://youtu.be/aC8lwtS5wx4

Ise

Awesome!! Duff makes this one very cool

This is the best ISE in years...

btw wtf that Axl scream around 2:40? i've never ever heard him singing like that :axl:

I'd be tempted to say it's the best ISE ever, or at least from the new band. You're spot on about that scream at 2:40 - that was legitimately one of the most intense Axl moments I can recall.

Fack that was really cool ....man axl and duff just belong together on stage what a great performance! Even axl was on fire ! It gave me goosebumps

I feel really bad for Ashba. Guys tries really hard to be "rock n roll", Duff just goes up there dressed in regular black clothes, bass in hand and gives him a 3 hour class.

Ashbaswags's 2014 summer collection will now all be black skinny jeans and tight black cutoff t shirts.

I don't know. I guess that's a decent performance of ISE. He pushes his voice more than he has in other shows on this tour, which is nice. I'm just not as excited as some of you guys to see Axl and Duff on stage together. It doesn't feel that special to me. I don't know why. I think I might be completely over the nostalgia shit, even if we're talking reunion. I don't know if anything Axl's going to do is going to excite me again.

At times I've wondered about this too. Like if GN'R did a full on AFD reunion. "Hooray! They're back together again! But Axl sounds like shit."

The time for a reunion (actually sounding decent) was about a decade ago, or even 4 years ago. I think that ship has sailed.

Hypothetical time: If we had a confirmed release date of a new album, I have a feeling even you would be even a little excited whether it be driven by curiosity or whatever.

Definitely. I was talking about things I could see Axl doing. Unfortunately, I just don't see new music happening. But if there was new music, I'd get excited.

What I've realized is that Axl's stage presence was always more important to me than the voice for the shows. So even though he sounds OK in the ISE video, he's all fat and slow and sloppy looking, and there's like no charisma to him at all anymore, at least from my vantage point, so the whole thing falls flat to me.

I understand what you are saying. To me, Axl has lost some stage presence over the last few years, especially since wearing 'the disguise' and with the less intense, less energetic performances. And, next to Duff in that group pic he looks old and dumpy.

Edited by AppetiteForGnR

Watched Patience and ISE. Both pretty good - certainly Axl sounded better than he did a week ago. Gyes, Ashba was acting like a cock and I usually don't mind him. Great seeing Duff back, hope we get to hear So Fine. Fuck reunion talk, just enjoy this while it lasts.

Just watch this video of Patience:

Is Ashba really walking the stage making the crowd cheer him while Fortus and Bumblefoot are playing?

What an awful, atrocious, bad solo. Jesus Christ.

Why is Ashba given solos in this band? He should be a rhythm guitarist at best. Way to butcher cool songs. Fuckin' amateur.

I agree with someone above who said the performance of it's so easy was not all that great considering Axl looks really out of shape.

He needs to get in shape. His hair should be tied back, that hat looks weird, he clearly has a big belly happening. If he were to be in shape he'd be 5 ft 9 weighing 190, so he should have on a freakin size medium shirt. Not xxl.

That performance last night was great, but how badass would it have been if Axl was in shape and could run around more. He looks a bit sloppy at the moment.

I know some don't think this show is great, but here's an in shape pro shot of Axl.

That guy with Duff last night would have been incredible.

Again I liked the performance last night, but an in shape Axl needs to happen. It would add so much to the shows. Not to mention it might help his singing voice.

Is Ashba really walking the stage making the crowd cheer him while Fortus and Bumblefoot are playing?

Why is Ashba given solos in this band? He should be a rhythm guitarist at best. Way to butcher cool songs. Fuckin' amateur.

From 6:16 to 6:26 Axl and Ron were making fun of DJ because he couldn't play three chords in any discernible rhythm. And that solo, good god. His tone is horrible. It looks like he really practiced that one pattern though, so good on him.

"You assume that people who give it bad reviews don't take into account that:

1) Duff is back

2) Axl is in a good mood

3) Axl has high energy

4) They are playing "new songs""

1.Great!

2.Great!

3. Can't see it sorry, he is not running around that much and struggles with the harder songs

4. They are playing old songs. I haven't heard any new songs?

Haven't watched any video of this yet, but I'm wondering... How did the CD songs go with Duff? I mean I'm sure that it was fine as far as him knowing them, but is there any good video? Energy wise was just wondering if it seemed like he was into them as much as the other stuff?

Edited by bodine

From 6:16 to 6:26 Axl and Ron were making fun of DJ because he couldn't play three chords in any discernible rhythm. And that solo, good god. His tone is horrible. It looks like he really practiced that one pattern though, so good on him.

and who are Axl's snarky comments directed towards, at the end of Patience? DJ or himself? Can't quite make it out... DJ was acting like a tool... :jerkoff:

and who are Axl's snarky comments directed towards, at the end of Patience? DJ or himself? Can't quite make it out... DJ was acting like a tool... :jerkoff:

Leave the solos to Ron.