April 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

Just came back from the show. Overall a good performance, but if it wasn't for Duff and his songs, it would have been a pretty boring show (considering this is the third time I pay for the same show and Axl is on full Mickey mode). He still sounds good when you're there but it's not the same.

damn it..

Just came back from the show. Overall a good performance, but if it wasn't for Duff and his songs, it would have been a pretty boring show (considering this is the third time I pay for the same show and Axl is on full Mickey mode). He still sounds good when you're there but it's not the same.

Damn sounds like the Mickey voice is here to stay, Duff was my hope that Axl would kick it in high gear

• Like 1

baJcC6E.jpg

LOL this is my picture..

i just got home, it was a pretty long and good show all things considered......axl's voice starts good but its getting thiner as the songs goes by...by the time of paradise city he's all worned out...i believe the middle voice is his problem, when he goes really high, he hits perfectly, but songs like SCOM or YCBM he is on mickey mode..

duff's presence is huge and i gotta agree with a previous post, if it wasn't for him it would have been a pretty average gig...

sorry for my lame english.

This picture is almost like Duff thinking, come on Axl, you can do better.

QmKhabV.jpg

The word collectively on twitter was the sound was good and the show was amazing!

I can't find a bad thing to be said. :drool:

duff and axl are hugging :cry::cry:

From that picture, It just goes to show that ageing is relative. Duff looks now younger than he did in 1992, whereas, Axl looks older than he should in 2014. It is literally like looking at a picture of a fresh new punk rocker, hugging, a washed up David Crosby revival act.

• Like 1

I'd put it in my Top 5 GNR shows, just because of the crowd and Duff. Axl sounded better than some of the 2012 shows that I went to, and it was much better than the Abu Dhabi 2013 show. The lack of rasp though meant a few songs just fell flat for me (TIL, Civil War, Nightrain).

Honestly thought I was gonna die on numerous occasions. Prayed for sweet release in the form of ChiDem songs and solo spots which would give me a chance to breathe.

If you only see one GNR show, make it a South American one, but it may be the last thing you ever do.

Seeing Duff was great, esp on ISE and YCBM, few new songs for me (My Michelle, Attitude, Raw Power). Almost no rasp from Axl, but he did display a lot of power on TIL and Civil War, 1000 times better than his lethargic performance at Rio, he was running round the stage loads.

Had to head to the back during NR for fear of dying. Ended up sitting down for half of KOHD and UTLH. Nightrain suddenly revitalized me, which was needed because it was more than an hour long walk home.

Wish I had the money for one of the Live Like A Suicide tees they printed for the Duff dates, was pretty cheap (200 pesos, £15/$20). Water was more essential, though. Really feeling my age :lol:

Should've dropped The Seeker in favour of So Fine, Seeker gets almost no crowd response. Apart from that, think it was a great set list for most of the fans there.

Next time I'll go with you so we can show those motherfuckers that MYGNR forum members must be respected.

It's South America, if you don't fight - you die. Glad you had a great time! :)

• Like 1

Honestly thought I was gonna die on numerous occasions. Prayed for sweet release in the form of ChiDem songs and solo spots which would give me a chance to breathe.

I see you are an expert in back-handed compliments.

Hah, I actually like hearing them, shame seeing Axl give Catcher his all and it getting almost no response. Loved Fortus' solo spot. Sat down for Ron's I was way too fucking beat!

here's duff

I see you are an expert in back-handed compliments.

Hah, I actually like hearing them, shame seeing Axl give Catcher his all and it getting almost no response. Loved Fortus' solo spot. Sat down for Ron's I was way too fucking beat!

how come people dont like catcher :cry:

SCOM:

Civil War (just outside the stadium, still can hear it pretty well)

uber clean vocals. Yeah, guess it's time to accept this is just how Axl sings now. Some people like it, I don't think it's bad as some do, but I'd rather have a hard rock frontman sing with drive on his voice anytime.

I'm about to go to sleep but I'm starting to think it's gonna be tough tonight. Just arrived from the show. It was amazing.

Of all three times I've seen GNR (2010, 2011 and tonight) this has been by far the best. Axl sounded amazing, there was no Mickey at all, he looked good, and he was in good humor. He reached the highs with no issues.

And Duff... what an awesome guy. Despite the weirdness of being invited into your own band to play the songs you helped create and of which you know their whole history with a bunch of guys who play them nowadays under your band's name, he looked like he was having an awesome time playing those songs again live, with Axl, and to a cheering crowd.

Looking at him, making all his signature gestures, and playing the song's bass lines like he knows how to do, with Axl running along like in the old times, was amazing.

After Used To Love Her Axl asked him "Having fun, Duff?", it was a great moment. They hugged a couple of times at the ending too.

The whole band did an excellent job.

To see how explosive the show was, just take a look at the first nine songs of the setlist. I had a blast.

The only thing I would change of the show would have been The Seeker or Abnormal for So Fine.

I love this band

• Like 3

Just back from the show..... Axl sounds very good, clean but with sufficient air for running and singing at the same time and he was in a great mood.

Not too much mickey, isn't the same the youtube videos than the live sound

Great setlist, come on, 1st time of catcher, a great version of shacklers, duff solos, michelle, nice boys and the returning of civil war (since 93) .

Nothing to complain about, excellent show

Edited by SeBaZ
  • Like 1