April 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

Seems pretty full on Mickey to me.

Mind you, I think those are good, highly technical vocals. He reaches amazing notes with a lot a power. I would risk saying that if this was how Axl Rose sounded from the beggining I'd still have become a GNR fan.

But sadly it was not how he sounded. He had a very peculiar voice, and it wasn't an accident that he was considered by many the greatest frontman in all rock'n'roll.

I can't get past his new way of singing, even though this show is getting fantastic reviews, and those who attended had a blast, I'm driven to judge Axl by the standards set by himself.

The fact that he seemed finished and bounced back amazingly in 2006, then again in 2010, makes it even harder to endure this. As much as I post here, follow the band and listen to the shows, I'l always a bit depressed when I come to the realization that this is it. If he can't sing like he used to, it is sad. If he can, but chooses not to, it's even sadder.

• Like 3

His voice is just very weak. He's done a ton of damage to it over the years. It's the reason we haven't seen 2 full years of a raspy voice since the UYI lineup fell apart. 2006 only lasted a year and 2009-2010 ended shortly in the first gig of 11. There's no telling how how much it hurts to try and sing like he use to.

I think he needs to get in touch with the best vocal coach he can find to see how much of his old voice he can retrieve by using different techniques. Idk I'm no singer, but I feel he could get help with his voice if he really wanted to. Maybe he has, I think he's too stubborn to though.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Mind you, I think those are good, highly technical vocals. He reaches amazing notes with a lot a power. I would risk saying that if this was how Axl Rose sounded from the beggining I'd still have become a GNR fan.

But sadly it was not how he sounded. He had a very peculiar voice, and it wasn't an accident that he was considered by many the greatest frontman in all rock'n'roll.

I can't get past his new way of singing, even though this show is getting fantastic reviews, and those who attended had a blast, I'm driven to judge Axl by the standards set by himself.

The fact that he seemed finished and bounced back amazingly in 2006, then again in 2010, makes it even harder to endure this. As much as I post here, follow the band and listen to the shows, I'l always a bit depressed when I come to the realization that this is it. If he can't sing like he used to, it is sad. If he can, but chooses not to, it's even sadder.

This really sums up the way I feel.

I do think he chooses to sing this way now, but more to preserve what's left than anything else. You could hear what was happening by the end of 2010; it wasn't sustainable.

A real shame indeed.

Ise

Awesome!! Duff makes this one very cool

This was pretty fucking excellent.

I do think he chooses to sing this way now, but more to preserve what's left than anything else. You could hear what was happening by the end of 2010; it wasn't sustainable.

A real shame indeed.

Ise

This is all i need to know that duff belongs in this band.. how fucking awesome was it's so easy!!??? i could only imagine what it would have been like live.. respect to tommy and all, but i can't help but feel like duffs the only glove that fits here.

• Like 1

A real shame indeed.

Ise

That's pretty spot on.

I think he destroyed his voice in the late 90's, around 2007 and then completely obliterated it in 2010. It is recoverable, he recovered on the three times, but it probably takes months, even years, and it might involve quite a bit of pain. Also, in his case, since he is not releasing shit and wants to keep performing, it can result in disasters such as Rio 2011, and 2001 to a lesser extend. Also, given his age and health, it must become harder and longer to recover each time he does it.

By keeping his vocals clean, at least he can perform not horribly consistently. The fantastic reviews he's been getting on this past shows also probably indicate to him that his is the right path. This, and I also remember the media saying after every 2010 show "Axl Rose doesn't have the voice he used to but it was a good gig", completely oblivious to the fact that we was singing fantastically. As this very gig in Argentina shows us, he can easily get the exact same reaction from both fans and media without putting that much of a strain on himself.

Edited by Pedrolg

Poor Axl painted himself into a corner 'vocally' when he was younger and now he can't deliver. But as long as people are buying those tickets up, why not keep it going!

It's not all his fault though. Age gets everyone. He's definitely not the only singer that's done that to himself.

Another one that is currently doing that to himself is Matt Shadows (avenged sevenfold). The power that guy sings with now will make their fans cringe in 10 years when they hear what he does.

• Like 1

This is a capture of the last video I took

1238716_688172744582845_2129906376_n.jpg

Look how hot and sweaty Duff is in a cut off tshirt - how does Axl survive in that Jacket?

Sounds like it was a great show. It doesn't seem like there will be many watchable videos due to the noise of the crowd.

Great to see Duff up there.

Guest Gunns

A real shame indeed.

Ise

Axl smiling at the end,

Tommy no need to come back to the touring lineup, stick with Huge in writing material

Poor Axl painted himself into a corner 'vocally' when he was younger and now he can't deliver. But as long as people are buying those tickets up, why not keep it going!

It's not all his fault though. Age gets everyone. He's definitely not the only singer that's done that to himself.

Another one that is currently doing that to himself is Matt Shadows (avenged sevenfold). The power that guy sings with now will make their fans cringe in 10 years when they hear what he does.

It doesn't help that GNR songs are a nightmare to an average singer. Even Bruce Dickinson would probably struggle to sing something like YCBM with drive on his voice every other day during a tour at this age.

But vocal coaches and proper drive technique go a long way in mitigating vocal damage. James Hetfield had a shitty spell a few years later, but it's much better nowadays. Steven Tyler changed his style to suit his aging (just listen to the original studio recording of Dream On). I'd think Axl probably works on that though, it would make no sense for a singer of his stature not to.