April 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

Better

OMG that was a really horrible Better. And he sounded like he was running out of breath in almost every line. :nervous:

He seems to be running out of breath for most all of the songs I've seen from this new tour. At this point, I wouldn't mind if he carried the oxygen tanks on stage if it meant he could finish his notes... All kidding aside, he needs to get in better shape, we all know he can sing better than this.

How come everyone's opinion is so different?

Because people who go to the shows are on an adrenaline rush and the high ruins their better judgment on Axl's voice.

The rest know better and we can't turn away from this trainwreck.

Being hooked on GN'R is like being hooked on crack. I can't stop relapsing daily even though it's about as pathetic as it can get.

It's like so many people have negativity to spread but never throw any interest in to their argument at all. There isn't anything more bad ass to be happy about withen this community right now and yes we do get bored with good news quickly but I have one solid question: Why are we even obsessed with rasp after a mere 27 years of which the famously energetic ritz show barely broadcasted at all? Yes that style was great but I'm absolutely not surprised by the outcome and neither should you, people can be such raspholes sometimes! Duff had to do a lot to get off that stage and back on it again, :D. There is more to this band than a scratchy voice.

Edited by Street Of The Blues

Bad reviews = People that see the show trought Youtube and Instagram with shitty sound and know the setlist because attends every show (via internet)
Good reviews = People that actually went to the show, good sound, duff back, Axl in good mood and energy, and have about 13 different songs (3 solos, raw power, attitude, catcher, civil war, used to, michelle, shacklers, nice boys, patience, seeker) from the last time that saw the band live.
Edited by SeBaZ

Bad reviews = People that see the show trought Youtube and Instagram with shitty sound and know the setlist because attends every show (via internet)
Good reviews = People that actually went to the show, good sound, duff back, Axl in good mood and energy, and have about 13 different songs (3 solos, raw power, attitude, catcher, civil war, used to, michelle, shacklers, nice boys, patience, seeker) from the last time that saw the band live.

So the people at the show couldn't tell he was out of breath? Perhaps not on this tour where all the fans sing along really loud, I'll grant you that.

Edited by Bumblefeet

Shacklers mad respect for Duff. I was listening the Shacklers bass part and its like a reverse bass part noise really. The Vietnam of punk bass. Guys, guys its the same set list sans Raw power and Atittude.

And My Michelle, mate. You forgot My Michelle.

So the people at the show couldn't tell he was out of breath? Perhaps not on this tour where all the fans sing along really loud, I'll grant you that.

In some passages, Axl ran and sang at the same time with enought air. In others... he was out of air, but... whats the problem? The overall performance was 9/10. Much energy, and (with his limitations) Axl tried to give all in every verse.
In the live show you aren't focused in the breathe, or technical vocal issues. You enjoy and thats all.

Ok folks the moment you are all waiting for, tilt your head sideways and feast your eyes on the first video clips here:

http://instagram.com/p/meaw0rFgNK/

http://instagram.com/p/meZWAbFgLK/

http://instagram.com/p/meYj4RlgKO/

Damn rondo_25! Now I'm a rock 'n' roll casualty!

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Attitude and raw power

Looks like Duff tries to grab Axl to stay on stage at the beginning and sing.

It's really cool to hear Duff do this though! He looks and sounds awesome. I also love Axl calling him "the new guy". :lol:

Edited by username

It's like ppl said. At the show u get caught up in the moment, the excitement and can't judge the performance properly.

When asking 'what's the best show' from a given year, a lot of ppl will say the show they went to......yeah right.

Only by studying recordings of every song from every show, nitpicking at every note and line can u give a more accurate and objective assessment of the performance.

• Like 1

here's duff

Crowd is fuckin' dead? :question:

Yeah, I can't believe they're not singing along.

Ise

Awesome!! Duff makes this one very cool

:wub: They're really having fun!

Hopefully they'll learn backing vocal parts for the next shows.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Attitude sounded as great as it always has, and Raw Power sounded fucking awesome.

I'm a huge fan of Tommy, he's really one of my favorite members of the band. But man, it just looks so right having Duff up there. I'm gutted I can't see one of these gigs :(

• Like 1

Attitude sounded as great as it always has, and Raw Power sounded fucking awesome.

I'm a huge fan of Tommy, he's really one of my favorite members of the band. But man, it just looks so right having Duff up there. I'm gutted I can't see one of these gigs :(

You reckon Duff will guest at any of the Vegas shows, à la Izzy at the last residency? What's Duff's May/June schedule like?

Attitude got a huge response (i.e .I was fighting for my life in the pit), whereas Raw Power received a much more subdued response (i.e. I could breathe). Could just have been people were saving energy for moshing to AFD/UYI songs. Was cool having crowd jumping along with Axl in Better.

You reckon Duff will guest at any of the Vegas shows, à la Izzy at the last residency? What's Duff's May/June schedule like?

Attitude got a huge response (i.e .I was fighting for my life in the pit), whereas Raw Power received a much more subdued response (i.e. I could breathe). Could just have been people were saving energy for moshing to AFD/UYI songs. Was cool having crowd jumping along with Axl in Better.

Walking Papers has a European tour starting on June 6. So if he's a guest, it won't be the gigs we're catching :(

Hm, I wonder what will make this residency special then. I mean, the current setlist was essentially formed during the course of the last one, and we've already had a flying piano :P

Hm, I wonder what will make this residency special then. I mean, the current setlist was essentially formed during the course of the last one, and we've already had a flying piano :P

With special guest Tracey and Roberta.

• Like 2

With special guest Tracey and Roberta.

Teddy Zig-Zag sits at home crying into his harmonica.

• Like 1

His voice is just very weak. He's done a ton of damage to it over the years. It's the reason we haven't seen 2 full years of a raspy voice since the UYI lineup fell apart. 2006 only lasted a year and 2009-2010 ended shortly in the first gig of 11. There's no telling how how much it hurts to try and sing like he use to.

I think he needs to get in touch with the best vocal coach he can find to see how much of his old voice he can retrieve by using different techniques. Idk I'm no singer, but I feel he could get help with his voice if he really wanted to. Maybe he has, I think he's too stubborn to though.

You can! sing with aggression and not hurt yourself... It can be learned! Many, many pro singers use the technique and they don't hurt themselves. A vocal coach can and will help Axl he just has to reach out for the assistance and it doesn't look he's about to do that. The fact is, if he thought he sounded bad he wouldn't be on the road embarrassing himself... he really thinks he sounds good. He has moments that sound pretty cool, and then other times are... horrible, that viedo of better for example horrible, but It's so easy was pretty good, not amazing but he gave it a lot of energy and seemed into it.

GnR get a bloody vocal coach, you can afford it and you desperately need it... you have pro musicians around you... how can they not hear what we're hearing... fear will do that to you I guess.

• Like 1