April 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

It's the best ISE in a long time because he has spark and is in the moment having fun with his long time friend who years ago immortalised the song with him. The quality of his voice is secondary to those things and it shows, I honestly think we only focus on his vocals so much usually because his enthusiasm often lacks.

I totally agree. Back in the day his voice wasn't always there either, but his enthusiasm and fire more than made up for that. That's the main thing that bothers me, when he has no fire at all in his performance. I think I read in this thread that he coughed during Patience, like he used to do a lot back in the day. Funny he should pick this show to do that, for the first time after all these years. (As far as I'm aware.)

Just watch this video of Patience:

Is Ashba really walking the stage making the crowd cheer him while Fortus and Bumblefoot are playing?

Yeah, he is. Guess he really is a massive cock.

EDIT: I have now seen the clip and think Patience is great again. I like the cough, because it's like an inside joke with Duff. And he even stayed on stage the whole time. :)

Edited by Lio

How come everyone's opinion is so different?

Because people who go to the shows are on an adrenaline rush and the high ruins their better judgment on Axl's voice.

The rest know better and we can't turn away from this trainwreck.

Being hooked on GN'R is like being hooked on crack. I can't stop relapsing daily even though it's about as pathetic as it can get.

They also like to party beforehand.. I have, then watched the videos I filmed and went ouch. At this point I don't even care about the rasp... Just get your breath back Axl.

Ise

Awesome!! Duff makes this one very cool

This is the best ISE in years...

btw wtf that Axl scream around 2:40? i've never ever heard him singing like that :axl:

I'd be tempted to say it's the best ISE ever, or at least from the new band. You're spot on about that scream at 2:40 - that was legitimately one of the most intense Axl moments I can recall.

Just watched the video. Was NOT expecting that scream. I kinda dug it though.

When Axl introduces Duff, he says their regular bass player is doing a REUNION show with the Replacements. Don't tell me a reunion isn't on his mind :lol:

Well Axl would have to look at the guitarist with the wierd hat and say "I see you standing there...you think you're so cool....why don't you just FUCK OFF"! Then he'd have to call Slash and we could all see a proper Guns show. Awesome to see Duff back in Guns this week.

When Axl introduces Duff, he says their regular bass player is doing a REUNION show with the Replacements. Don't tell me a reunion isn't on his mind :lol:

Well Axl would have to look at the guitarist with the wierd hat and say "I see you standing there...you think you're so cool....why don't you just FUCK OFF"! Then he'd have to call Slash and we could all see a proper Guns show. Awesome to see Duff back in Guns this week.

I must say I'd accepted the fact there will never be a reunion, but Duff's return has gotten me more than a little excited. If there ever was a real reunion, I would be over the moon, I suspect. Damn you, Axl! Couldn't you just have asked Pitman to fill in for Tommy ? :lol:

I don't know. I guess that's a decent performance of ISE. He pushes his voice more than he has in other shows on this tour, which is nice. I'm just not as excited as some of you guys to see Axl and Duff on stage together. It doesn't feel that special to me. I don't know why. I think I might be completely over the nostalgia shit, even if we're talking reunion. I don't know if anything Axl's going to do is going to excite me again.

Something feels right, that's it :)

Patience sounded great as well. The cough sounded damn right :lol: Axl and the crowd even laughed at that. Axl's still alive, people.

That being said, Ashba is indeed a massive cock. Get rid of him and bring Izzy back while you're at it, Axl.

• Like 1

It just seems sooo much better with Duff up there. As much as we talk about Slash, but just having Duff back makes a HUGE difference imo. It just feels more like Guns n' Roses. That It's so easy was awesome, so was Attitude and Raw Power.

Give me Duff or give me death!!!!

Just watch this video of Patience:

Is Ashba really walking the stage making the crowd cheer him while Fortus and Bumblefoot are playing?

Looks like he was - I really don't like the guy. I want Robin back...

What's with his heart gesture with his hands? is this a Taylor Swift concert or something?

He really is an ass - and I also wonder what's he doing with that stupid TM thing on his social pages.

I do think he chooses to sing this way now, but more to preserve what's left than anything else. You could hear what was happening by the end of 2010; it wasn't sustainable.

Preserve it, as in to be able just to sing at all?

or Preserve it, as in to be able to sing with rasp briefly at any given time in the future?

How come everyone's opinion is so different?

Bad reviews = People that see the show trought Youtube and Instagram with shitty sound and know the setlist because attends every show (via internet)
Good reviews = People that actually went to the show, good sound, duff back, Axl in good mood and energy, and have about 13 different songs (3 solos, raw power, attitude, catcher, civil war, used to, michelle, shacklers, nice boys, patience, seeker) from the last time that saw the band live.

You assume that people who give it bad reviews don't take into account that:

1) Duff is back

2) Axl is in a good mood

3) Axl has high energy

4) They are playing "new songs"

People give it bad reviews because Axl sounds like shit. It's that simple.

Those 4 things listed above are great but they have nothing to do with the fact that Axl sounds absolutely horrid.

I almost feel like buying a residency ticket and booking a flight just so someone on this forum can finally say, "I was there and he sounded like utter shit." And I'm not trying to say this in a negative light, I don't doubt that I'd enjoy the hell out of the show and that I'd be screaming and singing along the whole time. I don't doubt that for a second, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let the euphoria of a Guns show completely throw my judgment of Axl's voice by the way side. I've never let that happen with any other band I've ever seen live, I've always tried to be as objective as possible and with Ax it should be no different.

I don't know. I guess that's a decent performance of ISE. He pushes his voice more than he has in other shows on this tour, which is nice. I'm just not as excited as some of you guys to see Axl and Duff on stage together. It doesn't feel that special to me. I don't know why. I think I might be completely over the nostalgia shit, even if we're talking reunion. I don't know if anything Axl's going to do is going to excite me again.

At times I've wondered about this too. Like if GN'R did a full on AFD reunion. "Hooray! They're back together again! But Axl sounds like shit."

The time for a reunion (actually sounding decent) was about a decade ago, or even 4 years ago. I think that ship has sailed.

Hypothetical time: If we had a confirmed release date of a new album, I have a feeling even you would be even a little excited whether it be driven by curiosity or whatever.

That being said, Ashba is indeed a massive cock. Get rid of him and bring Izzy back while you're at it, Axl.

Did I miss something? What did he do?

This:

Looks like he was - I really don't like the guy. I want Robin back...

What's with his heart gesture with his hands? is this a Taylor Swift concert or something?

He really is an ass - and I also wonder what's he doing with that stupid TM thing on his social pages.

Edited by Bruno P.

At times I've wondered about this too. Like if GN'R did a full on AFD reunion. "Hooray! They're back together again! But Axl sounds like shit."

The time for a reunion (actually sounding decent) was about a decade ago, or even 4 years ago. I think that ship has sailed.

Hypothetical time: If we had a confirmed release date of a new album, I have a feeling even you would be even a little excited whether it be driven by curiosity or whatever.

Definitely. I was talking about things I could see Axl doing. Unfortunately, I just don't see new music happening. But if there was new music, I'd get excited.

What I've realized is that Axl's stage presence was always more important to me than the voice for the shows. So even though he sounds OK in the ISE video, he's all fat and slow and sloppy looking, and there's like no charisma to him at all anymore, at least from my vantage point, so the whole thing falls flat to me.