April 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

Honestly thought I was gonna die on numerous occasions. Prayed for sweet release in the form of ChiDem songs and solo spots which would give me a chance to breathe.

If you only see one GNR show, make it a South American one, but it may be the last thing you ever do.

Seeing Duff was great, esp on ISE and YCBM, few new songs for me (My Michelle, Attitude, Raw Power). Almost no rasp from Axl, but he did display a lot of power on TIL and Civil War, 1000 times better than his lethargic performance at Rio, he was running round the stage loads.

Had to head to the back during NR for fear of dying. Ended up sitting down for half of KOHD and UTLH. Nightrain suddenly revitalized me, which was needed because it was more than an hour long walk home.

Wish I had the money for one of the Live Like A Suicide tees they printed for the Duff dates, was pretty cheap (200 pesos, £15/$20). Water was more essential, though. Really feeling my age :lol:

Should've dropped The Seeker in favour of So Fine, Seeker gets almost no crowd response. Apart from that, think it was a great set list for most of the fans there.

Thanks for the review man

I'm glad that you survived the SA crowd :lol:

I actually don't mind his clean voice, and I think he uses that by choice, and I can imagine why. The 2010 rasp sounds forced, it sounds good, but it sounds forced. Could you imagine doing a 30+ song setlist forcing rasp? It's not good for his throat, and he probably had to back off.

I doubt many on this forum could do much better performing a show with over 30 songs.

Just catching up with the show updates now. It seems that Axl sounds about the same as he has which is no surprise. However, I've got to say that the set list is the best one we've had in a while. It's amazing how throwing in a couple of different songs can drastically change the look of the show. They should do this on a regular basis - just pick a few spots in the show where they can rotate in and out different songs that have been rehearsed. I also assume that this is the longest show of the tour so far, which is also good.

How awesome does it look having Duff up there? I'm just starting to go through the videos now. There's something just right about hearing Duff's bass and vocals in It's So Easy. I'll be anxious to hear the Shackler's clip, not because I ever doubted that Duff could play it but because the thought of it is pretty funny. The most unusual song on Chinese Democracy and there you go, Duff is up there with it.

Nothing against Tommy at all. I respect his dedication to the band and wish more albums would have come along with him on the bass, but I can't deny that it just feels good having Duff back up there especially at this point.

• Like 2

Attitude sounded as great as it always has, and Raw Power sounded fucking awesome.

I'm a huge fan of Tommy, he's really one of my favorite members of the band. But man, it just looks so right having Duff up there. I'm gutted I can't see one of these gigs :(

You reckon Duff will guest at any of the Vegas shows, à la Izzy at the last residency? What's Duff's May/June schedule like?

Attitude got a huge response (i.e .I was fighting for my life in the pit), whereas Raw Power received a much more subdued response (i.e. I could breathe). Could just have been people were saving energy for moshing to AFD/UYI songs. Was cool having crowd jumping along with Axl in Better.

Walking Papers has a European tour starting on June 6. So if he's a guest, it won't be the gigs we're catching :(

Yup i will see them in June 15 :)

Gilby also play a FREE gig here in Hungary in June 20

I actually don't mind his clean voice, and I think he uses that by choice, and I can imagine why. The 2010 rasp sounds forced, it sounds good, but it sounds forced. Could you imagine doing a 30+ song setlist forcing rasp? It's not good for his throat, and he probably had to back off.

I doubt many on this forum could do much better performing a show with over 30 songs.

Of course we cant,but i dont ask for money to see my disaster.

Well it's very cool to see Duff, who must have worked his ass off to learn the new songs. Mega props to him for his dedicated spirit to this show. It certainly feels right to see him back in GN'R.

But Axl really shouldn't be performing. Even if say, all the rest of the original guys were back in the band, let's dream for a second, I still wouldn't buy a ticket to attend a GN'R show given Axl's current voice (and shape, yes it's important,

sorry but it's just not motivating me to see him like this, i couldn't even watch the whole videos because of this).

I can tell it's a bit better than the previous shows, you can definitely tell Duff's presence is motivating Axl to give everything he has in stock for now. But man should he train..

He is good when he sings in a low tone, but as soon as he gets in the high ones, it's a fucking catastrophee. It's incredible they let him perform like this, he is just not in shape.

• Like 2

Saw someone near the front with a small camera on a monopod, guessing there will be a boot of the show (though I'd be surprised if the camera didn't get crushed, very brave of them!).

Axl sonunded like he always does... I really didn't enjoy better and catcher, but he did an ok job the rest of the songs vocal wise.

Besides that he was in an excelent mood, I only saw 4 gnr live performances but I have to say I never saw him this happy. Do you know how he usually leaves the stage and goes to his dressing room when he's not singing? Well this time I saw him on stage a lot, he danced, played with the band and even with the crowd.

In addition, having Duff on stage was like having a beacon. I coulnd't stop looking at him, he is a magnet... he really strengthed Axl. It's hard to find words, it was moving.

In addition, they started on time (that was the biggest surprise), it didn't rain, the setlist was great and the band had an amazing performance. One of tops shows in a while.

• Like 2

Guest cbgnr666

If his high trademark voice is deteriorating not much can be done imo.Countless examples of this in other aging bands and performers.And with Axl's unique range and sound and the way songs were recorded its going to have more of an effect than say Hetfield from Metallica for example who sounds nothing like he used to but didn't have a big range anyway.Also Tom kiefer,Mark Slaughter,Brian johnson,,Plant,Jon Bon jovi,Ozzy,Stanley and on and on sound quite different now.

If his high trademark voice is deteriorating not much can be done imo.Countless examples of this in other aging bands and performers.And with Axl's unique range and sound and the way songs were recorded its going to have more of an effect than say Hetfield from Metallica for example who sounds nothing like he used to but didn't have a big range anyway.Also Tom kiefer,Mark Slaughter,Brian johnson,,Plant,Jon Bon jovi,Ozzy,Stanley and on and on sound quite different now.

At least his physical performance was great last night. Every Bon Jovi vid I see he just stands there and has the crowd sing half the songs. Seen Metallica in '09 and '13, I thought Hetfield sounded better at the more recent show.

It's the best ISE in a long time because he has spark and is in the moment having fun with his long time friend who years ago immortalised the song with him. The quality of his voice is secondary to those things and it shows, I honestly think we only focus on his vocals so much usually because his enthusiasm often lacks.