Absolutely shocking performance by Dj Ashba in Buenos Aires

Guest NGOG

Could Ashba's latest tweet be in response to this thread ? Seven hours ago he thanks everyone for the support and now this: "IThankTheHatersForBeingMyMotivation."

Yeah, I noticed it as well. Whenever there's a shitstorm raging on mygnrforum, DJ tweets something along those lines. I just don't get why he decided to post the same pic twice.

He's a nice guy, but just not a great guitar player. While Dave Mustaine being an iconic guitarist learns to play Vivaldi, DJ learns to play what? An iconic guitar player?

He just needs to tone his shit down and be his fucking self. His ridiculous antics onstage come off so freaking desperate, exaggerated and transparent. It's like, dude, you're fucking 40....Take it easy....

I have to wonder if DJ has an inkling that 90% of the fanbase who are aware of his inclusion in the band thinks he acts like a complete tit. :shrugs:

I don't think members at mygnrforum represents the fanbase perfectly. I would think those fans that really like Dj wouldn't hang around here long.

I hear people say that a lot, but honestly, I think what's said here is a good indicator as far as fan reaction and whatnot. More passionate, sure, but when a certain reaction is as large as everyone's disenchantment with DJ, you can't exactly ignore it, try as they might.

At the end of the day Ashba is a millionaire with a great looking wife as well as successful businesses and bands outside of Guns. I highly doubt he cares about what a kid who isn't even as old as his wife has to say about him on an Internet forum. I doubt he'd care about my opinion either unless I purchase ASHBASWAG and that'll never happen.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

You're right, but also at the end of the day, DJ still acts like a complete tit. Albeit, a rich tit, but a tit nonetheless. :dj:

I only met him once and he was very nice. I can't judge him though as a person because no matter how many party passes someone gets, none of us (except /Jarmo and Marc Canter) will ever know these people in real life.

Before we go around saying he's great in real life, let's remember the times he beat up fans and slammed a door in an old woman's face who simply asked him not to smoke in his non-smoking hotel room. Oh, and we only know this because he fucking bragged about it.

Edited by TeeJay410
  • Like 1

At the end of the day Ashba is a millionaire with a great looking wife as well as successful businesses and bands outside of Guns. I highly doubt he cares about what a kid who isn't even as old as his wife has to say about him on an Internet forum. I doubt he'd care about my opinion either unless I purchase ASHBASWAG and that'll never happen.

Oh, yeah? But thanks to those kids and their parents, he's a millionaire. If he doesn't care what internet kids and/or old farts think, then why exactly did he come up with that brilliant #IThankTheHatersForBeingMyMotivation hashtag?

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure DJ is a lovely person, and I would not presume to launch a character attack on someone I do not even know outside of GNR shows and ASHBA SWAG plugs. But then, I know a lot of nice people and I don't think any of them would qualify as a good guitarist for Guns N' Roses. When I see him do his 'rock star' act onstage, it just makes me cringe in a way not even Buckethead made me feel when he did his nun-chuck act. Hell, at least that was original...

• Like 1

Can't knock a guy for being successful but it's not down to his talent as the lead guitarist in Guns N' Roses or his amazing back catalogue of classics but he passes it off as if he's of the same ilk as other incredibly accomplished and competent players and that's why he must be so popular, that's the annoying part.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure DJ is a lovely person,

Why? Why are you sure he's a lovely person?

He seems quite the opposite. He brags about having large bouncers hold down a drunken fan so he could take bitch-slap pot-shots at the fan's face. He brags about smoking in a non-smoking hotel and then slamming the door in the face of a woman who asked him to stop, a woman who was TRYING TO DO HER FUCKING JOB.

Why is he lovely?

• Like 1

I still can't conceive that the smoking story was real and he banged on about it on twitter, if that's rock n' roll to the guy then he probably thinks not playing the Patience solo in an acceptable way and getting a death stare from Axl Rose is #conqueringthecontrary

Volcano was a miserable poster to have to deal with. Good Riddance.

As far as DJ being a prick or the 2nd coming of Mother Teresa in real life, I could care less. He's the worst guitarist to ever take the stage with Guns N' Roses, in both stage presence and skill-wise. That's really all that matters.

• Like 1

I still can't conceive that the smoking story was real and he banged on about it on twitter, if that's rock n' roll to the guy then he probably thinks not playing the Patience solo in an acceptable way and getting a death stare from Axl Rose is #conqueringthecontrary

Quote:

Ashba aslo stated, "Well the manager which was an older lady, beat on my door, she was a bitch from get go, she said they had already fined me $500 without a warning might I add, and told me if I smoke again she will triple the fine and would have to ask me to leave. So as she was standing in my door bitching with her Tina Turner like hair do, I lit up a cigarette, smiled and said "I'll start packing" and slammed the door in her face.

• Like 1