Where do you stand on an original reunion at this point?

Original GNR lineup reunion?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like, they really should. Axl is just playing and showcasing the old tunes so why not play them with the gang that wrote them? No disrespect to the current lineup, I love em and they have (and probably will continue) to provide me with great memories. But Axl is not moving forward, he is just half assing concerts in the same locations with a bad voice right now. Why not do that with the old band then if you don't want to move forward?

Guest Len B'stard

Not worth it, never was, that day is gone and there's a good chance that chemistry is too, they are in different places musically and also, having spunked their best years away I'd rather not see a tired greying version of a once fantastic band cave in for a few extra notes and look silly.

I'd like to see Axl shape up, strip things down, get focused, dynamic and sharp and make an album that blows my fucking head off. Something tight, something unique, something that ain't a bunch of Use Your Illusion rehashery or a bunch of messing about with worn out old genres like 'industrial' and all this bullshit. I don't actually what it is actually as long as it's sharp as fuck. I would lose a lot of respect for Axl if he got together on a reunion thing.

I think the mans a cunt and a twat but, at the same time, i respect his sticking to that shit, i respect his principles, i respect his not just getting along with Slash for the cash...for him to flip flop on such profound hatred and distaste at this point would show him up a bit, to my mind.

I've never ever wanted a reunion and i don't now. Whatever that thing was they put it to sleep a long time ago, face it.

• Like 3

I wish Slash would work with Lucinda Williams as I think that would work and be awesome or that Axl would make a Lucinda Williams style album which I think would suit his voice...oh and a reunion would be cool but Axl can't really sing at the moment.

After listening to Axl's voice last night, I would rather a reunion not happen.

Let the original line up be remembered for the extreme chaos give it everything you got motherfuckers they were.

NuGnR can have Axl squealing a few lines of rasp then running back stage for honey tea and the rest of the night singing weird high pitch tones.

• Like 1

Not worth it, never was, that day is gone and there's a good chance that chemistry is too, they are in different places musically and also, having spunked their best years away I'd rather not see a tired greying version of a once fantastic band cave in for a few extra notes and look silly.

I'd like to see Axl shape up, strip things down, get focused, dynamic and sharp and make an album that blows my fucking head off. Something tight, something unique, something that ain't a bunch of Use Your Illusion rehashery or a bunch of messing about with worn out old genres like 'industrial' and all this bullshit. I don't actually what it is actually as long as it's sharp as fuck. I would lose a lot of respect for Axl if he got together on a reunion thing.

I think the mans a cunt and a twat but, at the same time, i respect his sticking to that shit, i respect his principles, i respect his not just getting along with Slash for the cash...for him to flip flop on such profound hatred and distaste at this point would show him up a bit, to my mind.

I've never ever wanted a reunion and i don't now. Whatever that thing was they put it to sleep a long time ago, face it.

This.

I'm a bit torn on the subject. I really want it to happen, but not while Axl sounds shit. It's one of those things where we all picture it sounding like back in the early late 80's 90's, but realistically it won't. I think the band would sound tighter than ever, since Slash, Izzy and Duff aren't fucked up on alcohol and/or drugs this time. Steven might be iffy, but Matt would basically still sound the same. The only weak link is Axl's vocals. But I think because of that it won't ever match up to the memories.

So yeah... undecided.

Guest Len B'stard

What is it that those who oppose the reunion always bring money in to the picture?

Because what else could it be for? These guys are nearing the knackers yard, what other possible reason could there be for regressing by a quarter of a century, what, 'lets bring that old fire back!' Followed by a slew of classic releases?

Or just a bunch of knackered old duffers that are a few birthdays away from being certified coffin dodgers that are tired and have run out of ideas so they decide its time to pretend its 1987 again.

You gotta be out of your fuckin head to think its anything but the latter.

What is it that those who oppose the reunion always bring money in to the picture?

Because what else could it be for? These guys are nearing the knackers yard, what other possible reason could there be for regressing by a quarter of a century, what, 'lets bring that old fire back!' Followed by a slew of classic releases?

Or just a bunch of knackered old duffers that are a few birthdays away from being certified coffin dodgers that are tired and have run out of ideas so they decide its time to pretend its 1987 again.

How about just for love for the fans? And out of respects?

Edited by gunnari

Guest Len B'stard

How about just for love for the fans?

:lol:

Have a day off mate, seriously :lol: Love for the fans, seriously, GnR? Possibly the most un-fan-friendly band in the fuckin' world and suddenly they wake up one morning, a cheque for millions dangling over their heads, their having exhausted their existing creative avenues from relevance...and all of a sudden they have this collective epiphany that prompts them to get back together...for the love of the fans :lol:

Axl 'one album every 15 yrs' Rose suddenly wakes up one morning in his 50s or however old he is having fallen in love with his fans, AWWWWWWWWWW :lol:

How about just for love for the fans?

:lol:

Have a day off mate, seriously :lol: Love for the fans, seriously, GnR? Possibly the most un-fan-friendly band in the fuckin' world and suddenly they wake up one morning, a cheque for millions dangling over their heads, their having exhausted their existing creative avenues from relevance...and all of a sudden they have this collective epiphany that prompts them to get back together...for the love of the fans :lol:

Axl 'one album every 15 yrs' Rose suddenly wakes up one morning in his 50s or however old he is having fallen in love with his fans, AWWWWWWWWWW :lol:

You can joke about it all the day you want but Axl should realize that the fans are GnR's driving force..

Whether or not you "like" their music is irrelevant. But in terms of where they are at musically, you have to admit that Slash, Duff and Matt are still performing at a pretty high level. I'm talking as professional musicians. We think Izzy probably is as well.

If you put Slash, Duff, Izzy and Sorum together - there is no doubt they could perform at a solid to high level. Especially in terms of today's rock world.

If you had that band together writing music, and threw in Axl's song writing (music and lyrics) to the mix.......there is no reason to think that the group couldn't come up with a really solid rock and roll album. Another Appetite? Of course not. Just combine what these guys have done on their own - but VR's best couple of songs with the best songs from CD along with songs like Anastasia and then Duff/Izzy's best couple of solo work songs. That's a pretty great album.

I have no doubt that these five guys could produce a really, really good album. One that would sell 5-6 million copies and produce a couple rock hits.

But the real key, in my mind, would be that Axl would have to take whatever means necessary to improve his voice for live performances. Nobody wants to see a reunion if Axl is going to sound terrible.

Personally, I don't really care about a reunion. My dream for the band is to get as many albums as possible featuring the vocals of Axl Rose.

But if there was a reunion, I think the boys could put out some pretty good music.

• Like 1

Whether or not you "like" their music is irrelevant. But in terms of where they are at musically, you have to admit that Slash, Duff and Matt are still performing at a pretty high level. I'm talking as professional musicians. We think Izzy probably is as well.

If you put Slash, Duff, Izzy and Sorum together - there is no doubt they could perform at a solid to high level. Especially in terms of today's rock world.

If you had that band together writing music, and threw in Axl's song writing (music and lyrics) to the mix.......there is no reason to think that the group couldn't come up with a really solid rock and roll album. Another Appetite? Of course not. Just combine what these guys have done on their own - but VR's best couple of songs with the best songs from CD along with songs like Anastasia and then Duff/Izzy's best couple of solo work songs. That's a pretty great album.

I have no doubt that these five guys could produce a really, really good album. One that would sell 5-6 million copies and produce a couple rock hits.

But the real key, in my mind, would be that Axl would have to take whatever means necessary to improve his voice for live performances. Nobody wants to see a reunion if Axl is going to sound terrible.

Personally, I don't really care about a reunion. My dream for the band is to get as many albums as possible featuring the vocals of Axl Rose.

But if there was a reunion, I think the boys could put out some pretty good music.

+they would have great chemistry on stage..I can just imagine the audience going crazy and hooraying with loud voice when they came to the stage :headbang: