Where do you stand on an original reunion at this point?

Original GNR lineup reunion?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard

What is it that those who oppose the reunion always bring money in to the picture?

Because what else could it be for? These guys are nearing the knackers yard, what other possible reason could there be for regressing by a quarter of a century, what, 'lets bring that old fire back!' Followed by a slew of classic releases?

Or just a bunch of knackered old duffers that are a few birthdays away from being certified coffin dodgers that are tired and have run out of ideas so they decide its time to pretend its 1987 again.

You gotta be out of your fuckin head to think its anything but the latter.

How about just for love for the fans?

Have a day off mate, seriously Love for the fans, seriously, GnR? Possibly the most un-fan-friendly band in the fuckin' world and suddenly they wake up one morning, a cheque for millions dangling over their heads, their having exhausted their existing creative avenues from relevance...and all of a sudden they have this collective epiphany that prompts them to get back together...for the love of the fans

Axl 'one album every 15 yrs' Rose suddenly wakes up one morning in his 50s or however old he is having fallen in love with his fans, AWWWWWWWWWW

You can joke about it all the day you want but Axl should realize that the fans are GnR's driving force..

Grow up :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Whether or not you "like" their music is irrelevant. But in terms of where they are at musically, you have to admit that Slash, Duff and Matt are still performing at a pretty high level. I'm talking as professional musicians. We think Izzy probably is as well.

If you put Slash, Duff, Izzy and Sorum together - there is no doubt they could perform at a solid to high level. Especially in terms of today's rock world.

If you had that band together writing music, and threw in Axl's song writing (music and lyrics) to the mix.......there is no reason to think that the group couldn't come up with a really solid rock and roll album. Another Appetite? Of course not. Just combine what these guys have done on their own - but VR's best couple of songs with the best songs from CD along with songs like Anastasia and then Duff/Izzy's best couple of solo work songs. That's a pretty great album.

I have no doubt that these five guys could produce a really, really good album. One that would sell 5-6 million copies and produce a couple rock hits.

But the real key, in my mind, would be that Axl would have to take whatever means necessary to improve his voice for live performances. Nobody wants to see a reunion if Axl is going to sound terrible.

Personally, I don't really care about a reunion. My dream for the band is to get as many albums as possible featuring the vocals of Axl Rose.

But if there was a reunion, I think the boys could put out some pretty good music.

+they would have great chemistry on stage..I can just imagine the audience going crazy and hooraying with loud voice when they came to the stage :headbang:

Chemistry is something that is nurtured, you have to grow together, you have to maintain it, it's a gift, it doesn't sit there waiting for you indefinitely, over decades.

If anybody here can live with a bunch of third rate nobodies mooching off a legacy they weren't even fans of, I don't see how a reunion, even if it were "just for the money" would be worse than what we have right now.

They all get along and still gel together fine. It's just Axl hating on Slash that's the only problem. If that got fixed, I guarantee the chemistry would still be intact.

Basically, at this point, the most ideal thing I'd still want is for Axl to retire since he clearly can't be bothered. But I'd gladly take a reunion over what we have now. Major emphasis on gladly.

It's never gonna happen though. You're fucking batshit if you're still under the impression it's even a remote possibility.

If anybody here can live with a bunch of third rate nobodies mooching off a legacy they weren't even fans of, I don't see how a reunion, even if it were "just for the money" would be worse than what we have right now.

They all get along and still gel together fine. It's just Axl hating on Slash that's the only problem. If that got fixed, I guarantee the chemistry would still be intact.

Basically, at this point, the most ideal thing I'd still want is for Axl to retire since he clearly can't be bothered. But I'd gladly take a reunion over what we have now. Major emphasis on gladly.

It's never gonna happen though. You're fucking batshit if you're still under the impression it's even a remote possibility.

Listen to Alice!

Marc said that Axl didn't know how to process his pain, and that's why he's still angry at Slash and blames Slash for taking away 14 years of his life. Maybe Duff can help him deal with what happened, and move to a better place. I had given up on a reunion, but I think there's a chance.

I don't expect them to be what they were, but they could be something new. My only concern is Axl's voice.

I don't know anyone in real life who saw the band between 1987-93 that doesn't want a reunion. Would it be the same as 25 years ago? Fuck no but it would let us old folk relive our youth and give a history lesson to the kids these days who think what they are seeing now is Gn'R.

• Like 1

Axl's looking a pretty severe hypocrite with his reasons to keep the name now, he's running out of time and it's coming to the point where a reunion would be a superior choice regarding evolving the band lol that's an awful thing to see Axl Rose dragging into the mud when he's fought so hard and long - it was a demented but clearly insanely passionate plight from 2001-2010 now it's getting hard to see, the guy has lost the plot and the fire is now a matchstick. I have the faintest hope of him dropping a new track and date for the sequel out of the blue 'I'd like to thank our producer Caram' but I cannot make a correlation to a future for this line up that means anything...

I don't know anyone in real life who saw the band between 1987-93 that doesn't want a reunion. Would it be the same as 25 years ago? Fuck no but it would let us old folk relive our youth and give a history lesson to the kids these days who think what they are seeing now is Gn'R.

Back in 2010 I would have been unsure as I was hoping for new music, but seeing as every single silver lining since then (Estranged, Civil War, Izzy and 14 Years, Duff) has been oldGNR-related, I would be for it, if not for the fact that Axl sounds really bad now. If he could give an Atlantic City/Philly/Hellfest 2012-level performance I'd be stoked but as it is now it'd be sad, and like Lenny said, it'd be a slap in the face for fans who supported Axl's nuGNR efforts to admit defeat after just one post-Slash album. In an ideal world I'd like to see a GNR All-Stars tour with a 2006/2010 Axl performing with Slash, Izzy, Duff, Finck, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Adler, Sorum and Brain, and DJ nowhere to be seen, but that's never gonna happen.

Back in 2010 I would have been unsure as I was hoping for new music, but seeing as every single silver lining since then (Estranged, Civil War, Izzy and 14 Years, Duff) has been oldGNR-related, I would be for it, if not for the fact that Axl sounds really bad now. If he could give an Atlantic City/Philly/Hellfest 2012-level performance I'd be stoked but as it is now it'd be sad, and like Lenny said, it'd be a slap in the face for fans who supported Axl's nuGNR efforts to admit defeat after just one post-Slash album. In an ideal world I'd like to see a GNR All-Stars tour with a 2006/2010 Axl performing with Slash, Izzy, Duff, Finck, Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Adler, Sorum and Brain, and DJ nowhere to be seen, but that's never gonna happen.

A slap in the face to nu-Gnr fans? The original fans are what it made it possible for there to be a nununuGnr. A new album will not quench the general public's desire for a reunion. I think the best we can hope for is at the final Gn'R show in a few years,a grand finale of Paradise City with whomever is left from Gn'R these days and Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven.

A slap in the face to nu-Gnr fans? The original fans are what it made it possible for there to be a nununuGnr. A new album will not quench the general public's desire for a reunion. I think the best we can hope for is at the final Gn'R show in a few years,a grand finale of Paradise City with whomever is left from Gn'R these days and Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven.

Not all nuGNR fans are exclusively nuGNR fans, some were oldGNR fans who believed in Axl's vision, but liked what he was doing with Finck and Bucket, it's not all fans vs. haters like Axl and TB like to make it out to be. I know the general public wouldn't give a shit about ChiDem II but it'd be a shame if Axl only released a half or a third of the project to which he dedicated the greatest part of his adult life. As much as I love Izzy I don't know if he could carry a whole show, he joked himself about forgetting his parts that he wrote to Nightrain while playing live, and he was unplugged for the most part in shows like Tel Aviv '93. It'd be cool to have him on stage for songs like 14 Years but they'd be better off with Gilby or Fortus as the rhythm guitarist.

Axl's looking a pretty severe hypocrite with his reasons to keep the name now, he's running out of time and it's coming to the point where a reunion would be a superior choice regarding evolving the band lol that's an awful thing to see Axl Rose dragging into the mud when he's fought so hard and long - it was a demented but clearly insanely passionate plight from 2001-2010 now it's getting hard to see, the guy has lost the plot and the fire is now a matchstick. I have the faintest hope of him dropping a new track and date for the sequel out of the blue 'I'd like to thank our producer Caram' but I cannot make a correlation to a future for this line up that means anything...

This can only mean one thing.....

REUNION STARTS NOW!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :lol:

You can count me as one who saw the band during that 87-93 era and I definitely do not want a reunion.

Axl will not play with Slash ever again, this man is known to you all, is he not? His grudges are irreversible and his wounds are constant and sharp. He digs his holes for universe shaking, potently profound reasons and he buries the shovel in there too. Slash truly scarred the guy, some of it will be irrational but much of it understood and he still don't know how to deal with emotional pain probably or we'd get something progressive, Axl will not renege on those acidic comments he's spat out thru the years, Democracy was a catharsis in several layers, to have Slash back in the band would kinda shit on that whole chapter of his life. It's so far beyond his Duff/Izzy disagreements, Slash is the ringleader, jeckyll n' hyde Last Boss in his mind still. Slash he has associated with a poison ivy tangle of all the shit he swam thru and swam away from, shut up and sing? Yeah can see him playing Sorry with the guy, I know things are getting parody like but that would be grotesque lol.

Edited by RandallFlagg

It would be better than touring with a bunch of random people that aren't the ones who made GNR's legacy so great - I say this as a fan of newGNR and all lineups of them.

Chinese Democracy was a decent record. However that is going on 6 years and all that really matters is the tunes that the old band wrote. So yeah give me the real thing over anything else. But either way with Axl singing like he does in 2014 it would be kind of a let down

I think it's inevitable Axl, Slash, Duff & Matt will play together in the next 5-10 yrs. (despite all the evidence to the contrary), whether it's a one-off, tour and/or studio is anyone's guess.

Izzy is 50-50 (through his own choice) but I'd imagine at least guest spots.

IF Adler is still alive I could see maybe, MAYBE sitting in for a song or two at some point but likely no involvement.

I would love a reunion but I would be just as happy to see Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven do something with Myles or something. Axl sounds absolutely horrendous and has no cool or stage presence left.

If they were going to do it, I would want them all to go at it and give 150%.. I bet if Axl got into shape it would do wonders for his voice.. Maybe get surgery.. Duff could help him with that.. Slash too for that matter but he will sound good no matter what..

I just watched some of the Golden Gods and it almost saddened me to see Duff up there with that nonsense.. That band is awful.. They sucked all the life out of those classic songs.

Izzy has said if there was a reunion he'd do it as he wrote a good portion of those songs. So it's all about Axl and Slash. They just seem at opposite ends of the spectrum. Axl is more over to prog rock Zeppelin and Slash has much more traditional rock n roll methods. With Slash not really wanting to be part of Axl's creative process, and Axl not wanting to do solely hard rock, it seems hard to see what they could do. I guess a UYI type thing. 2 songs from each guy with a couple of covers. Basically just take two Izzy solo album songs, two Slash solo album songs, 2 Duff songs, two Axl songs and just record it with Axl basically singing on most of it. finish it in 2 weeks then hit the road to play the hits. They could do a cover of Thin Lizzy's The Boys are Back in Town.

I don't give a hoot. I'm not on the forum because of the music. That is for damn sure. It's a given that I am here for the community.

Izzy was always the best anyway and there is no chance in hell it will work out again anyway because he doesn't want any part of it. There was Axl and Slash. And there was Izzy.