Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Black Sabbath Asbury Park 1975 bootleg.........

I was at that show but it is also official release quality that makes it so incredible.........here is the backstory on wherethe tape for the bootleg came from

Regarding the origins of this tape here is an excerpt from comments regarding this show from the now, sadly, shutdown “Black Sabbath Live Project” Website:

“King Biscuit recorded Black Sabbath at Asbury Park Convention Hall right on the boardwalk in Asbury Park, NJ on August 5th, 1975. The band were only a few weeks into their U.S. tour to support SABOTAGE, which wasn’t released until about 2 weeks later.

5 tracks from this show have been circulating for years in good to very good quality at best. These are sourced from various radio broadcasts (King Biscuit Flower Hour, Supergroups In Concert), both from radio broadcast vinyl and fan recordings from the broadcasts themselves. While these songs sounded fairly decent, they don’t hold a candle to lower generation versions that appeared in trading circles just recently.

The complete version of this show surfaced sometime in 2001. The word on the street back then was that a “complete, unmixed soundboard” that was leaked out of the King Biscuit vaults. In fact, this is probably actually from the original multi-track recordings, so the term “soundboard” really isn’t accurate. These tapes were re-mixed and edited for the FM broadcasts, but only 5 songs aired.

Here’s the true story behind how the Asbury Park tapes leaked. A highly respected Sabbath collector contacted King Biscuit to inquire about the full release of their 1975 show, which was thought to be from Philadelphia by most people at the time. King Biscuit had been taking requests for future releases, so this was a completely legitimate request. Their initial response was that the show “wasn’t good enough”. But once the KB engineers had a listen to the tapes, they quickly discovered how wrong their assessment was. One of them even asked the collector to identify a song for them. It turned out to be “Spiral Architect”! Also, the tapes were identified as being from the Asbury Park show, NOT Philadelphia as previously thought. [Note: However, the engineer did claim the date was still 8/6/75, although the Asbury Park show has been proven to have been a day earlier. Sabbath performed in Philadelphia on 7/31/75.]

The King Biscuit kindly sent the collector a complimentary copy of the show, since there were now plans to release it officially. But when he tried to follow up on this release a few months later, the King Biscuit employee no longer worked there and the release was apparently nixed. And it was from this ‘advance promo’ that the current slew of Asbury Park bootlegs originated from.”

On 6/15/2016 at 4:20 PM, MrShankly said:

Eminem.

MMLP

The Eminem Show

Relapse

SSLP

Recovery

Encore

MMLP 2

(Not the order I listened to them, but actually how I'd rate them)

Been listening to Eminem constantly since saturday, I've had Relapse on about 4 times - I can't get enough of it and can't believe it seems to be considered a "bad" album, or wasn't well received. His flow on that album's just unreal. The rhythm in his words and the timing and everything's just fuckin' amazing. And it's hilarious, and so full of confidence at times, and reminds me of his early stuff. 

I still can't get into MMLP2 :( I've tried so many times, but I literally can't get through it without skipping a good few tracks.

Crackin' out Infinite in the car tomorrow. Been a while :) It's been so long I can't even remember what I thought of it really. What do you guys think?

I like Infinite. It kind of is what it is. Young guy finding his voice/style. The talent is there though.

I love Relapse. I think when it came out people were expecting Eminem Show 2. Big, happy comeback with a bunch of big radio hits. What they got was a kind of dark, almost concept album. Pretty risky for a comeback album from someone as popular as he was at the time. He raps his ass off on it though. He really kills it the whole album. Beats are banging. I put it over Recovery and MMLP2. To me, it's actually more MMLP2 than the actual MMLP2 album. Or maybe it's SSLP2. Either way, I dig it and don't think it deserved the criticism it got.

As to your list...I'd swap SSLP and Relapse. And I'd bump MMLP2 over Recovery and Encore. Encore is a lazy, drugged out follow up to a huge album. I haven't listened to Recovery in forever. I absolutely hate the production on it except for a few tracks.

• Like 1

I'm listening to the boot of the Neil Young show I attended. It is remarkably good sound quality. What a show it was - and it also sounds incredible as a recording (it is rather curious because you have the visceral experience live, but you do pick up nuances on the recording which you missed live). I collect a lot of Neil boots and this is certainly a gem and I'm not just saying that because I was there. Worth downloading,

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/neil-young-promise-of-the-real-2016-06-10-leeds-dutch-masters-recording-251297.html

PS

First performance of 'If I Could Have Her Tonight' since 1968 - perhaps, as we are not even sure he performed it in '68 (no recordings exist). Quite historic, but then many shows on this incredible tour have been historic, a tour which has seen Shakey dig deep into his catalogue, performing such songs as 'Vampire Blues' and deep cuts from Time Fades Away.