Revolver Interview with Axl Rose

So, so, so many critics! Why can't you people just be happy he gave an interview? pfft! Why must you dissect to fucking death every word he says? My God give him a break. He spoke to a journalist that writes for a magazine. It was a lovely interview. He's a lovely person. He isn't Jesus Christ. Must you live your life around his every word? I love the man, but I'm not placing all my money in a bet around what he does next and I will not be forever miserable nor mortified if he doesn't do exactly what 'I project' what 'I think he said' he will do. Can't we all just be happy that the lead singer of the band that we are all on the fan club forum of finally gave an interview? For those that are, please disregard my comments. Let's all give a big shout out of a 'Hell Yeah!' Say it with me now, 'Hell Yeah!'

Well we are all jaded cynics here; but, if the touring does stops following Vegas and Axl does seem to enter into plans for another album, then I suppose, retroactively, that was an excellent interview.

Amazing. He has an entire album all ready to go, but he just flat-out won't release it.

Whose fault is it this time? Slash? Yoda? Bucket? Jesus?

And that's the rub.

It's been six years from the last album and one record in the last 20 years. Why sit on a completed album? Makes no sense.

The fact that he has an album ready to go tells me that there are a ton of legal issues to sort out that he's been ignoring.

There might be 20 plus people that contributed to the sound of that record and if Axl wants to make any money he has to insure that they get their fair share if their music is used. I think that's why he keeps having the current guys tweek parts of it.

I think that's what has been holding back the record. There are a lot of hurdles to jump to release a GNR record, especially when 85% of the people who contributed to the album are no longer in the band.

• Like 1

The fact that he has an album ready to go tells me that there are a ton of legal issues to sort out that he's been ignoring.

There might be 20 plus people that contributed to the sound of that record and if Axl wants to make any money he has to insure that they get their fair share if their music is used. I think that's why he keeps having the current guys tweek parts of it.

I think that's what has been holding back the record. There are a lot of hurdles to jump to release a GNR record, especially when 85% of the people who contributed to the album are no longer in the band.

Either the legal issues or it just flat out sucks.

Personally I think it's both.

And if it's legal issues, write another with the current members and release that until the legal issues are worked out.

Most bands can write and record an album in a month or two if they are all focused on the task at hand.

Of course, with Axl, he's never focused on anything except the 15 years of his life Slash stole from him.

So, so, so many critics! Why can't you people just be happy he gave an interview?

Maaaaaybeeee because we heard stuff like this time and time again over the last 15 years and in 9 of 10 cases, nothing followed.

So interviews like this simply don't stir anything in me anymore. Why would they?

• Like 1

Is anyone else noticing him being way more open to talking about the old lineup and old songs and having almost no interest in talking about the new lineup and new songs? In what universe would he say "Duff coming back will be dependent upon seeing what Tommy wants to do with his other band"...that to me says anytime Tommy wants to drop out, his replacement will be Duff. Never saw that coming. I really expected a "it was great while he was here, but now we're moving forward". To come out and openly say he is such a completely different person probably makes him curious to see what the other guys are like as well.

Also in this interview he says he hopes he has a few years left, yet the band has been told their calendars are clear after Vegas and are all doing their own thing for AT LEAST the next 6 months. For Axl to sit there and say "We'll be looking at it seriously after Vegas" just doesn't make any sense. I feel like something major is going to happen but it won't have anything to do with this band releasing a new GNR album. And as for DJ Ashba, unreliable as he is saying he'll definitely be on the next release...that's correct. Appetite for Democracy comes out July 1st.

Combine Ron leaving, Tommy wanting to do more replacements shows, "everybody's personal problems", continuing non-committal in regard to a new album, and a newfound appreciation for Duff and a clear willingness to work with both Izzy and Duff, acceptance by the media, and the fact that he has "won the war" in the sense that the media isn't completely trashing him anymore (positive response to RNRHOF letter, Jimmy Kimmel interview, re: greatest singers), = ROSE/MCKAGAN/STRADLIN/SLASH/SORUM/REED TOUR 2015.

And if it's legal issues, write another with the current members and release that until the legal issues are worked out.

Most bands can write and record an album in a month or two if they are all focused on the task at hand.

Of course, with Axl, he's never focused on anything except the 15 years of his life Slash stole from him.

Most bands can write an album in a month or two??? That is just silly. please tell me you have never been in a band before.

Is anyone else noticing him being way more open to talking about the old lineup and old songs and having almost no interest in talking about the new lineup and new songs? In what universe would he say "Duff coming back will be dependent upon seeing what Tommy wants to do with his other band"...that to me says anytime Tommy wants to drop out, his replacement will be Duff. Never saw that coming. I really expected a "it was great while he was here, but now we're moving forward". To come out and openly say he is such a completely different person probably makes him curious to see what the other guys are like as well.

Also in this interview he says he hopes he has a few years left, yet the band has been told their calendars are clear after Vegas and are all doing their own thing for AT LEAST the next 6 months. For Axl to sit there and say "We'll be looking at it seriously after Vegas" just doesn't make any sense. I feel like something major is going to happen but it won't have anything to do with this band releasing a new GNR album. And as for DJ Ashba, unreliable as he is saying he'll definitely be on the next release...that's correct. Appetite for Democracy comes out July 1st.

Combine Ron leaving, Tommy wanting to do more replacements shows, "everybody's personal problems", continuing non-committal in regard to a new album, and a newfound appreciation for Duff and a clear willingness to work with both Izzy and Duff, acceptance by the media, and the fact that he has "won the war" in the sense that the media isn't completely trashing him anymore (positive response to RNRHOF letter, Jimmy Kimmel interview, re: greatest singers), = ROSE/MCKAGAN/STRADLIN/SLASH/SORUM/REED TOUR 2015.

I wouldn't go as far as you, but he is very open about Duff, yeah. Also, keeping in mind what was said about the major issue in SA and possible changes in crew and/or band, I found it interesting that he doesn't only respond to the question reagrding Duff. He acts as if not only Tommy, but just about every other band member can take some time off to do whatever:

It's possible. I don't know yet. It depends on scheduling, or what shows Tommy [stinson] wants to do with the Replacements and stuff like that. And you know, almost everybody in the band has some kind of issue going on, personally. There's people who have lost family members. Other people are dealing with separations. Sometimes court gets in the way. Real life!

I'm probably reading to much into this, but I am curious about how it all unfolds after Vegas. Because whatever happens, we'll get some news. If nothing comes from the GNR camp, there's always the thing UK Subs would reveal after Vegas. (Whatever that might be.)

He said that they had things recorded before Chinese was out, which doesn't include Ashba or Bumblefoot, we don't know. So, does he really want to release Chinese leftovers? When do the current guys will get their chance to write and record their own material? :lol: I think people will need to wait around 6 years for a complete album, then around 4 o 5 years for mastering.

He said that they had things recorded before Chinese was out, which doesn't include Ashba or Bumblefoot, we don't know. So, does he really want to release Chinese leftovers? When do the current guys will get their chance to write and record their own material? :lol: I think people will need to wait around 6 years for a complete album, then around 4 o 5 years for mastering.

I think he really does, since he considers it to be a double. Makes sense that he would want to release the complete work, with mostly the key members that helped create the sound of the record with a few DJ songs and Bumble leads on top.

Edited by Rovim

...there's always the thing UK Subs would reveal after Vegas. (Whatever that might be.)

I must have missed this. Did Subs promise a reveal after the tour? What thread was it in?

I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you where he said it. Someone asked about the 'there's more that we cannot divulge yet' in the exclusive news NGOG posted in December and Subs said he would say it after the Residency, if it hadn't become apparent by then. Or something like that. (I hope I remember correctly... anyone ?)

Maybe it was in a Duff thread. I think it was someone asking if the 'more news' was Duff, and that Subs said it wasn't, but he'd tell what he was told after Vegas.

Maybe it was about ron leaving

I guess so, but then there'd also have to be a solution in place. I don't think they'd say to be optimistic about 2014 because... SURPRISE: the lead guitarist is leaving!! :shrugs:

So, so, so many critics! Why can't you people just be happy he gave an interview?

Maaaaaybeeee because we heard stuff like this time and time again over the last 15 years and in 9 of 10 cases, nothing followed.

So interviews like this simply don't stir anything in me anymore. Why would they?

This.

Besides, hearing about a CD remix or a second half of CD is utterly disappointing.

And he's delirious if he thinks a US tour would have done any better than it did.

Most bands can write an album in a month or two??? That is just silly. please tell me you have never been in a band before.

It depends if they have material going into the studio and if they performed the songs live. When people started bootlegging stuff, a lot of bands stopped performing "works in progress" songs live.

Dark Side of the Moon - 6 weeks.

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - two weeks.

Black Sabbath's first album - one day.

Beatles first album - 12 hours.

Led Zeppelin IV - 4 months and multiple studios.

Led Zeppelin I - 36 hours.

AFD - one month.