The guy who credits himself with CD's release

Reporters are funny, they take a quote out of context. I said the promotion may have helped get it released. We did generate millions of ad value for Guns for free. And yes, Dr Pepper is still on my shit list for fucking up the giveaway. But it was a really ballsy move for any brand to do something like that, and I'd much rather live in a world where brand's take risks and do interesting stuff. I know I don't post much anymore, but that's just because I've been busy. I still love Guns and the music, just not really too much to talk about in a message board sense, you know? :)

It was an oddball gesture at the time, but now a fond memory

I hope life is treating you well, K

Very cool article. Kaneda is a cool guy.

People might be forgetting how much press the Dr Pepper thing got. Even though it was a failure and may not have directly caused the album to come out (I doubt anyone would claim this), I think it certainly helped build up a bit of immediate awareness/buzz that the label probably capitalized upon. It may have ended up being bad press but you know the old saying about that.

I'm really mad about your fiance, Kaneda. I know we don't know the whole story but if that was your space, your passion, and your money who was she to stand in your way? Hope things are a lot better now, bud.

• Like 1