Pretty tied up appreciation thread

i think izzy wrote 100% of this song right? what a genius

they should do it in vegas should he show up

also, i do think it is a serious contender for top dog uyi tunes with you could be mine and or 14 years/dust n bones

funny how izzy's songs are pretty much the best ones at least thats what i feel is the reality, essentially the combo of axl/izzy is the true essence of gnr if you had to choose a combo but duff's bass at beginning of PTU is pretty much on the money too....

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Izzy: My Mexican friend Tony took me to meet this woman named Margot at her house. She gave us some tequila or something and she goes in the bedroom and we walk in and there's this big fat naked guy with an onion in his mouth. He's wearing women's underwear and high heels and he's tied up with duct tape against the wall. Me and Tony were like, What the fuck is going on here? Cracking up laughing. She was this dominatrix chick. We sat around her living room for the rest of the afternoon, listening to records, and she'd go in the bedroom and do her thing. At the end of the day she turned him loose and he paid her all this money. She took us out to eat. There was this whole scene of dominatrix chicks who worked in the S&M clubs. They'd beat on guys and after work, they'd take a musician out to dinner, let you stay at their place sometimes [Musician, 1992].

Slash: We kept rehearsing, and once we'd gotten a few songs all together, we went over to Izzy's place on Valley Vista and Sepulveda in the Valley to do some writing and see where his head was (...) Axl showed up that day, and regardless we started working on a song that became 'Pretty Tied Up.' I remember that Izzy had taken a cymbal and a broomstick and some strings and had made a sitar out of it. Needless to say...Izzy was pretty fucking high [bozza, Anthony, & Slash (2007). Slash. Harper Entertainment: New York, p258].

Duff, talking about working on songs in Chicago without Axl and Izzy: We did get some work done. We finished 'Civil War' and wrote 'Get In The Ring' and 'Pretty Tied Up,' to name a few [Duff's autobiography, "It's So Easy", 2011, p. 151].

Duff, being asked about his favourite Guns N' Roses song to play: I don't know, there's a load of songs I like. For many a year "My Michelle" was the song I loved to play the most, but towards the end of the Illusions tour my favorite was "Pretty Tied Up" [Popular 1, July 2000].

• Like 1

this has to be the most ironic gnr song as great as it is tho once there was this rock n roll band rolling on the street (time went by and it became a joke)

:P

Could also call it far sighted. Perils of rock n roll decadence and all that; Either you live fast and die young..or grow so old, so rich and so isolated from world that used to inspire you that you lose rock and the roll. And even decadence turns into mockery of the word; demands of having 9001 roses shipped to your hotel room. Hiring an actual male camwhore as your solo guitarist.

Edited by LTD

This is one of those tunes that I'll go a long time without listening to and then be blown the fuck away by it out of nowhere.

I posted a similiar sentiment on my Twitter page just last week :headbang: Hadn't listened to it in years and was blown away by it. Would love to see it make a return to the setlist when Guns are next in the UK

• Like 1