Axl Rose Ex-manager says GNR reunion will happen in the next 2 years

Duswalt says he and the rest of the old-school GNR camp think Axl and Slash are closer than ever before to patching things up, mostly because original Guns bassist Duff McKagan has recently played onstage with Guns N Roses, and Duswalt says theyre hoping McKagan will be an ambassador of sorts.

Duff is paving the way to open the gates again, says Duswalt. Axl and Duff are really getting along well at the concerts, so theres an opening.

Duswalt says Duff stepping in to cover for present-day Guns bassist Tommy Stinson while the latters playing a few shows with The Replacements was the first glimmer of hope in a long time. About five years ago, Slash went to Axls house one day, and Axl didnt want to see him, says Duswalt. We [had] thought for a while, yes [a reunion could happen], but then it just got ugly again and we thought, Theres no way.

The crux of the issue between Axl and Slash has always been a mystery to civilians, including even diehard Guns fans. Duswalt tells ABC News Radio, It was a thing that happened at the end of [use Your Illusion], meaning there was a specific incident that precipitated the split.

There were also the differences in music, Duswalt adds, like Slash wanted to do more hard-rock stuff and Axl wanted to do more ballads, rock ballads. There was that difference, but there was a specific thing that happened that both of them are at odds over.

Duswalt says when it comes to Axl and Slash, he knows for a fact they hate each other right now. Its bad. Axl is a loyal guy and you get on his bad side and some people dont come back, but Slash and him were so close. We [in the old-school Guns camp] all have a feeling it will happen. Its gonna happen in the next two yearstheres an opening because of Duff playing with Axl.

source: http://www.hayspost.com/2014/06/04/kfix-rock-news-axl-roses-ex-manager-says-guns-n-roses-reunion-will-happen-in-the-next-two-years/

thanks to John Bonham @ http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/

Edited by supercool

Ummm....

Anyway...

Let's think what is that thing that puts two guys hating each other for years. Musical differences is bullshit, you can't hate another person because of that. So what is it? My bets are:

1- money

2- women

3- Slash gave aids to Axl?

4- theft in some form (they stole each other a song, lyric, melody)

5- dark secret

Um, misleading thread title, much?

Last time I checked Axl Rose's manager was Beta. I read the headline and had to remind myself that this is the internet.

This would be a quote from a FORMER manager...who has a book out.

I mean, I totally agree with him and believe a reunion will happen sooner than later, but yeah. What we have here is a trolling thread title to get attention and a trolling quote from a likely well-meaning dude trying to sell his book.

Edited by MarlaHooch
  • Like 1

Ehh, I don't know if I'd want a reunion. They don't seem like they would musically click anymore, and I'm in the camp of people that would want to see new music before a reunion. But I do hope they patch up their friendship at least. It would suck if they died still on bad terms with each other, just like it sucks that almost twenty years have passed since they last talked.

• Like 1

Man like, what in the fuck. Bam Margera, Alice Cooper, this guy plus however many others with reunion talk, as if the current guys don't even exist. Regardless of what you're into, I think most would agree that kind of attitude is simply downright disrespectful.

If GN'R were not a functioning entity, then fine, call for a reunion. But that's not reality.

For the record, I'm not talking about anyone on this forum. I'm referring specifically to celebrities. And PS I love the shit out of the current lineup.

• Like 1

The reason the reunion isn't happening anytime soon is because of how Axl views Slash's intentions. Axl genuionly cares about Slash. That's why he's hurt by Slash leaving him in the 90's.

Axl thinks the only reason why Slash wants to make things ok and the only reason he showed up at his house was to make money off him. He thinks Slash wants a reunion so he can profit off it. In other words Axl thinks Slash is trying to use him and doesn't actually care about him.

It would take Axl believing that Slash actually cares about him for a reunion to happen.

It's similar to how Axl views all the managers that he believes were sabatoging tours and the album to force a reunion. Someone got it in Axl's head that every one is trying to get their share of the money from a reunion and he's lost trust in a lot of people.

It's why he said in USA today that he doesn't feel comfortable with more than one former member on stage. To him that creates the anxiety of people trying to force a reunion again and take advantage of him. Axl's just lost trust In so many friends and people because no matter what their true intentions are it feels like everyone wants a reunion to get a piece of the cake. Axl doesn't like being used and he doesn't like the idea of people being nice to him or wanting to be his friend again just so they can take in the easy money.

Money doesn't mean much to Axl. It means a lot to Axl when people actually care about him. People like Beta, who Axl holds close no matter what. It's what happens when you have a lot of money and a lot of fame. Everyone seems out to get you.

Duff is paving the way to open the gates again, says Duswalt. Axl and Duff are really getting along well at the concerts, so theres an opening.

This is why Duswalt is wrong.

The fact that Axl and Duff are getting along shows that 1. Duff is just an impeccable human being now. 2. They're not discussing a reunion of any sort.

It's cool that Axl and Duff, two members of real Guns, one of the greatest bands in the world, have mended fences in the last few years. That said, it doesn't mean just because Duff is there, he's trying to push a reunion. He knows Axl better than anyone else in that band or management and Axl doesn't work that way. Question should be: Would Duff want to 'reunite' for a full tour or be part of Guns N' Roses again? Man, he left for a reason and things have not changed since then. The only one who changed was Duff.

If anything, I wish and hope Duff is trying to help Axl find peace in his heart. If someday Axl and Slash are able to have a conversation, mend fences, and let bygones be bygones - that would be and should be a great day for all Guns N' Roses fans.

• Like 2