Dizzy Reed: 'A Lot of New Stuff Is Ready to Come Out'

Asked by Rock Revival on whether the fresh record's coming any time soon, Dizzy replied:

"That's the plan, although we haven't really discussed it for a while.

So, what the hell they do discuss? Where to tour next?

Asked by Rock Revival on whether the fresh record's coming any time soon, Dizzy replied:

"That's the plan, although we haven't really discussed it for a while.

So, what the hell they do discuss? Where to tour next?
Come on, you know damn well that no discussions take place. This isn't a band in the classic sense. These are employees who do what they are told to do.
  • Like 1

We used to have real members of real Guns N' Roses discussing what's next with the band, what the next record would sound like, even track names and description of the songs. Now we have a keyboard player repeating himself since 2006, discussing stuff he has no clue about.

Interesting.

It's coming, just like Chinese. Axl will eventually release it cause he's not one to release just half of the work, and he expressed an interest recently, and now it seems like other band members indicate it will happen. Just a matter of time. Hopefully not too long, but I think we're talking 2 to 3 years tops.

There's only so many variations left to say 'we recorded a lot of stuff over eight years ago, we haven't heard anything from Axl since then, he intends to release the old stuff because he hasn't worked on anything else because of touring and whatever else he does when he isn't onstage, we aren't respected enough to be involved with songwriting and if we suggest we do something like a normal band we might get sent a folder regarding our discipline and docility from Team Brazil'.

This x 106 !!

I don't really think it is Axl that is holding up a release, I think UMG is, I feel the record company has more to do with the lack of new material than what people think.

They pushed back CD 2 times that I have read about.

I just don't see them making it smooth process after what happened before and after the release of CD, UMG did not get there way with Axl by that I mean a reunion, not going to go into that, so Axl and UMG butted heads about the album release and they are still butt hurt over it, just as Axl is I am sure.

I have nothing to prove this but add it up and it makes sense.

Edited by bigcountry

I don't really think it is Axl that is holding up a release, I think UMG is, I feel the record company has more to do with the lack of new material than what people think.

They pushed back CD 2 times that I have read about.

I just don't see them making it smooth process after what happened before and after the release of CD, UMG did not get there way with Axl by that I mean a reunion, not going to go into that, so Axl and UMG butted heads about the album release and they are still butt hurt over it, just as Axl is I am sure.

I have nothing to prove this but add it up and it makes sense.

I doubt the record company right now knows what he has, or if the same people are running Interscope. They're going to release what he has.

The record company has radically changed in the past 15 years, even more so in the past few.

Interscope just spent a lot of money watching Lady Gaga do a belly flop, Iovine's a billionaire and turned over the company to someone else to run. Axl flat out said Iovine wasn't the one causing him the problems, he was the one who kept people off his back when he came in to see what was going on, but when he left is another story. Jimmy said what he did as a producer and what he did running a record company were completely different worlds, but music and technology, being able to go forward, have artists make money instead of watching their music be freely distributed, he's trying to work on that with Dre, Reznor, his team, and the people at Apple.

Apple without Jobs is in big trouble, but Jimmy got to hang out with the man a time or two.

Steve-Jobs-and-Jimmy-Iovine-Getty-Images

http://www.inc.com/burt-helm/jimmy-iovine-on-steve-jobs-beats-and-apple.html

http://www.vox.com/2014/5/29/5760262/beats-cofounder-jimmy-iovine-is-just-what-apple-needed

“I’ve been meeting with Apple about subscriptions since 2004,” when Iovine was CEO of Interscope Records. “Every two months. I think they’re an incredible company, and I wanted them to do subscriptions.”