Dizzy Reed: 'A Lot of New Stuff Is Ready to Come Out'

32433_ver1403878415.jpg

Guns N' Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed shared a brief update on the band's new album progress, saying that things are definitely happening.

Asked by Rock Revival on whether the fresh record's coming any time soon, Dizzy replied:

"That's the plan, although we haven't really discussed it for a while. There's a lot of stuff people need to hear that's ready to come out. It's gonna happen, I just don't have an actual date for you yet. My fingers are crossed, but they're getting a little bit looser. I think it'll be happening soon."

To his credit I'm sure he knows absolutely nothing about when the album will come out. Seems like he even admits that lol. I'm glad he says a lot of things are finished though. Seems like it's just a matter of how and when this is going to go down and not a matter of actually creating it

There's only so many variations left to say 'we recorded a lot of stuff over eight years ago, we haven't heard anything from Axl since then, he intends to release the old stuff because he hasn't worked on anything else because of touring and whatever else he does when he isn't onstage, we aren't respected enough to be involved with songwriting and if we suggest we do something like a normal band we might get sent a folder regarding our discipline and docility from Team Brazil'.

• Like 2

Here's a 2006 snippet;

http://www.metalsludge.tv/?p=30945

What is the status on Chinese Democracy?

"I know what you guys know. I’m pretty excited about the fact that it might come out this year. But that’s all I know."

Its amazing that a member of GNR can say that and still consider this a "band". Why they are even interviewed at all is beyond. Its not like they truly know anything or can move anything along.

I've got no problems with these guys in the band, but thats just the truth.

• Like 1

date: 06/27/2014

GN'R Album Update: 'A Lot of New Stuff Is Ready to Come Out'

Guns N' Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed shared a brief update on the band's new album progress, saying that things are definitely happening.

Asked by Rock Revival on whether the fresh record's coming any time soon, Dizzy replied:

"That's the plan, although we haven't really discussed it for a while. There's a lot of stuff people need to hear that's ready to come out. It's gonna happen, I just don't have an actual date for you yet. My fingers are crossed, but they're getting a little bit looser. I think it'll be happening soon."

In other album updates, frontman Axl Rose has confirmed that the group already has two albums worth of unreleased material.

"We recorded a lot of things before 'Chinese [Democracy]' was out," he told the Revolver Magazine. "We've worked more on some of those things and weve written a few new things. But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of 'Chinese.'

"That's already recorded. And then we have a remix album made of the songs from Chinese. That's been done for a while, too."

As the band's latest album, "Chinese Democracy," saw its release in November 2008 via Geffen Records.