Best Axl Rose 2014 vocal performances (vids)

Since it seems that '14 touring is pretty much over, let's contribute to highlight the best '14 Axl vocal performances during this year.

I'll start with some mind-blowing performances from Vegas last show (7th June) that reminds me a lot of the infamous '12 Philly show...

WTTJ and ISE

YESTERDAYS (w/rasp)

Edited by trqster

Incredible apart from the last few notes... Maybe time to change the melody there.

He should use the type of rasp he uses for "I've been walking the streets..." for every song.

Would be nice but his voice probably wouldn't last long, rasping his chest voice like that can't be easy.

June 6 (second last Vegas show) was the best show of the year, easily. He was on fire all night.

The shows both before and after that one were also really good, but I think 6/6/14 was the best.

Generally speaking, I agree that the 6th was the best. However, I think Prostitute was better on the 4th, if only because of the actual performance. I know you weren't there for that one so you can't make the comparison, but man...you could just feel how much Axl was putting into that song, it was palpable. I can't even put into words what it was like being there for that particular song, it was the single most amazing Axl performance I've seen in person.

Intense performance. It gives me goosebumps each time I hear it. Axl sounded so great at this show.

Dang! I forgot how awesome he was at the end of this run.

Only songs I can think of that we didn't get a great performance were, rocket queen, you could be mine, and second half of estranged (maybe civil war) . Everything else had atleast one great performance.

Hopefully Axl remains in form. Even builds on this. I hate to be let down, but I think this is the first evidence that Axl's classic voice could return since 2010. I'm still shocked that he put rasp on paradise city. I feel like that's been missing a while. So much potential still, we will see what happens when he returns.

June 6 (second last Vegas show) was the best show of the year, easily. He was on fire all night.

The shows both before and after that one were also really good, but I think 6/6/14 was the best.

Generally speaking, I agree that the 6th was the best. However, I think Prostitute was better on the 4th, if only because of the actual performance. I know you weren't there for that one so you can't make the comparison, but man...you could just feel how much Axl was putting into that song, it was palpable. I can't even put into words what it was like being there for that particular song, it was the single most amazing Axl performance I've seen in person.

Even judging from the video, I agree Prostitute was better on the 4th. The best overall show (from what I've seen) was the 6th though.

These Vegas shows have to go down in GNR history, I didn't think Philly could be beaten, especially when watching the SA tour but there we have it. Incredible.

True, but in Philly there's a one of a kind rendition of Rocket Queen - with rasp. Also YCBM is much stronger than usual.

Intense performance. It gives me goosebumps each time I hear it. Axl sounded so great at this show.

This song has always be 'meh' to me live. Scream is good but I wish he'd use his chest voice for at least the verses. Some of the notes are lower than the 2nd part of patience so he could do it

TWAT from 6/6 reminds me why is this my fav song from CD
It seems to me Axl uses his 2006 voice on this one (very similar the only 2006 performance, but he know the verses know)
Finally something good, makes me some sense that why i still follow Axl these days....

Edited by Crash Diet