Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion.

NachoLZ

Did Maggie even know Beth was missing until the last episode?

All in all, it was fairly anticlimactic. Kind of expected some sort of twist at the end.

Feel's like most of this season was a waste of time. It built up to a character that we thought had probably been turned into a Burger last season dying.

Edited by AtariLegend

Shit mid-season finally. Pointless way to off her. Shame too, she was pretty. Whole season felt pretty pointless and apart from the first two episodes it was boring too. Just one big filler thing between Terminus and the next big arc. While Terminus was actually already a filler thing.

I don't know how much more of this I can stand, think i'll just read the reviews of episodes and than decide if I'm going to watch it. Dont want to waste another 45 mins of my life.

that is where im about at right now. no one cared about beth, daryl mustered a "she is just gone" never adding to where she went and what happened just she was gone. then maggie gets up and just leaves not knowing where her sister went not giving a fuck and the last part where they literally made her retarded at the end to stab a cop in the chest.

All I will say is that I did cry.

then I watched the Talking Dead and when they do the memorial to those who died in tonight's episode, after showing Beth, the said "The only comfort is knowing she will be in her father's arms". I cried when I read that because my father is dead and it just reminded me how much I miss him.

The show was awesome.

• Like 1

The predicament here is

- Kill off characters we know little about therefore having minimal emotional impact

- Kill off characters just starting to seriously develop, therefore having maximum impact

i think one of the biggest problems right now, is they have way too many characters. some characters that really have lived past their comic counterparts creating a log jam of sorts at this point of the story. trying to cram so many characters and back storys into a 40 minute episode just doesnt work.

the problem with beth is the development was kind of just thrown out there just for the sake of killing her. it was sort of like t dog, they finally let the guy talk and do something and then he dies. it just seemed like the rest of the group had 0 interest in finding beth and could care less until daryl and carol happened to pick up on her trail again. to me beth and characters like t dog, axl, tiny, etc just represent an easy kill off to meet a certain quota. if they killed carol i would feel different but its beth :lol:

The predicament here is

- Kill off characters we know little about therefore having minimal emotional impact

- Kill off characters just starting to seriously develop, therefore having maximum impact

i think one of the biggest problems right now, is they have way too many characters. some characters that really have lived past their comic counterparts creating a log jam of sorts at this point of the story. trying to cram so many characters and back storys into a 40 minute episode just doesnt work.

the problem with beth is the development was kind of just thrown out there just for the sake of killing her. it was sort of like t dog, they finally let the guy talk and do something and then he dies. it just seemed like the rest of the group had 0 interest in finding beth and could care less until daryl and carol happened to pick up on her trail again. to me beth and characters like t dog, axl, tiny, etc just represent an easy kill off to meet a certain quota. if they killed carol i would feel different but its beth :lol:

That's true, no offense to this father guy but he's just a character that is there for the sake of the church being given to the survivors, I'm not sure I ever liked this Elvis, Abe and Lara Croft triad that came along and served zero purpose too, to me it has diluted the plot, there was a place for them somewhere along the line but a few ch's needed offing or splitting up for good before they appeared. The Beth tangent was an okay thing entertainment wise, plodding but reasonable, then to just kill her having cheekily set her up just for that ending lol, a bit weak really. I'd have rather Maggie bit the dust but there you go, she as others pointed out, never ever gave a single flying fuck her sister was missing and she doesn't even reminisce about the great Herschel either... this is what happens when you try to squeeze like 12 characters in at once, it dilutes the whole frame of the thing.

• Like 1

I knew as soon as Beth turned back that it would be her to die.

The writer said they took into consideration which of the character's death would affect the other characters.

Beth's death will affect them all in a different way. Of course, Daryl and Maggie will be affected the most, I think. Rick will feel like he failed her. Maggie has no real family except Glenn now. I bet Maggie will also be mourning her dad more now. Before Glenn was missing and she focused on finding him. Now she will need to face the fact that her dad and Beth were killed. Heartbreaking.

Carl will feel the loss too since Beth was close to his age and they bonded. Carol will feel guilty because Beth saved her life by giving her that shot. Tyrese and his sister will feel the loss too and since Bob just died all those feelings will come back.

These characters have been together for over 4 years and in reality they were all close friends, so Beth's death will be felt for many months to come.

The producers and writers of TWD are already starting to think about the spin off. They hired an Australian and English actors already.

it's going to be like the original WD except in another region of the world. I think once the WD is over, this show will take over and continue. I'm sure there are other people living in other places who are fighting the zombies just like Rick and his crew.

I hope it's as good as the original WD.

The producers and writers of TWD are already starting to think about the spin off. They hired an Australian and English actors already.

it's going to be like the original WD except in another region of the world. I think once the WD is over, this show will take over and continue. I'm sure there are other people living in other places who are fighting the zombies just like Rick and his crew.

So, is this any indicator that the series will end soon? Meh.

I think there might be 2 more seasons of the original The Walking Dead.

One of the writers said he hasn't even begun to write for the next season yet.

I know I've read things about them having a spin off in the near future.

It makes sense that there would be more humans somewhere in the world.

So, is this any indicator that the series will end soon? Meh.

i doubt it, the walking dead is really the only show on AMC and it just set another record for viewers. the spinoff has been in the works for a while, first i heard of it was about 3 years ago. i think the biggest indicator of the walking dead ending will be when/if daryl dies, then the end will be around the corner.