Walking Dead Season 5 Discussion.

NachoLZ

And so the "only one black male lead at a time" rule continues.

Bob tried to break the rule by getting some major airtime and got snuffed. Now Noah joins the group and Tyreese is killed off in the same episode. :lol:

yeah i was going to make the same comment but then i thought why bother, it has become some sort of parody at this point. the thing about tyreese is he could have been so much more and chad coleman did a great job but he got regulated to background status with pretty much everyone else in the show. the core group is rick/daryl/carl/michonne and then everyone else gets rotated in and out with menial story elements or some half assed attempt at "character development"

the show just loves to take these background characters(most seem to be black) give them a little bit of development and then kill them off as some kind of way to gain cheap emotional "impact". fucking t dog in season 3 does jack shit(and season 2) and the first episode he opens his mouth for more than a sentence, he gets bit and eventually dies. same goes for tiny in season 3. noah is fucked and will be replaced by morgan.

Edited by bran
  • Like 2

I haven't watched this show since the first few episodes of season 4, but I love reading everyone in this thread continually bitch about how bad it is. :lol:

its kind of like watching a car crash, plus with football over sundays nights have become boring as hell and there is always that hope the show will learn from the error of their ways and fix the show. maybe its more like a deer in headlights :lol:

as for morgan or noah both should watch out, they are an endangered species.

1, jackie

2. t dog

3. tiny

4, bob

5. tyreese

6. oscar

Edited by bran

Another one bits the dust!

Sad to see them go. This was one of the better characters on the show.

I guess they are making room for more characters to come along. Heard there will be a gay character who will lead them to another shelter.

I watched The Talking Dead last night. The special effects guy also directed last night's episode. He said he also directs the last episode, so expect more deaths. He said these last shows will show the group with no water, no food and no shelter for a while. He also hinted that when this happens usually some people will die. It's going to be a very sad last 4 shows of the season.

Also the voice on the radio that Tyrese was hearing was Andrew Lincoln's voice. Yes, he really is British.

I didn't really agree with how he died, seemed cheap as fuck and a basic plot device, he was just gawking at the fucking picture, Tyreese is generally a bit of a beast and I reckon he's been in tighter situations than that, but I guess the story gotta progress somehow and thin the living herd. I liked the kinda non-linear structure of this besides that though, it was cool seeing the governor again lol, YEW SAID YEW WOULD EARN YA KEEP?????' and Beth even tho she just bit the dust was nice to see and hear again and those two strange kids with their corpses all bloody and Bob and that weirdo gum chewing redneck. (I WON'T I WON'T I WON'T).

Also the voice on the radio that Tyrese was hearing was Andrew Lincoln's voice. Yes, he really is British.

Oh wow didn't guess that was him on the airwaves though I know Lincoln's accent is so different than his american one, I remember him saying his dialect coach wrote all the words out phonetically. Lauren Cohen(?) Maggie, is also english and her voice is absurdly different. And the ol' Governor himself is a scouser.

The only episode I thought had anywhere near the balls and swagger of Seasons 1,2,3 was the first episode of series 5, getting rid of Gareth was a massive mistake.

Edited by RandallFlagg

I felt bad that Tyrese died. I thought he was a really good character and I liked the relationship he had with the younger people and especially his sister Sasha.

It seems these 5 shows will really be hard on the group and probably more won't make it. I know it's a hard world, but I really hate when they kill off the main characters. Bring in different people and kill them off like the shows did 20 years ago.

I don't like getting invested in characters and then they get killed off. I know the cast and crew feel bad when someone has to go. I think Hershel was one of the hardest deaths go get over.

the Talking dead said this episode was 17 days from the time Beth died, so it's going to be very hard for the group to get passed these deaths and without supplies and no shelter, it will make or break some of them. I hope little Judith doesn't die. that would just suck.

Hershel was an absolute legend, obviously. He was such a damn dynamic character, he seemed to touch every single one of them and he was an integral cog in each progression if that makes any sense, Maggie has done jack shit compared to him and Beth, I get that her and Glen are an item but removed from that I don't feel anything for her compared to the others, Dazza also ought've been fleshed out so much more, his character arc is 'okay' for me though he's very effective at what his character is, and always was, there for. There's just WAY too many new characters for it to work as well as it did up to the end of The Gov plotting.

So is this Aaron trustworthy?

I thought the part when Daryl cried was very good.

Felt bad for the dogs.

Sasha was getting on my nerves but I understand how angry she was after the death of Tyrese. I usually get angry first when I lose someone I love.

Still loving Rick. He's the best.

I would have let Eugene drink the water.

This episode was ten times what the last one was imo. The dogs could've been rabid, wouldn't have backed down and became loyal pets, the humans needed food desperately (tho how safe is eating wild dog lol). I loved this one, there was the EXACT amount of balance and progression needed to paint a decent enough picture with everyone involved, I understand each episode cannot follow this structure but I really liked the 'catch ups' we got with everyone.

Still not sure about this new place?

I watched The Talking Dead and the actress who plays Michoen was on and she said that her character believes that there has to be some good people still living in the world so she's hoping these people are it.

I hope so too, but then if there's no more zombies to kill and they're all safe, how boring would that be?

Besides I'm still worried about the group who killed Noah's family? The writer of the show said it wasn't zombies, but another group of bad people, so I wonder how long it'll take before they find their way to this place?

It was cool to see some of Washington D C buildings still standing, but who is still living there?

And who is this Diana who Rick and co have to meet in order to stay in this place? I don't know why there can't be a place where people work together, but still don't have to listen to someone who thinks they can tell them how to live their lives?

I was thinking how different this place would be if only gays lived there?

God, I really hope these people weren't the ones who killed Noah's family and attacked that neighborhood.

I think Rick and the group need to find a place that's safe for at least awhile before the walkers find a way in or more "bad" people come and attack this place.

I hope someone does travel to Washington DC because I'm curious as to what they would find?

Man Rick is very handsome. It was hard to see his face under that beard. Norman Reedus has Rick's beard hairs in his fridge in Atlanta.

I thought Carol was very convincing as a woman who doesn't know how to fight and was a housewife who cooked dinner for her husband. I think that was genius to not tell your true story until we really know what's going on in Alexandria.

Loved when Rick said if this doesn't work out we'll just take this place. Loved it!

Daryl still hasn't showered yet. Funny. He's still on watch, which I think is a good thing for now.

I'm still on the fence with this place. Don't like Deana's son, he's going to be trouble for the group. One of the writers of the show was on the Talking Dead and she described him as someone playing war when Rick and the group have been to hell and back.

Yeah, this place is nice and the walkers can't in, but I'm pretty sure if there are bad people out there they would be able to get into this place with no problems. that girl who came to the town about 3 months ago is not to be trusted. She seemed to get out of the place easy enough and when Carl followed her he lost her. I wouldn't be surprised if she's a spy for other people who destroyed Noah's town.

Besides if things were quiet how boring would this show be?

Couple things for me anyway.

Where the fuck did the priest go? Unless he stayed out I didn't spot him in the last episode?

Rick's gun in the blender, where is it? Edin take it?

If Edin can get in and out so easy what is stopping anyone from coming in at any time?