MAD MAX: Fury Road

Zint

i thought it was brilliant.

some of the best, most exhilarating stunt scenes i've ever seen.

part of the reason i think critics were overly kind to the film (in the sense that they seemed to love the idea of loving it and praising it) is because it's an old-school practical-effects film and they're all as tired as most audiences are of CGI being used nonstop in movies these days.

furious 7 was fun but there's no thrill in most of the sequences because it's all so clearly fake and that's how i felt about jurassic world as well.

mad max is gritty, tangible and awe-inspiring in its stunt feats -- that's why the critics loved it and that's why i am happy to see it getting so much love.

Saw this 2 days ago,because finally good 1080p webrip copies popped up on torrent sites

I think this is one of those rare moments when a remake can compete with the original film....

Of course original Mad Max was a brilliant film, because it actually contain ACTING (which most films in this century lacks of completely)

But this movie is fucking awesome.... I was entertained through the whole thing!

The effects, the characters (although i would like to see developing them in the next movie Mad Max: The Wasteland) the music, the villains (everybody is a villain, lol)...

Amazing and i want to watch the original 3 Mad Max films, because this movie brings back the atmosphere, imho

Also i remember the "argument" when some people clam this is a feminist movie: ROFLMAO it has nothing to do wih feminism, not even matriarchism later on the film...

Oddly enough Tom Hardy's voice is the only thing that makes him a good actor, other than that, the dude completely lacks any talent for acting, but his voice is so fit for action movies/dramas that i want to watch him in more films

Charlize Theron plays good, but unfortunately this film is not about great dialogs etc.

Props for the "blind guitarist" character, it was fucking awesome

10/9 from me

I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla... you will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

Saw this 2 days ago,because finally good 1080p webrip copies popped up on torrent sites

I think this is one of those rare moments when a remake can compete with the original film....

Of course original Mad Max was a brilliant film, because it actually contain ACTING (which most films in this century lacks of completely)

But this movie is fucking awesome.... I was entertained through the whole thing!

The effects, the characters (although i would like to see developing them in the next movie Mad Max: The Wasteland) the music, the villains (everybody is a villain, lol)...

Amazing and i want to watch the original 3 Mad Max films, because this movie brings back the atmosphere, imho

Also i remember the "argument" when some people clam this is a feminist movie: ROFLMAO it has nothing to do wih feminism, not even matriarchism later on the film...

Oddly enough Tom Hardy's voice is the only thing that makes him a good actor, other than that, the dude completely lacks any talent for acting, but his voice is so fit for action movies/dramas that i want to watch him in more films

Charlize Theron plays good, but unfortunately this film is not about great dialogs etc.

Props for the "blind guitarist" character, it was fucking awesome

10/9 from me

I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla... you will ride eternal, shiny and chrome!

Same goes for most British actors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why is 3D so important to you guys?

This movie will have a 3D release in the US. This movie's 3D is also really well done. I like to get the complete set of a movie I want instead of buying a limited packaging and missing a format.

lol at paying extra for tin can packaging

Those packaging are usually limited, and most of the time they cost the same as the regular release.

Are 3D TV's worth it? I saw Captain American and The Hobbit in the theater in 3D and have never gone back to it in any form.

I feel like there's probably a thread for this.

If you like 3D, yeah. :lol: It's not for everyone, and not every 3D movie is great, but for the most part I enjoy it.

And there is :awesomeface:

3D is shit.

Disagree, but I guess you have already made up your mind.
Yeah, it's funny how after seeing something numerous times and thinking it's fucking shite you somehow form the opinion that it's fucking shite. :shrugs: Go figure huh? :lol: Edited by Dazey

3D is shit.

Disagree, but I guess you have already made up your mind.
Yeah, it's funny how after seeing something numerous times and thinking it's fucking shite you somehow form the opinion that it's fucking shite. :shrugs: Go figure huh? :lol:

Unless you have watched every single movie that has been released in 3D format, then it doesn't make any sense. There are movies where 3D works, and others where simply don't. "3D is shit" is a very generic response.