MAD MAX: Fury Road

Zint

Eh. I'll watch it in 2D when it's on Blu Ray. Closest IMAX theater showing it is Toronto - 3 hours away. Maybe I'll see it there if they're still showing it when I go up for Rush in a few weeks, but that doesn't seem likely.

I'm seeing it this Friday because I'm not sure how life it has in IMAX. There are several IMAX screens in Toronto and only one that's showing it.

I almost enjoyed my second viewing more than the first.

I found on the second viewing when you're not so immersed in the spectacle of the film, you can really take in the world of the film more. The first thing that caught me is that so many of the War Boys' quotes didn't even register with me the first time. But this time, seeing one of them scream "Witness me!" with all the others chanting "Witness him!" before he jumped to his death, it almost sent a chill down my spine. The next thing I noticed is the amazing job done by the makeup department on the deformities everyone has. Of course the obvious ones jump out on the first viewing - Joe's back, Nux's tumors, the People Eater's feet, etc. But everywhere you look in the foreground/background you're noticing more stand-ins with amazing detail as well, especially in the post-title sequence with Joe addressing his people in the Citadel. Speaking of Joe, despite the fact that he's a cult of personality, his realm seems fairly orderly (Other than the fighting over water of course).

Also, I can't be the only person who's extremely curious and intrigued by the crow people in the swamp, can I? I want to see more of them so fucking bad.

• Like 2

I found on the second viewing when you're not so immersed in the spectacle of the film, you can really take in the world of the film more. The first thing that caught me is that so many of the War Boys' quotes didn't even register with me the first time. But this time, seeing one of them scream "Witness me!" with all the others chanting "Witness him!" before he jumped to his death, it almost sent a chill down my spine. The next thing I noticed is the amazing job done by the makeup department on the deformities everyone has. Of course the obvious ones jump out on the first viewing - Joe's back, Nux's tumors, the People Eater's feet, etc. But everywhere you look in the foreground/background you're noticing more stand-ins with amazing detail as well, especially in the post-title sequence with Joe addressing his people in the Citadel. Speaking of Joe, despite the fact that he's a cult of personality, his realm seems fairly orderly (Other than the fighting over water of course).

Also, I can't be the only person who's extremely curious and intrigued by the crow people in the swamp, can I? I want to see more of them so fucking bad.

Agree except the part about the crow people. They were cool, but a big part of that for me was the mystery. That's why I don't want to see a prequel about Furiosa; I really liked her as a character, but I think her past is best left alone.

Agree except the part about the crow people. They were cool, but a big part of that for me was the mystery. That's why I don't want to see a prequel about Furiosa; I really liked her as a character, but I think her past is best left alone.

Oh, I agree completely that the reason the crow people are awesome is we see them for one second and literally don't know anything about them - but that doesn't stop me from wanting more if that makes any sense :lol:

I have nothing against the idea of a prequel, but I don't particularly want to see Furiosa in it either. Besides the fact that it would be detrimental to her character, it would be forced since it's fairly obvious her and Max's paths have never crossed before. I do like the idea of Joe being in a prequel though - I would like to see more of him, and I tend to believe there may be some sort of history between him and Max since he was being chased by the War Boys in the opening scene of the film.

• Like 1

I agree with almost all of this. Except, I actually enjoyed the movie far more the second time than the first. The first time around I found myself trying to keep up and catch as much as I can. The action sequences are presented at such a lightening pace that it made my head spin the first time around. Found myself a little more relaxed and able to take it all in the second time around. Unfortunately I missed the IMAX screening by one day. Went on a Friday and they had replaced the IMAX presentation of Mad Max with San Andreas. So I ended up seeing it in 3D, which was actually pretty awesome.

I hope more people see the film as I really want a sequel.

• Like 1

I saw it last night and that was more than enough as I have absolutely zero desire to ever see it again. If you are into 2 hour unrealistic car chases then this movie will blow your mind. If you look for substance, character development, storyline, interesting dialogue, etc etc then you might as well skip this movie because it is completely voicd of any of that. I knew what it was going to be but I went with friends so.......

Aside from the pretty awesome cinematography, and music I honestly dont see how anyone could enjoy this type of movie.

Edited by Bono

I saw it last night and that was more than enough as I have absolutely zero desire to ever see it again. If you are into 2 hour unrealistic car chases then this movie will blow your mind. If you look for substance, character development, storyline, interesting dialogue, etc etc then you might as well skip this movie because it is completely voicd of any of that. I knew what it was going to be but I went with friends so.......

Aside from the pretty awesome cinematography, and music I honestly dont see how anyone could enjoy this type of movie.

Pretty much how the rest of us feel about a U2 concert but each to their own eh? :lol:

Pretty much how the rest of us feel about a U2 concert but each to their own eh? :lol:

It's funny how some of you goofs resort to that shit every single time. You're so insecure with what it is you enjoy that the moment I express an opinion that differs from yours you immediately try to change the subject to U2 and how shitty you think they are. It's rather pathetic. How about not being so fucking lame and just own the fact you like the movie because Newsflash! U2 has NOTHING to do with this but if it helps you justify your love for Mad Max: Fury Road by all means bash U2.

But if you read closer you'll notice I did give Mad Max praise for the awesome music..... kinda like a U2 concert ya know. Suck on that!

Edited by Bono

I like a good story with well written characters as much as the next guy, but I also like a good action film. I feel a lot of action films try to over-complicate things with a plot. Mad Max keeps things simple. It is a road movie and you are taken along for the ride. So close up your asshole and just enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...