Ebola

magisme

When the guy from Minnesota was throwing up and had diarrhea on the one flight there were 50 people on it. They interviewed them, told them the symptoms of Ebola then LET THEM GO ON THEIR WAY! The guy died five days later. I'm with you on this one Magisme. This can spread far and fast. It was isolated in where, the Congo for the longest and now it's spreading into mainstream advanced countries in Africa. I live in a suburb of a city of four million with an international airport about 20 minutes away. This is a very real concern for me.

Assuming you live in a country with decent healthcare and where people have adequate hygiene, this shouldn't be a concern to you. This virus only spreads through direct contact with body fluids, and not through air. There is a reason why this disease only is a problem in malfunctioning countries, it will be efficiently stopped in western countries. You can safely go back to being afraid of dying of the flu (which kills 40 000 in the US every year) or in a car crash (which kills more than 30 000 in the US every year).

Smoking cigarettes kills more Americans every year combined.

I'd rather rather die of smoking than getting eaten by a virus.

One day a virus will get us though. Code orange. Or lemon yellow. What if a terrorist gets a virus and sets it free in NYC where will Spideman be they is no Spider-Man to fight the virus.

Now what was it Mags and I were talking about on August 5th?
Your terror strike on Wendy's?

Exactly! :) They stopped putting the crunchy pickles on their hamburgers. I knew that wouldn't last... pfft
Ebola probably came from Big Macs. I strapped one on and ran into Carl's Jr. Security tazzered me, CD II ! Round 3!

Stick with Five Guys Burgers. They're probably the safest. Ebola originated from fruit bats. That's probably a main ingredient in Big Macs. What's this strap on you speak of? Going to bed now. You must tell me all about it tomorrow.

And another thing - St. Louis - another cop - off duty working as a "rent-a-cop" just gunned down another 18 y/o black boy that was running away from him. So St. Louis isn't looking too good right now. How does that compare to Africa - the continent? So something should eventually get St. Louis, whether it be Ebola, starvation, AIDS, rebels/war lords, army? St. Louis is not looking good and it's because of the crazy ass white cops!

You can't just dismiss the entire continent of Africa. Many parts of Africa are more civilized than many parts of the US and many parts of the UK. Life is valuable no matter where it is.

Mostly black population, guns everywhere, unjust death and an all around lawless society...they sound pretty similar to me.

Pickles on hamburgers.......never understood that flavor combination.

This ^^^^^^ Cheese and meat with some sauce. What more is needed?

It's perfectly OK to throw a couple pieces of bacon on there if you'd like.

what kind of cheese do you like?

Bacon's good. I LOVE cheese and the stinkier the better for normal consumption. A good Stilton that melts your face is my favourite to eat normally but for a burger it's got to be crap, processed, plastic American cheese. :lol:
  • Like 1

plays out like the Contagion movie.

Gotta have something to make us fear for our lives. In my line of work We call it the Chicken Little Syndrome. Is it real??. to a degree. It behooves us to keep our health in mind.

Is it a distractor from the events that are playing out in the world.?.. to a degree , absolutely. People are less inclined to fight back if theres a disease out there that will rot your guts out. Rest assured the government will ensure that every measure to contain it will be utilized..including maditory vaccination.

Will someone somewhere make billions on the vaccination... bet your life on it.

• Like 1

Pickles on hamburgers.......never understood that flavor combination.

This ^^^^^^ Cheese and meat with some sauce. What more is needed?
Something crunchy for texture purposes, hence the pickles.
The only crunchy thing on a burger should be bacon.
  • Like 2

No they don't. Another case in Dallas.

I don't understand how they saved that doctor who was taking care of people in Africa and yet the guy who came here to get married died in a matter of days?

If Dallas doesn't get this under control soon, there's going to be a widespread panic in the streets.

I wonder if it's affecting the fair? I'm going Wednesday with my family. It'll be interesting to see how crowded it is. usually thousands of people from all over the world visit the Texas fair every year. The food is so damn good.

No they don't. Another case in Dallas.

I don't understand how they saved that doctor who was taking care of people in Africa and yet the guy who came here to get married died in a matter of days?

If Dallas doesn't get this under control soon, there's going to be a widespread panic in the streets.

I wonder if it's affecting the fair? I'm going Wednesday with my family. It'll be interesting to see how crowded it is. usually thousands of people from all over the world visit the Texas fair every year. The food is so damn good.

Don't share a funnel cake with anyone.

There's going to be widespread panic because of what exactly? About 200 000 Americans die per year from infectious diseases. Two hundred thousands. So far, out of these, 0.001 % are due to Ebola. Get a grip.