Goodbye Ron (???)

How do things stand at the moment ? Can someone please make a review ?

Thanks

Well the review is that we all really have no idea but all signs point toward Ron leaving the band, but being elusive about it.

i hope ron doesn't leave. could set things back like the remix chinese cd and cd number 2 from being released!

Thanks

Well the review is that we all really have no idea but all signs point toward Ron leaving the band, but being elusive about it.

maybe it would be better to lock this thread until there's a confirmation that he's leaving.

threads like this are pure speculation.

Thanks

maybe it would be better to lock this thread until there's a confirmation that he's leaving.

threads like this are pure speculation.

That's what the (???) are for at the end of the thread title. This is worthy of discussion IMO.

He wants more money? I think he makes more in a month than I do in a year...

I really have no doubt that he's made more money than he ever would or could have made before joining Guns. Personally, I'd be surprised all these hissy fits of his were for financial reasons. He may have just had enough, and that's ok. Slash had enough, Duff had enough, Bucket had enough, Finck had enough etc. It's frustrating enough to be a mere fan of this band, I can't imagine what the frustration level must be like as a member.

ITA with this. He's been public about his gripes with management, and they haven't been about money. I'd be surprised if this was about that. I would NOT be surprised if BBF was frustrated because he couldn't get a straight answer from TB on the plans for the rest of the year, and threw in the towel because of that. We've also heard other band members say that they THINK the band is on hiatus. If that's the case, and BBF can't get any straight answers on when and where things are happening, etc. he might have really ended up saying "well, I can't put everything on hold for you guys and cancel my own gigs again when you decide to play somewhere."

I liked GnR before Ron and I will probably still go see them when and if he's not there - but he's brought a lot to the band and it would be very disappointing to see him go. And it would be even MORE disappointing if he went because he couldn't get any information fron TB that would allow him to figure out his scheduling. That's something that would seem to be easily remedied.

Also, I do find it hard to believe that there's no contract. Even someone working as an extra for a day on a film or singing backup in a concert for the night has a contract. I can't see Axl inviting everyone onstage with him and hashing out payment details with verbal agreements and handshakes. Contracts are a basic CYA thing.

Edited by stella

I wonder if Axl has ever discussed progressing the band with BBF even once in 7 years, we can suppose BBF's prodded him toward backwards progress as he finds it excruciating to go forward but how did the conversations about Estranged, Don't Cry and Yesterdays, TWAT, Prostitute go?

Wonder if he pushed his luck after Prostitute in Vegas;

'See, that wasn't so bad, and the fanbois loved it, now how about we get in the studio next month?'

Axl=

cohagen-on-mars-o.gif

• Like 1

Well, we know that if this story was utter falsehood that Ron would have denied it by now.

I'm not saying he is leaving (yes that is exactly what I'm saying) but there is a good chance that he could still be trying to work things out with Ax before he truly calls it a day, and that could be what is delaying his response.

• Like 1

When I worked at Pizza Hut when I was younger, it annoyed me that I wouldn't get my work schedule for the next week in advance enough to make plans. Now imagine that work week was a 6 month tour. It's frustrating as shit.

• Like 2

perhaps GNR is not the main job for all members except axl.

DJ is a business man and the others work on their own side project

I see them sending ideas to axl during the week and meet the others on sunday for rehearsal !

they record when they want and go on tour when it is booked by management.

no pressure, no contracts maybe , just rock n' fun

:headbang:

I laugh at people saying "This could delay the release of..." As for the rest if he's in or out, who gives a shit, really? GnR will never have a steady line up as long as Axl's still the frontman.

I laugh at people saying "This could delay the release of..."

Totally agree with this. I know I've said this once in the thread already, but I can't stress it enough: If Ron is out, I'll be shocked if GN'R's announcement doesn't make it sound like "big things were coming" that can't happen now because Ron quit.

Totally agree with this. I know I've said this once in the thread already, but I can't stress it enough: If Ron is out, I'll be shocked if GN'R's announcement doesn't make it sound like "big things were coming" that can't happen now because Ron quit.

Only willing fools and actual fools will believe them.

Yep.

I went for it once before when Bucket quit and never again after that.

Yep.

Has it happened since then?

Yep.

I'm saying that I wouldn't go for it if they do that if/when they announce Ron left. I have no doubt that they'll go that route.

Yep.

I'm saying that I wouldn't go for it if they do that if/when they announce Ron left. I have no doubt that they'll go that route.

I see. Thought I missed something for a moment.

who would have thought that updating your profile could spur a 22 page discussion? I think we all need to be patient on this one. It will figure itself out.

Edited by cooker

Yep.

Fool me once, shame on you...

It's clear what has and what will happen.

Ron turned in his papers before the Vegas run and is effectively of the band.

Don't hold your breath for an official announcement anytime soon. It will bring too many headaches.

They will just stay on hiatus until they find a replacement for the newest replacement to walk out on Axl.