Goodbye Ron (???)

I'm not accusing anybody of lying, but I do find it hard to believe that an entity of GNR's magnitude doesn't have some kind of contracts in place for it's employees. They can just leave Axl high and dry whenever they want? Management books shows, and the guys can just say "Nah. Suck an egg." and blow it out of the water willy nilly? That's incredibly unorthodox. And just insanely unprofessional.

• Like 1

Hopefully Ron has communicated to TB that he is unwilling to continue touring without the band recording new material first.

Not that Axl would ever in a million years be strong-armed into anything, but worth a shot I guess...

Edited by Towelie

Ron has a contract? Well I be damned! *that will go over so many heads*

The guys have not been under contract for years. Source: the guys.

So you're saying band members have told you they don't have contracts?

It´s very hard to believe that they don´t have contracts. They are far from being a garage band.

I'm not accusing anybody of lying, but I do find it hard to believe that an entity of GNR's magnitude doesn't have some kind of contracts in place for it's employees. They can just leave Axl high and dry whenever they want? Management books shows, and the guys can just say "Nah. Suck an egg." and blow it out of the water willy nilly? That's incredibly unorthodox. And just insanely unprofessional.

And what about non-disclosure agreements? Surely the band members have signed some contracts preventing them from disclosing unreleased music and from sharing "trade secrets" that could hurt the band? Hell, Axl even forced interviewers into signing agreements back in the 90s before agreeing to interviews. There is simply too much money involved to allow such liabilities as band members who haven't signed agreements.

Of course they will have contracts. MSL speaks a load of bollocks. They might be short term contracts but there will be some sort of legal relationship in place. I mean Axl himself is addicted to litigation so you just know he will have contracts in place.

• Like 1

I thought Ron was the one who doesn't bullshit the fans.

I still think that he's in the right here if he is out. As I said before, he's always had a "It's not my place to announce GN'Rs business" stance. If he left the group, I would imagine he'll let them announce it whenever they want.

• Like 1

The weird thing about his situation is that it could really easily be cleared up in thirty seconds.

All BBF has to do is tweet or twitter or facebook or myspace or instagram or whatever a one or two sentence message.

"Proud member of GnR, can't wait for the next album and tour"

But instead he makes these posts that can be interpreted or misinterpreted several different ways.

Bumblefoot is too smart for this to not be deliberate. I can't think of a better explanation than him wanting to send a clear signal to the management/Axl that they can't take him for granted in the future and that they might have to change things for him to continue in the band. Unfortunately by playing this out in public, he hurts everyone who is a fan of him being in the band. I think it would be better of he had done all this in direct communication with the band, rather than through social media, and when whatever he attempts to achieve had been resolved, he could be as frank and open with his fans as he likes to claim he is. And unfortunately, given his intelligence, I land on the explanation that he plays this game out in the open because he draws some thrill from the drama it creates, hence killing two birds with one stone.

Maybe he had done this before? He might had tried to speak with Axl or the management...

That said, I don't think Ron is out. People go crazy about ... nothing.

I still think that he's in the right here if he is out. As I said before, he's always had a "It's not my place to announce GN'Rs business" stance. If he left the group, I would imagine he'll let them announce it whenever they want.

I don't completely follow that logic. How is it only GNR's business? He's Ron B. F. Thal. It's his life. It's his career. It's very much his business whether he's a guitarist in GNR.

I don't completely follow that logic. How is it only GNR's business? He's Ron B. F. Thal. It's his life. It's his career. It's very much his business whether he's a guitarist in GNR.

I hear that. It's just a thought I had. He could be pulling a power play, messing with people or any number of things....

One thing is for sure though; if he does leave, the press release from GN'R will make it clear that it's his fault that GN'R can't move forward with some "big plans" :rolleyes:

It's like people who works in facrorys. They are doing what they are told without having the possibility to decide anything

We can assume Ron is either bargaining the only way he can for better conditions, i.e cash, creative opportunities, communication, lenience in solo pursuits, treated better than ashba OR he is in fact leaving but something in his contract does not allow him to mention ANYTHING for fear of being sued out his ass. I doubt he's solely doing this for twisted attention, he surely desires getting Team Brazil's attention. Why they cannot talk normally or Axl have a heart to heart... lord knows, but they don't even seem able to jam some ideas and put an EP out which would take a few weeks for a band of such supreme talent.

He has gained a lot of exposure so could probably support himself via his solo efforts, the money from GNR touring will have been lucrative, touring the world to thousands of fans in big arenas and luxury hotels, secure markets with the brand name... these are all dream scenarios with one problem - you tour ancient songs by a long dead band and are just being a masquerade led by captain ahab who once had a vision, that he was kinda fulfilling until 2011... you know you and the other guys have more than enough ability to continue the evolution and become a GNR line up with something to add to the tapestry, you know Axl Rose is the kinda singer you put in your top 3 potential frontman lists... yet he continues to regress and insult your talents and loyalty by degrading your creativity for years and years on end, plus the management is a weird situation and the guy refuses to even entertain thoughts of jamming with you let alone discussing progression... what do ya do?

• Like 1

He wants more money? I think he makes more in a month than I do in a year...

I really have no doubt that he's made more money than he ever would or could have made before joining Guns. Personally, I'd be surprised all these hissy fits of his were for financial reasons. He may have just had enough, and that's ok. Slash had enough, Duff had enough, Bucket had enough, Finck had enough etc. It's frustrating enough to be a mere fan of this band, I can't imagine what the frustration level must be like as a member.

I don't care one way or the other if Ron is out. He's not the reason I became a fan of this band, and he's not the reason I continue to follow them all these years later. So if he's leaving then leave, and don't be such a drama queen about it. As much as I was never a fan of Bucket or Finck either, at least they went out quietly and with their dignity in tact. I assume they came to the realization that ultimately they really were just employees and viewed as nothing more than replacements for the classic line up, paid to appease Axl's whims. And no matter what they did or were told to do, they would only be a small footnote in a GNR legacy that will always be credited to others. The sooner Ron realizes what his role in this band really was, the better off he will be.

• Like 1

The fact that Ashba is being paid more than Ron is a disgrace.

Yes that is a fact! Much more

That is pure speculation that DJ makes more. In fact I don't think that has anything to do with Ron's relationship in the band IMO