Goodbye Ron (???)

If they haven't done anything at all since the CD sessions then it won't delay jack shit, but I'm sure we'll have lost a whole valley of potential with a new guy having to come in and learn everything and take time to feel comfortable in the new position and another few years to ponder potential GNR ideas between the aimless touring, with Ron we have the exact opposite of that... and god forbid if they have recorded things between, the chemistry of the guys is also very good onstage, this is a huge wheel to play off when it comes to this band going to the next level, they play the shit out of things and have done for a long time, I think if BBF stays and we get a record it'll be sublime.

• Like 1

Bumblefoot appears to have updated his biography, generally, and does not offer real indication that he has left.

"Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal
Solo artist, producer, lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses (2006 - 2014)

Bumblefoot has over 20 years of releasing music, international festivals & headlining solo tours, and many 'Album Of the Month/Year' awards and front covers of music magazines. Lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses since 2006, Bumblefoot has toured sold-out shows in over 50 countries, headlining festivals with cr...
owds of 150,000. Bumblefoot's unique 'fretless guitar' can be heard throughout GNR's 2008 Chinese Democracy album. In 2011 Bumblefoot released an innovative digital song-a-month series that include transcriptions and backing tracks for guitarists and recording stems for re-mixers, including a cover of “The Pink Panther Theme” featuring members of Guns N' Roses. In 2014 Bumblefoot finished a South American tour and second Las Vegas residency with Guns N' Roses, followed by the Bumblefoot 'Guitar Gods' tour of North American alongside Yngwie Malmsteen and Gary Hoey. Guns N' Roses released "Appetite For Democracy 3D", the first official live concert film since 1992’s Use Your Illusion concert video, holding an immediate #1 spot on the Billboard charts upon its release (July 2014). The concert video includes Bumblefoot performing his original song "Objectify" (from the Bumblefoot "Abnormal" CD). Bumblefoot is currently writing his next solo album, aiming for an end-of-2014 release."
The wording offers that Bumblefoot is a current lead guitarist of GN'R, but as of now, the band are not active, and BBF as a solo artist, is. If Guns are currently inactive and on a haitus, then one could consider it correct the way BBF has dated his bio

i don't think there's anything to discuss here. it's very easy for bbf to say whether he's leaving or staying. since he didn't say anything, it means he's still axl's employee.

On the other hand, he wouldn't be the first guy to not say a thing, even after leaving.

i don't think there's anything to discuss here. it's very easy for bbf to say whether he's leaving or staying. since he didn't say anything, it means he's still axl's employee.

On the other hand, he wouldn't be the first guy to not say a thing, even after leaving.

guess what...staying calm is part of the contract. thats why we never heard anything from former nugnr members.

I laugh at people saying "This could delay the release of..."

Totally agree with this. I know I've said this once in the thread already, but I can't stress it enough: If Ron is out, I'll be shocked if GN'R's announcement doesn't make it sound like "big things were coming" that can't happen now because Ron quit.

The best press release was when they blamed buckethead

Look at Buckethead's productivity, the guy can write 50 diverse tracks easily, in his fucking sleep... and we might only have 20 tracks he features on alongside Axl, 75% of them he'll just have a lead credit cause I doubt he got down in a studio and wrote more many songs with Axl and the other guys, that's criminal. Then letting Bumblefoot leave without even granting him license to record a solo on a track he's ACTUALLY heard... we heard about him composing CD additions having no idea what the rest of the tracks sounded like cause the studio guys were worried about leaks... then his recent admission he has no idea of the Atlas Shrugged status despite playing a solo on it... Axl will not sleep well if he has lost three outstanding guitarists due to his own flaws...

I laugh at people saying "This could delay the release of..."

Totally agree with this. I know I've said this once in the thread already, but I can't stress it enough: If Ron is out, I'll be shocked if GN'R's announcement doesn't make it sound like "big things were coming" that can't happen now because Ron quit.

The best press release was when they blamed buckethead

Yeah, that was comical. Damn that Buckethead.

I'm not saying he is leaving (yes that is exactly what I'm saying) but there is a good chance that he could still be trying to work things out with Ax before he truly calls it a day, and that could be what is delaying his response.

In other words, he's doing a passive-aggressive crybaby scene on the internet to get Axl's attention? That's really stupid. I truly doubt he will be able to sort things out with Rose, things haven't changed since 2006. He's still playing material other people wrote.

Bumblefoot is starting to remind me of Miser. Must be a Brooklyn thing.

Ron says nothing and it reminds you of Miser? Care to elaborate on this one? I always wanted Miser to just shut the fuck up.

Well doesn't Ron make it seem like he is going to leave all the time?

Ron says nothing and it reminds you of Miser? Care to elaborate on this one? I always wanted Miser to just shut the fuck up.

It's pretty much the forums that make it seem that way

• Like 1

The current state of this situation probably goes something like this:

Bumblefoot will be informed that GNR has planned to play in Mexico in November. His response will determine his status in the band.

More than likely GNR will plan a show and cancel it if bumble says no, that way he's the bad guy and it's known he's out of the band. Knowing bumble he'll agree to play and the show will go on for the fans.

Not to me. I still haven't seen him say anything that makes me think he is. Then again, I really don't care one way or the other so maybe I don't nitpick what he says as well as others might.

I find it funny that a topic about hw one of the main guitarist for Guns N' Roses may be leaving the band, and it only has 23 pages.

Shows you how much people are interested in GN'R at the moment.

You mean the same thread that we've had 15 times and still have no concrete evidence for to warrant it's existence? Yes, shocking that it's not 300,057,391,062 pages by now. Absolutely shocking.

Bingo. It's the exact same thread that's been made about 6 times already this year, each time Ron does something that seems to suggest that his time in the band is coming to a close.

• Like 1

I find it funny that a topic about hw one of the main guitarist for Guns N' Roses may be leaving the band, and it only has 23 pages.

Shows you how much people are interested in GN'R at the moment.

Well, let's be honest. When a band that has had this many members, just tours occasionally and doesn't do anything else anyway it doesn't really matter who's in or out. Guns n Roses had become a solo project for Axl in which he works with a huge variety of musicians. They just never formally announced it.

New Theory:

BBF has officially quit through his TB channels. TB requested that they be allowed to make the announcement. BBF said fine. TB is scared shitless to tell Axl since Axl lives in bubble protected la-la land and is unaware that anything is going down, hence limbo.

• Like 2

I can't speak for all the nuGuns fans that think this "band" is the greatest fucking thing on the planet.......but I personally couldn't give two flaming shits which session musicians are standing on stage with Axl during his nostalgia shows.

He could come out there with like 7 totally new dudes backing him and most of the audience wouldn't even notice.

(Cept in Brazil.)