Brainstorming a Bumble replacement

It's so hard to take a six figure pay check and be happy these days. What I about my artistic integrity that nobody cares about?

Rovim is going to stop trying to be wasted soon, right?

Never.

My posts, my posts have been around a long, long time. If I cood type in green...
  • Like 1

I say don't even bother, why replace him? So that they could do a new residency? They (he) will not record anything new anyways, they (he) do not even put out CD2 and CD3 which are ready to go over-produced to bits like CD1 (allthou I love the album)... It is just over as an interesting band that creates new.... My only hope is that Tommy would be out as well and would permanently be replaced by Duff, I have faith the he could spark something up - these hired hands cant, it has been seen. The state of the band is sad.

If Duff were to permanently rejoin it would still happen on Axl's terms (he'd be a hired hand like he was last spring)

So for Duff, there's zero incentive if it's on "Axl's terms", especially when he has 3 bands and VR being a remote possible 4th. Maybe GNR turns into a band that does a handful of festivals and club dates, and unless they do a reunion, Duff has no reason to rejoin.

I think Duff and Izzy open up the possibility for new songs in the studio and getting some of the old attitude back into the songs.

• Like 1

I say don't even bother, why replace him? So that they could do a new residency? They (he) will not record anything new anyways, they (he) do not even put out CD2 and CD3 which are ready to go over-produced to bits like CD1 (allthou I love the album)... It is just over as an interesting band that creates new.... My only hope is that Tommy would be out as well and would permanently be replaced by Duff, I have faith the he could spark something up - these hired hands cant, it has been seen. The state of the band is sad.

If Duff were to permanently rejoin it would still happen on Axl's terms (he'd be a hired hand like he was last spring)

So for Duff, there's zero incentive if it's on "Axl's terms", especially when he has 3 bands and VR being a remote possible 4th. Maybe GNR turns into a band that does a handful of festivals and club dates, and unless they do a reunion, Duff has no reason to rejoin.

I think Duff and Izzy open up the possibility for new songs in the studio and getting some of the old attitude back into the songs.

That sounds about right- except (I think) you oughta drop the "Maybe" and go with "turned" rather than "turns".

As for "new songs in the studio"- well, until he proves anyone wrong- this seems to be a long shot.

I wouldn't say zero incentive. Duff seemed really happy to play full shows with Axl again. Even helping him out with the Chinese material. The experience was positive for both sides. And you know...it's Axl n' Duff again, after all those years cracking jokes and being less bloated. It looked like he had a ton of fun.

I wouldn't say zero incentive. Duff seemed really happy to play full shows with Axl again. Even helping him out with the Chinese material. The experience was positive for both sides. And you know...it's Axl n' Duff again, after all those years cracking jokes and being less bloated. It looked like he had a ton of fun.

It's more of a response to "on Axl's terms" and what's expected if he replaced Tommy.

He's still a business partner in GNR with Slash and Axl so his situation is different than if Matt or Izzy stepped back into the band. Even Axl said a "reunion" would be Slash, Duff and himself (nothing against Steven and Izzy). Duff and Matt have been a solid rhythm section for a long time so if Duff did rejoin, odds are he'd want Matt in and that would only happen if Frank left. Then you have Frank and Richard working together for almost as long as Matt and Duff have *L*.

It's more of a response to "on Axl's terms" and what's expected if he replaced Tommy.

He's still a business partner in GNR with Slash and Axl so his situation is different than if Matt or Izzy stepped back into the band. Even Axl said a "reunion" would be Slash, Duff and himself (nothing against Steven and Izzy). Duff and Matt have been a solid rhythm section for a long time so if Duff did rejoin, odds are he'd want Matt in and that would only happen if Frank left. Then you have Frank and Richard working together for almost as long as Matt and Duff have *L*.

I believe we have not seen the full extent of Axl's renewed fondness for Duff. And duff will probably agree to something "reasonable" cause he's normal, unlike Axl. And it's less about ego with him cause he's the bigger man. I respect that.

axl plus duff = understated magic many people are not aware of. Do you know what power Duff has over Axl? it's that old guns magic.

My fucked up dumb guess: Axl wil let him enter a studio and Duff will fuckin' kill it on 2 to 3 songs. He'll just make it better. Probably will never happen, but maybe it will. Even working on old Chinese shit.

Get Frusciante in just because an Axl/Fru combination would be insane (of course Frusciante left the Chilis to focus on solo work and step away from the massive touring and Axl is not the most productive of chaps so this has a minus chance of ever happening in a sane world) but let's pretend it occurred and Axl suddenly found his mojo... beautiful stuff could happen. It could've happened for several more records with Buckethead and Finck, it could've happened with the strange but undeniable talents of Bumblefoot... why would it happen with the next guy who comes in? Ashba was a pretty radical downgrade so god knows who's available next, why would Axl change though? He'd surely take three tours to even get close to recording if another guy comes in. Bumblefoot tried everything from what we know, to get Axl switching the setlist up, who knows what conversations he had or intended to have if he could've got hold of the guy.

Eventually it has to happen if they keep touring. Although they could just do another ACDC cover and dust off Dead Horse.

Not with this band.
Why not they've done it before? Riff Raff and Estranged were added.

A new cover and a new 20 yr old song? why bother.

why not play one of these mythical new songs we've heard so much about? Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac.

any of those would be preferable than a new cover or breaking out some Illusion track