Brainstorming a Bumble replacement

I don't see Frusciante having the patience to deal with GNR.

My vote has always been for John Sykes. Very talented, heavy player with a pretty distinguished background for bands like Thin Lizzy and Whitesnake. Only problem is that he kinda takes control of whatever project he's in and may not be the best fit personality wise. I'd see him working great with Richard, but he'd probably shame DJ off of the stage.

Edited by IRanOutOfIdeas

Frusciante?

Tricky. Axl will want a new shredmaster. The problem with shredmasters is that sometimes that's all they can do. You need the Gn'R approach, and the shreds to top it all off.

Besides, Frusciante will get bored as shit. That's not where his interests lie anymore (or ever?)

Yeah I think if Axl was going to make another record, like Ode to California or Malibu Driftwood, Frusciante might be able to help.

But I think Dj is the golden boy. After the follow up maybe he will write Sinners of Sunset with Axl.

Even if Axl doesn't go for the almost hair metal/sleazy shit again, he was and still is a sucker for that melodic 80's vibe DJ provides. That can open shit up for death by ballads, soaring choruses (maybe the opposite of Chinese) and emo treatments that work well with Axl melodies since DJ is a huge Slash follower.

Dj would just provide a more commercial modern hard rock sound to a self titled record. Livin' the Dream!

I can see that happening. Every song will shine like a thousand emo suns. So not too bright. Kinda like DJ. But the chorus for Ballad Of Death is pretty cool, don't you think? I'm not a DJ fan by any stretch of the imagination, but maybe Axl can put whatever DJ brings to the table to good use. He has that ability with pretty much anyone who inspires him. It's like you don't even have to be talented, just inspire Axl, and he'll roll with it and make something great out of it. I don't think that made sense but yeah.

Dj can give the record a sound or whatever. I agree Ron is more the metal edge.

Tom Morello is my pick to rework Heavens Door for the 2015 tour. Just that would be worth seeing hearing feel. Axl on Know Your Enemy encore too.

Frusciante?

Tricky. Axl will want a new shredmaster. The problem with shredmasters is that sometimes that's all they can do. You need the Gn'R approach, and the shreds to top it all off.

Besides, Frusciante will get bored as shit. That's not where his interests lie anymore (or ever?)

Yeah I think if Axl was going to make another record, like Ode to California or Malibu Driftwood, Frusciante might be able to help.

But I think Dj is the golden boy. After the follow up maybe he will write Sinners of Sunset with Axl.

Even if Axl doesn't go for the almost hair metal/sleazy shit again, he was and still is a sucker for that melodic 80's vibe DJ provides. That can open shit up for death by ballads, soaring choruses (maybe the opposite of Chinese) and emo treatments that work well with Axl melodies since DJ is a huge Slash follower.

Dj would just provide a more commercial modern hard rock sound to a self titled record. Livin' the Dream!

I can see that happening. Every song will shine like a thousand emo suns. So not too bright. Kinda like DJ. But the chorus for Ballad Of Death is pretty cool, don't you think? I'm not a DJ fan by any stretch of the imagination, but maybe Axl can put whatever DJ brings to the table to good use. He has that ability with pretty much anyone who inspires him. It's like you don't even have to be talented, just inspire Axl, and he'll roll with it and make something great out of it. I don't think that made sense but yeah.

Dj can give the record a sound or whatever. I agree Ron is more the metal edge.

Tom Morello is my pick to rework Heavens Door for the 2015 tour. Just that would be worth seeing hearing feel. Axl on Know Your Enemy encore too.

Didn't like DJ's studio take on Better, but he totally has that ability to give a record a distinct sound. He can sell it. Whatever Axl requires. When you really think about it, it can work like...Axl's interests are making it epic and complex at least with production and all the little pieces and little riffs and melodies. DJ can simplify it to something people can dance to. Catchy choruses, melodic, with a Slash like sound. Could work, if Axl ever gets around to releasing a fresh record. (lol)

The most likely scenario is it's someone we've never heard of. GnR don't need our help to find a replacement, when the time comes that they need someone they put out feelers to different friends in the industry like Satch and he says "check this guy out". I think if GnR were actually looking for a new guitar player, it would be a little less secretive.

Why don't you send a PM to the GnR facebook account if you have a great idea, maybe... quite unlikely! but maybe they'll get back to you.

Maybe we should all send messages to the GnR facebook account asking for an update on the 'Finished album' waiting to be released. whoever wants to write that message I'll happily resend it!

The most likely scenario is it's someone we've never heard of. GnR don't need our help to find a replacement, when the time comes that they need someone they put out feelers to different friends in the industry like Satch and he says "check this guy out". I think if GnR were actually looking for a new guitar player, it would be a little less secretive.

Why don't you send a PM to the GnR facebook account if you have a great idea, maybe... quite unlikely! but maybe they'll get back to you.

Maybe we should all send messages to the GnR facebook account asking for an update on the 'Finished album' waiting to be released. whoever wants to write that message I'll happily resend it!

It's really cool how we can just think of most likely scenarios instead of the same old boring shit. You know...getting updates about new music or confirmation about who's in the band or not. It's fun to guess. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rovim

Dj has a kind of baroque gothic haunted house style so it seems perfect for an Axl haunted love song. Vlad Drac playing piano then Dj with Ballad of Death type solo. Pitman on Tonight's the Night organ.

Instead of DJ standing on the piano all iconic and shit like Slash, the crew can just tie the piano with ropes, suspended in the air and just when Dj will play the last note of Ballad Of Death, someone will cut the ropes and it will drop on Dj's head clearing the way for Robin to jump out of the piano saying: "Tada!", taking a bow and right to Better.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Dj has a kind of baroque gothic haunted house style so it seems perfect for an Axl haunted love song. Vlad Drac playing piano then Dj with Ballad of Death type solo. Pitman on Tonight's the Night organ.

Instead of DJ standing on the piano all iconic and shit like Slash, the crew can just tie the piano with ropes, suspended in the air and just when Dj will play the last note of Ballad Of Death, someone will cut the ropes and it will drop on Dj's head clearing the way for Robin to jump out of the piano saying: "Tada!", taking a bow and right to Better.

Livin' the Dream is a dead certain for CD II.

Certain Death II aka Over My Dead Body is better late than never.

Livin' the Dream is a dead certain for CD II.

Certain Death II aka Over My Dead Body is better late than never.

• Like 2

I say don't even bother, why replace him? So that they could do a new residency? They (he) will not record anything new anyways, they (he) do not even put out CD2 and CD3 which are ready to go over-produced to bits like CD1 (allthou I love the album)... It is just over as an interesting band that creates new.... My only hope is that Tommy would be out as well and would permanently be replaced by Duff, I have faith the he could spark something up - these hired hands cant, it has been seen. The state of the band is sad.

I say don't even bother, why replace him? So that they could do a new residency? They (he) will not record anything new anyways, they (he) do not even put out CD2 and CD3 which are ready to go over-produced to bits like CD1 (allthou I love the album)... It is just over as an interesting band that creates new.... My only hope is that Tommy would be out as well and would permanently be replaced by Duff, I have faith the he could spark something up - these hired hands cant, it has been seen. The state of the band is sad.

If Duff were to permanently rejoin it would still happen on Axl's terms (he'd be a hired hand like he was last spring)

If Duff were to permanently rejoin it would still happen on Axl's terms (he'd be a hired hand like he was last spring)

Excellent point- the fact remains that anyone brought into this org will solely be a touring musician playing assigned parts to songs recorded decades ago (or 1 decade ago in the case of the most recently recorded CD songs). Besides all that, though, there's still this immutable fact... :)