Brainstorming a Bumble replacement

Frusciante?

Tricky. Axl will want a new shredmaster. The problem with shredmasters is that sometimes that's all they can do. You need the Gn'R approach, and the shreds to top it all off.

Besides, Frusciante will get bored as shit. That's not where his interests lie anymore (or ever?)

WANTED: lead guitarist for rock act. Must be willing to play Vegas indefinitely; must be able to co-operate well with a cock rock guitarist; must be willing to cover other people’s material. Prospect of furthering one's own musical oeuvre, not possible. Send CVs to Mrs Lebeis, Canoga, Malibu.

• Like 2

Would be cool to bring Buckethead back, but he most likely wants nothing to do with Guns N' Roses, and it would take a lot of work for Axl to change that fact. Nuno Bettencourt would be a good choice, but I doubt he'd want to play with Guns N' Roses for some reason. That Ryan Roxie guy sounds like he could gel with the band, but I think he'd be better fit to replace Ashba than Bumblefoot. Same with Dave Navarro, or Robin Finck coming back. Tracii Guns being in GNR would be awesome, simply for the fact that I can tell people "Guns N' Roses has their original guitarist back!" and then point and laugh when they're like "Dah fuck? That's not Slash." Personal pick would be Stevie Salas, but he probably won't ever be in the band, cause fifteen years ago, after jamming with GNR, he said it's not Guns N' Roses without Slash.

John 5 would be cool, but again, not sure if he'd consider it. Plus it'd suck for Rob since he might have to quit the gig, but then again, Rob isn't a stranger to having his personnel stolen, haha. I think Jay Yuenger could work, and would definitely make some neat music with them, but uh, that's just not happening, cause I'm not even sure if he still plays. Ideally, for me at least, Stevie Salas or John 5 replaces Bumblefoot when he leaves, and Navarro replaces Ashba. Or better yet, Bumblefoot stays and an album gets released. I don't care which lineup originally composed the songs. I'll take whatever is put out at this point.

I think I mentioned this previously, but I would love to see Billy Graziadei from Biohazard take over. He is a humble guy and aggressive songwriter in the same vein as AFD. He has great stage presence and is a no nonsense kind of guy. He would call Axl (and Team Brazil) out on any BS and he might actually get things in the band moving.

I know this will never happen, but I can dream right?

Frusciante?

Tricky. Axl will want a new shredmaster. The problem with shredmasters is that sometimes that's all they can do. You need the Gn'R approach, and the shreds to top it all off.

Besides, Frusciante will get bored as shit. That's not where his interests lie anymore (or ever?)

Yeah I think if Axl was going to make another record, like Ode to California or Malibu Driftwood, Frusciante might be able to help.

But I think Dj is the golden boy. After the follow up maybe he will write Sinners of Sunset with Axl.

Frusciante?

Yeah I think if Axl was going to make another record, like Ode to California or Malibu Driftwood, Frusciante might be able to help.

But I think Dj is the golden boy. After the follow up maybe he will write Sinners of Sunset with Axl.

Even if Axl doesn't go for the almost hair metal/sleazy shit again, he was and still is a sucker for that melodic 80's vibe DJ provides. That can open shit up for death by ballads, soaring choruses (maybe the opposite of Chinese) and emo treatments that work well with Axl melodies since DJ is a huge Slash follower.

Frusciante?

Even if Axl doesn't go for the almost hair metal/sleazy shit again, he was and still is a sucker for that melodic 80's vibe DJ provides. That can open shit up for death by ballads, soaring choruses (maybe the opposite of Chinese) and emo treatments that work well with Axl melodies since DJ is a huge Slash follower.

Dj would just provide a more commercial modern hard rock sound to a self titled record. Livin' the Dream!

Frusciante?

Dj would just provide a more commercial modern hard rock sound to a self titled record. Livin' the Dream!

I can see that happening. Every song will shine like a thousand emo suns. So not too bright. Kinda like DJ. But the chorus for Ballad Of Death is pretty cool, don't you think? I'm not a DJ fan by any stretch of the imagination, but maybe Axl can put whatever DJ brings to the table to good use. He has that ability with pretty much anyone who inspires him. It's like you don't even have to be talented, just inspire Axl, and he'll roll with it and make something great out of it. I don't think that made sense but yeah.

• 1 month later...