Slash is sick of the media creating GNR conflict

Oh, right. This is the stuff Axl said Slash demanded Guns do untouched. Yeah, I don't believe Axl's account for a second.

How comfortable for you. Why don't you believe Axl in this case? maybe cause he's not Slash. (how ironic)

Yeah, cuz I'm a total Slash nutter. Nice try, though. :rolleyes:

And I don't think you know what irony is.

Of course I do. I've used it properly. You don't believe it cause it's not Slash, but Slash is less trust worthy then Axl imo, hence the irony. You'll believe someone who lied about going to Axl's house (a good example that at least shows he's capable of that kind of shit) but you won't believe Axl cause he's not Slash, not a very honest person as far as I can tell.

Never said you were a Slash "nutter" or even thought it, but nice try avoiding the issue, and talking about everything else cause you probably don't have anything relevant to say about it. :rolleyes:

Slash never said he didn't go to Axl's house, when he first addressed it in 2006 he simply denied saying those things to Axl. He said he hadn't spoke to him in a decade.

Slash: "Axl, take a listen! this is something I came up with!" *plays the Fall To Pieces riff*

Axl: "holy fuckin' shit! that's incredible! let's work on it NOW! fuck, this could be a great fuckin' Guns song!"

Slash: "fuck you motherfucker! that's MINE. Oh, sweet riff o'mine".

Remember that Axl wanted to work on the Snakepit material, while Slash wanted it to stay the same. It was probably the same with FTP, Axl wanting to "work on it" is pretty disrespectful to Slash, as singers should stick to lyrics and vocal melodies. Remember that Axl was also pushing Slash to work with Paul, and since Slash didn't respect Paul as a player he probably didn't want him messing with his shit.

How many guitarists in major bands would take kindly to the singer interfering with the guitar parts they were writing?

Not according to Axl. Axl basically said Slsah cockblocked him right after he played it for him. There was no chance for Axl to present conditions. Slash wasn't sharing.

So when you say "probably", you don't have anything to base it on cause Axl didn't like Snakepit right away, he changed his mind, and wanted to work on some things, but he still didn't like most of the Snakepit material (some riffs, some ideas here and there)

It wasn't at all like his reaction for Fall To Pieces. (going by what Axl said about it) he liked it right away. Wanted to work on it, meaning he wanted to turn it into a song together with Slash. You don't know that Axl wanted to change it drastically or whatever or at all. He really seem to like it. And why wouldn't he?

It's right up his alley. A SCOM type of riff.

But Axl also said he wanted Slash to work with Paul because he thought he complimented him well or something, and we know Slash didn't want anything to do with him. So it makes sense for Slash to not want to submit his best material to GNR under those conditions.

You keep pulling shit outta your ass that fits your opinion. Axl knew Slash hated Paul. Slash played him the Fall To Pieces riff after the SFTD cover Paul's guitar was added to.

Oh, right. This is the stuff Axl said Slash demanded Guns do untouched. Yeah, I don't believe Axl's account for a second.

How comfortable for you. Why don't you believe Axl in this case? maybe cause he's not Slash. (how ironic)

Of course I do. I've used it properly. You don't believe it cause it's not Slash, but Slash is less trust worthy then Axl imo, hence the irony. You'll believe someone who lied about going to Axl's house (a good example that at least shows he's capable of that kind of shit) but you won't believe Axl cause he's not Slash, not a very honest person as far as I can tell.

Never said you were a Slash "nutter" or even thought it, but nice try avoiding the issue, and talking about everything else cause you probably don't have anything relevant to say about it. :rolleyes:

It doesn't take much to get you to go half retard, does it? :lol: Relax.

I don't trust the word of either on much of anything. Unless there are others to back up what they say, I consider it bullshit. They have both deserved that treatment based on their respective histories. Or would you rather talk about me and the simpleminded biases you project onto me?

Slash never said he didn't go to Axl's house, when he first addressed it in 2006 he simply denied saying those things to Axl. He said he hadn't spoke to him in a decade.

Yes he did. Totally did. I even remember him denying it, and later on admitting he did go to Axl's house and explaining why.

Slash: "Axl, take a listen! this is something I came up with!" *plays the Fall To Pieces riff*

Axl: "holy fuckin' shit! that's incredible! let's work on it NOW! fuck, this could be a great fuckin' Guns song!"

Remember that Axl wanted to work on the Snakepit material, while Slash wanted it to stay the same. It was probably the same with FTP, Axl wanting to "work on it" is pretty disrespectful to Slash, as singers should stick to lyrics and vocal melodies. Remember that Axl was also pushing Slash to work with Paul, and since Slash didn't respect Paul as a player he probably didn't want him messing with his shit.

How many guitarists in major bands would take kindly to the singer interfering with the guitar parts they were writing?

Not according to Axl. Axl basically said Slsah cockblocked him right after he played it for him. There was no chance for Axl to present conditions. Slash wasn't sharing.

So when you say "probably", you don't have anything to base it on cause Axl didn't like Snakepit right away, he changed his mind, and wanted to work on some things, but he still didn't like most of the Snakepit material (some riffs, some ideas here and there)

It wasn't at all like his reaction for Fall To Pieces. (going by what Axl said about it) he liked it right away. Wanted to work on it, meaning he wanted to turn it into a song together with Slash. You don't know that Axl wanted to change it drastically or whatever or at all. He really seem to like it. And why wouldn't he?

But Axl also said he wanted Slash to work with Paul because he thought he complimented him well or something, and we know Slash didn't want anything to do with him. So it makes sense for Slash to not want to submit his best material to GNR under those conditions.

You keep pulling shit outta your ass that fits your opinion. Axl knew Slash hated Paul. Slash played him the Fall To Pieces riff after the SFTD cover Paul's guitar was added to.

What the fuck are you talking about? Yes, Axl knew Slash hated Paul and still wanted Slash to work with him. SFTD was in 94 and the FTP incident was in 96 by all accounts, and 96 was when Axl was trying to make a new Guns record with Paul & Slash.

I don't trust the word of either on much of anything. Unless there are others to back up what they say, I consider it bullshit. They have both deserved that treatment based on their respective histories. Or would you rather talk about me and the simpleminded biases you project onto me?

I'd rather talk about Gn'R in the Gn'R sections like the one we're discussing in right now. At least I always try to avoid personal remarks and not attempt to "improve" my argument by resorting to personal attacks.

Guys, let it go...

This was almost 20 years ago.

Enjoy what they brought you, either together as GN'R and individually in their solo albuns.

Cut the "what if" and the "who's to blame" crap. You'll never know both.

Move on :)

• Like 1

What the fuck are you talking about? Yes, Axl knew Slash hated Paul and still wanted Slash to work with him. SFTD was in 94 and the FTP incident was in 96 by all accounts, and 96 was when Axl was trying to make a new Guns record with Paul & Slash.

But how do you know Axl's condition to work on Fall To Pieces was that Paul MUST be involved with the writing process of it? not every member of Gn'R, old or new worked on every Guns song ever written. And Paul wrote Back Off Bitch. A song Slash was a big part of.

My point is: it didn't have a chance to get to that point. Slash played it to Axl (according to Axl) and refused to work on it in any capacity.

Edited by Rovim

Yes he did. Totally did. I even remember him denying it, and later on admitting he did go to Axl's house and explaining why.

Here is the exact quote: "I'm not gonna go into the whole long thing. It was just something that he [Axl] decided he was going to… It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next GUNS record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's… there you have it. So it's not true."

He is specifically denying the allegation that he and Axl spoke to each other. He only refers to the part about going to his house in reference to the allegation that he and Axl spoke.

I'd rather talk about Gn'R in the Gn'R sections like the one we're discussing in right now. At least I always try to avoid personal remarks and not attempt to "improve" my argument by resorting to personal attacks.

You need a time out. Or at least I'll take a time out from you on your behalf. Look back through the very quotes you posted and see who goes from talking about GNR to talking about personal motivations and shit. Half the time you seem normal. And then you go truly strange.

But how do you know Axl's condition to work on Fall To Pieces was that Paul MUST be involved with? not every member of Gn'r, old or new worked on every Guns song ever written. And Paul wrote Back Off Bitch. A song Slash was a big part of.

My point is: it didn't have a chance to get to that point. Slash played it to Axl (according to Axl) and refused to work on it in any capacity.

I don't know anything about it and neither do you. I was simply speculating about why Slash might have refused to write with Axl. I don't it's far fetched at all, in fact it seems back up by the situation.

You need a time out. Or at least I'll take a time out from you on your behalf. Look back through the very quotes you posted and see who goes from talking about GNR to talking about personal motivations and shit. Half the time you seem normal. And then you go truly strange.

Dude, I don't care what you think of me. It is annoying that you seem more interested in my mental state then what we came here (this thread) to talk about.

Guys, let it go...

Enjoy what they brought you, either together as GN'R and individually in their solo albuns.

How in the hell is anybody supposed to enjoy the mountain of shit that Slash has put out since he left GN'R? How dare you recommend to these poor souls that they should even attempt that, or insinuate that it is even possible. You Sir (or ma'am, no offense) are a true asshole.

Here is the exact quote: "I'm not gonna go into the whole long thing. It was just something that he [Axl] decided he was going to… It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next GUNS record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's… there you have it. So it's not true."

He is specifically denying the allegation that he and Axl spoke to each other. He only refers to the part about going to his house in reference to the allegation that he and Axl spoke.

I didn't say he spoke to Axl, I said he lied about going to Axl's house, and then changing his story and explaining why he did go and tried to talk to Axl about a lawsuit that he thought they could work out face to face.

Can you imagine Fall to Pieces with hundreds of layers of power chords and synth... Or even sub-bass? That would rock. Name changed to Fall to Seymour and 15 years to release it. Guitar solos by Paul Tobias.

It could´ve been even worst. Imagine not having Fall To Pieces because Axl decided to put it in The Vault just because he needed to make room for If The World or some other crappy song we have in CD. We know Axl. Today he wants one thing but tomorrow he wants exactly the opposite.

I didn't say he spoke to Axl, I said he lied about going to Axl's house, and then changing his story and explaining why he did go and tried to talk to Axl about a lawsuit that he thought they could work out face to face.

I realize that. I was refuting that he lied about going to Axl's house, he only specifically denies speaking to Axl. He only mentions going to Axl's house as part of the other lie, he never says that that specific part was untrue.

But how do you know Axl's condition to work on Fall To Pieces was that Paul MUST be involved with? not every member of Gn'r, old or new worked on every Guns song ever written. And Paul wrote Back Off Bitch. A song Slash was a big part of.

I don't know anything about it and neither do you. I was simply speculating about why Slash might have refused to write with Axl. I don't it's far fetched at all, in fact it seems back up by the situation.

Read my post again, Paul wrote Back Off Bitch years before that, and Slash didn't have a problem with it. Many Gn'R songs were written in small units, like just Axl and Izzy for Example, or just Slash and Duff.

It is reasonable to think Paul wasn't a condition Axl presented to Slash if he wanted to work on it with Axl. Do you realize how silly it is given what Axl said about it? Slash didn't even want Axl to be a part of it. There was no negotiations. There was no will to even get to that.

Guys, let it go...

How in the hell is anybody supposed to enjoy the mountain of shit that Slash has put out since he left GN'R? How dare you recommend to these poor souls that they should even attempt that, or insinuate that it is even possible. You Sir (or ma'am, no offense) are a true asshole.

I think you should grow up and stop being offensive man.

Many enjoy what they have done past original GN'R, including current GN'R CD, Slash's Snakepit and solo, Izzy's solo, the several bands Duff had, VR, Neurotic Outsiders, Adler's Road Crew stint and Adler's Appetite,....

There's stuff for everyone to appreciate spreaded in all they done past original GN'R so just enjoy it and be greatefull for what they put out and that these guys are all still alive.

I realize that. I was refuting that he lied about going to Axl's house, he only specifically denies speaking to Axl. He only mentions going to Axl's house as part of the other lie, he never says that that specific part was untrue.

He found a way to give a lawyer answer that makes you think he didn't go to Axl's house AND didn't speak to him for years. (and later he did admit he went to Axl's house) Maybe technically it's not a lie, but can you really call it honest? Come on.

Why even admit that he specifically went to Axl's house after his previous statement?

And I remember he said something like he didn't want the VR guys to think he was trying to get out of the band. Hence his lawyer styled answer.

Edited by Rovim

Guys, let it go...

I think you should grow up and stop being offensive man.

Many enjoy what they have done past original GN'R, including current GN'R CD, Slash's Snakepit and solo, Izzy's solo, the several bands Duff had, VR, Neurotic Outsiders, Adler's Road Crew stint and Adler's Appetite,....

There's stuff for everyone to appreciate spreaded in all they done past original GN'R so just enjoy it and be greatefull for what they put out and that these guys are all still alive.

If I wanted your opinion on what I should do... never mind, there will never be a situation in life where I want your opinion on what I should do. Especially after you've proven that your opinion is absolute shit by suggesting that anybody should listen to Slash's solo horseshit.

He found a way to give a lawyer answer that makes you think he didn't go to Axl's house AND didn't speak to him for years. (and later he did admit he went to Axl's house) Maybe technically it's not a lie, but can you really call it honest? Come on.

Why even admit that he specifically went to Axl house after his previous statement?

And I remember he said something like he didn't want the VR guys to think he was trying to get out of the band. Hence his lawyer styled answer.

No, it was definately a way to dodge the issue. But I don't see that as evidence of him being a dishonest person, he certainly had reasons to lie about it. He admitted that he specifically went to Axl's house because Beta clarified that she was the one he spoke to.

ShadowOfTheWave: Alright. Progress. Thanks. I don't think Slash is a liar. Like I've said, I think he manipulates the situation to fit his agendas, and that was a case of manipulating the public's perception of what happened so he can buy a little time to sort shit out, which he did. But it wasn't honest imo. I think Slash can be dishonest sometimes. :shrugs:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

?

Slash was a big part of the problem. I don't believe he tried to work shit out, but instead was interested in advancing his own agendas. Axl and Slash didn't see eye to eye, and you know... it takes two to tango.

Axl was interested in working on the Fall To Pieces riff and whatever ideas Slash already wrote for it. If Slash cared about giving a real chance, that was a good time to do it. Slash said Axl was interested in Guns being Pearl Jam, being NIN. Axl didn't like Snakepit as it was, so why the fuck didn't he allow Axl to work on something that inspired him? that he liked?

I gave that as an example to how Slash put himself first. Not the future of the band. I think Slash's behavior became vindictive and selfish, partly because Axl was an asshole too. (the Paul Huge thing for example) But they were both to blame, cause they both controlled the band with maybe Axl having more control.

Axl and Duff rejected Slash's songs. Slash went somewhere else with them. When Axl decided he wanted some of them, they were already gone. Sure, Slash was part of the problem, but Axl was THE problem.

They couldn't be bothered to put up with Axl's shit anymore. Izzy just didn't care. Slash felt like he could make it on his own outside GNR.

But you see how it could be the other way round. Slash sees he's got cash and doesn't need Axl. Izzy is fucked up and just doesn't care about being a huge stadium band. Both grew balls they couldn't pay for before they got huge. Same for Axl, you don't like it Ill get Robin Finck or Gilby Clark or Dj or Fortus.

I guess that's the key, Axl is the special one. There's not a ton of megalomaniac singers around who actually have talent.

No matter what people say Axl has something special, so no matter how great Izzy and Slash are they aren't that special. Slash isn't Jimmy Page. Izzy isn't Keef. But Axl is the greatest front man of all time.

They've shown none of them are that special on their own, Axl included.
Possibly. But that is post split. I'm talking reasons for split. The idea that Axl was the man iwas prevalent. It had become the Axl show. It's a fame thing maybe. The label seemed to back him before the record industry collapse. Why was that? Maybe Axl was the show, SCOM, Nov Rain..maybe Slash felt like he could carve out his own career instead of playing second fiddle to diva of the decade.

To me Axl was doing his job, but many more metal than I disagree.

It's just not true that it was the Axl show. They gave into a lot of his bullshit for the UYI tour and the videos, but as far as fame and public image, Slash was huge. And as much as he might have hated some of those videos, they (NR in particular) made him as iconic as ever.
I just thought that was one of the reasons Slash quit, because Axl made the shows about himself by being late and doing all the videos which he put a lot into whereas the band felt uncomfortable. Then that was that and they were back in the studio with Axl planning more epic ballads and throwing around change of sound ideas. Axls success lay in the videos and celebrity with Stephanie Seymour. Whereas Slash had a more metal audience. Slash was famous, Axl became infamous.

Although you just call that Axls shit. So that's the difference. Slash couldn't take being in a band where Axl was seen as a racist, wife beating gay lord by most of the metal community. When he could actually have a cool career without all the shit.

Edited by wasted

But he quit. If he so chill why he run away. I'm not trying to be obtuse. I don't get why Izzy quit either.

We all know Slash did a bad move. In my opinion, it's not why he quit, it's why he signed the name over to Axl and let the crazy one ruin the band.

Exactly. That's Slash's unforgivable act for me.

The fact that Slash was given an ultimatum at all, and presented with a contract like that to sign, is really what's unforgivable here.

If he hadn't signed it, the band would have been over anyway. He just prolonged the inevitable.

btw, Did Slash ever confirm he played the FTP riff for Axl?