Slash is sick of the media creating GNR conflict

Slash is nothing if not a great promotional machine. :P

The timing of these sort of comments is interesting. Heh.

The timing isn't interesting at all. It's very obvious he's about to release an album and is doing promotion for it. Obviously when an artist is about to release an album they get more media coverage, do more interviews and in Slash's case he gets asked about GnR more now than at other points when hes not as active. It's pretty straight forward why he made these comments because he's obviously getting asked about it a lot and in particular more now than usual. he's not making these comments to promote himself as you so "subtly" try to suggest.

Aaaaaand reading all the comments in this thread now is yet again a massive reminder of how completely out of touch with reality most of you are.

Well, it's interesting to me. You're kinda full of yourself, yes?

It's what Slash does when there's something to promote. Not always, but many times imo. He said he won't talk about Gn'R and answer any questions regarding that band, and that was the reason why he released his book, and yet...

Holy fuck. What would you like him to do when he's asked? Walk out of the interview? Act like a bitch ass prima dona like Axl?

Also gotta laugh at the people still bitching and wondering why if Slash was so cool and chill why did he leave GnR. News flash geniuses Slash left because Axl is a fucking lazy ass prick who's released one shitty album in nearly 20 years and has done nothing but tour leeching off classic guns material. Slash whether you like it or not had the balls to go out and make a career for himself touring new music all the time, creating more than half a dozen albums that his fans enjoy. God damn some of you are so lost in your fandom of Axl you've lost all touch with reality.

Slash didn't quit because Axl took 20 years to make a record. He quit because Axl didn't really want to put that Snakepit material as a GNR record with no real changes. It seems even Axl owning the name and being late to shows wasn't that big a deal as long as the record was what he wanted to do.

Not compromising was an important part of GNR and Slash didn't want to chase the market or do big epic ballads and he had no reason to do that after making a few bucks with GNR. He just wanted to keep rocking. He wasn't cool and chill in GNR he said he was pretty unhappy with it all really.

Untrue. He leaved GNR because the band didn't move forward. Because Axl never showed up in the studio to work with Slash and Duff and because of Paul Hugh who was forced in by Axl.

• Like 1

The timing isn't interesting at all. It's very obvious he's about to release an album and is doing promotion for it. Obviously when an artist is about to release an album they get more media coverage, do more interviews and in Slash's case he gets asked about GnR more now than at other points when hes not as active. It's pretty straight forward why he made these comments because he's obviously getting asked about it a lot and in particular more now than usual. he's not making these comments to promote himself as you so "subtly" try to suggest.

Aaaaaand reading all the comments in this thread now is yet again a massive reminder of how completely out of touch with reality most of you are.

It's what Slash does when there's something to promote. Not always, but many times imo. He said he won't talk about Gn'R and answer any questions regarding that band, and that was the reason why he released his book, and yet...

Holy fuck. What would you like him to do when he's asked? Walk out of the interview? Act like a bitch ass prima dona like Axl?

Also gotta laugh at the people still bitching and wondering why if Slash was so cool and chill why did he leave GnR. News flash geniuses Slash left because Axl is a fucking lazy ass prick who's released one shitty album in nearly 20 years and has done nothing but tour leeching off classic guns material. Slash whether you like it or not had the balls to go out and make a career for himself touring new music all the time, creating more than half a dozen albums that his fans enjoy. God damn some of you are so lost in your fandom of Axl you've lost all touch with reality.

I'd like him to actually follow through on what he says. Got nothing to do with Axl. He released a cool book and said he did it for that very reason: to not answer Gn'R questions anymore. If he really wanted to, he could have told the media it's his policy to not answer those kind of questions, but my guess is he couldn't give up on what the close relationship with the media gives him which is more money and public acceptence.

Edited by Rovim

Slash didn't quit because Axl took 20 years to make a record. He quit because Axl didn't really want to put that Snakepit material as a GNR record with no real changes. It seems even Axl owning the name and being late to shows wasn't that big a deal as long as the record was what he wanted to do.

Not compromising was an important part of GNR and Slash didn't want to chase the market or do big epic ballads and he had no reason to do that after making a few bucks with GNR. He just wanted to keep rocking. He wasn't cool and chill in GNR he said he was pretty unhappy with it all really.

Untrue. He leaved GNR because the band didn't move forward. Because Axl never showed up in the studio to work with Slash and Duff and because of Paul Hugh who was forced in by Axl.
Axl didn't turn up much for UYI. He was given stuff to sing on and sent tapes to give feedback on. I don't see that as a real reason. Axl will eventually turn up and fire you.

Not wanting to work with Tobias was part of wanting to just do the Snakepit record. Axl didn't want to do that at first anyway. But I think it's true Tobias was the wall he hit after not getting his way. I think Slash said it was the final straw. But it might not have been if Axl agreed to Snakepit material.

It amazes me sometimes, the division in loyalty, who's good, who's bad, whose fault it was for the break up of the band. None of them are angels, they were all sleazy gutter punks when they made it big. It seems Axl Rose wanted to get away from all of that and the others didn't and they turned on him. W.A.R stepped up to be a leader and instead was painted as a dictator. I never had an opinion on the break up, only questions. But after reading Slash's book, I can see they all had a part in the band's demise. I think it's a wonderful thing that they've all been successful in their own individual pursuits, I love the current guns line-up, and I'm really happy that Axl kept the band going because I still get to hear him sing. I wish we had more music from GnR, if for no other reason, they wouldnt be considered a "cover" band. I'd love to see them play nothing but Chinese democracy (1 and 2) tracks in concert and maybe one or two classics in the encore.

Yeah it's hard to understand the bitterness about the break up but maybe it's Axls PR problems. Some just base their argument off the worst case scenario of Axl and that GNR split. GNR was this perfect thing in your life and then it was gone. Someone has to pay! It's kind of weird that the junkies were the nice guys. From the Slash book I got how messed up he was. I find it hard to believe the fact his possible death didn't adversely effect the band or at least Axls mind set.
  • Like 1

Jesus H. Christ you really have your panties in a twist Rovim. Chill the fuck out.

You've been kicked in the cunt, so it's impossible for you to take it like a man. :lol:

Don't dish it out if you can't take it. ;)

You know before this thread I had never even taken any notice of you as a poster. I didn't even read your contributions to this thread when I made my post. It was just a comment not necessarily directed at anyone in particular. You seem to have taken exceptional offence to it for whatever reason. You then post several hysterically over the top jabs at me. Well done. You look like a right twat now. At least I'll remember who you are now.

• Like 2

Jesus H. Christ you really have your panties in a twist Rovim. Chill the fuck out.

You've been kicked in the cunt, so it's impossible for you to take it like a man. :lol:

You know before this thread I had never even taken any notice of you as a poster. I didn't even read your contributions to this thread when I made my post. It was just a comment not necessarily directed at anyone in particular. You seem to have taken exceptional offence to it for whatever reason. You then post several hysterically over the top jabs at me. Well done. You look like a right twat now. At least I'll remember who you are now.

You know, I just like to talk about Guns. You came in here and started to tell people that this discussion was basically useless. My reaction was nothing personal against you.

I don't care about what you know or don't know about me. This is the internet lol. I come in here to discuss things that interest me, and you didn't respect the discussion, so don't expect me to ignore that. I was always a twat, and I'll probably always will be. You'll remember me? don't care.

Rovim has been like that the last few days, no one knows what happened to him. He used to be a good member, now he's like NGOGO. A true shame. :shrugs:

• Like 2

Alright. I'll calm my tits. Still think it's shitty in general that people that don't care about a certain topic, just post in that thread to mock or criticize those who do get some satisfaction from discussing what they consider interesting. I apologize for my behavior. I've gone too far with my reactions in this thread, and also in other threads in the last few days.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1:Yo, cuntface: don't like it? can always fuck off. :max:

2:Yeah, why don't you go stuff your cuntface with a big bag of dicks? :heart:

3:Don't like it? can always fuck off. :max:

4:You've been kicked in the cunt, so it's impossible for you to take it like a man. :lol:

5: My reaction was nothing personal against you.

4EA8E925E4E0122138299FC209F095ED.gif

• Like 1

4:You've been kicked in the cunt, so it's impossible for you to take it like a man. :lol:

It really wasn't. :shrugs:

Edited by Rovim

You've had your moments too dude. :shrugs: But you seem better now. I think.

And I'm glad Rovim is calming his tits. Unnecessary attacks are unnecessary. We can all get along. :heart:

seriously folks... how comfortable could you be talking about your high school girl friend that you had 20 years ago? What the hell.. if you dont know the story by now -chances are you will never know it.....Goddamn... how many ignorant reporters does it take asking the same question over and over year after year before you want to just punch them in the mouth.? Knowing that what you might comment on is going to get twisted into something else that perhaps what you might have said.. and filterd down to some internet forum to speculate on.. judge and make decisions on concering some event that used to be back when ?

its like no matter what your up to now... someone has to ask you shit about crap that happened years ago...at what point is it still so important that you have to to go into 5 part harmony to explain? no matter what you say and how you say it... some motherfucker is always going to take it out of context..

if you say something nice... your kissing ass and that means your whining for REUNION!!!

Say something negative and ... your just bitter and full of regret and self loathing.. No matter what your fucked ....

say something factual and your in the crosshairs .

thats why Axl doesnt say shit... he learned that there is no fucking way to say anything without being misunderstood.

John Lennon died his death having said.. in a moment of jocularity "the Beatles are bigger than Jesus Christ"....refering to the massive attention being paid to them... and not as a factual statement.....but typical to the media... they made it out to be an arrogant anti christian statement to futher whatever discomfort the obvious statement meant ,

Im bored that we are bored because the whole ...whose to blame game is a boring story 20 years ex post facto(after the fact)

as i see it.. those 5 guys know the gig and somewhere some how they will figure it out...if they dont.. oh well .. there was always AFD and UYIs,,, something remarkable and something unique in the history of mankind.

Axl = a God of integrity for doing it his way. Fans love the "quality" over quantity approach. Fans pine every fucking year for Axl to play the super bowl.

Slash = a sell out, attention seeking, money hungry whore who does one little spot at the Super Bowl and he's a bitch.

Reverse their careers and the zealots would flip their opinion and think Slash was a fucking lazy loser who did nothing but tarnish the GnR name and waste his career where as Axl would be the king of relevancy and a creative force willing to work with anyone and broding his musical landscape.

• Like 1

Axl = a God of integrity for doing it his way. Fans love the "quality" over quantity approach. Fans pine every fucking year for Axl to play the super bowl.

Slash = a sell out, attention seeking, money hungry whore who does one little spot at the Super Bowl and he's a bitch.

Reverse their careers and the zealots would flip their opinion and think Slash was a fucking lazy loser who did nothing but tarnish the GnR name and waste his career where as Axl would be the king of relevancy and a creative force willing to work with anyone and broding his musical landscape.

Not that black and white. I don't presume to know exactly what happened in the band so many years ago, but I'll need to know more before I judge Axl too harshly, and Slash for that matter. It's just that Slash shared more info about himself: wrote a book, actually gave enough interviews/talked to the media that I feel I have a better understanding of what kind of musician he is at least.

Jesus, some people really got sandy vaginas in this thread...over two millionaires who they don't even know.

Rockerman has said it all.

We are really running on air these days.

I hope there are a few good tunes on Slash's new one 'cause there's fuck all else coming.,.

You don't know what's coming. Axl said he's interested in releasing more music. It's possible he'll release at least the rest or some of the Chinese material.

Edited by Rovim

seriously folks... how comfortable could you be talking about your high school girl friend that you had 20 years ago? What the hell.. if you dont know the story by now -chances are you will never know it.....Goddamn... how many ignorant reporters does it take asking the same question over and over year after year before you want to just punch them in the mouth.? Knowing that what you might comment on is going to get twisted into something else that perhaps what you might have said.. and filterd down to some internet forum to speculate on.. judge and make decisions on concering some event that used to be back when ?

its like no matter what your up to now... someone has to ask you shit about crap that happened years ago...at what point is it still so important that you have to to go into 5 part harmony to explain? no matter what you say and how you say it... some motherfucker is always going to take it out of context..

if you say something nice... your kissing ass and that means your whining for REUNION!!!

Say something negative and ... your just bitter and full of regret and self loathing.. No matter what your fucked ....

say something factual and your in the crosshairs .

thats why Axl doesnt say shit... he learned that there is no fucking way to say anything without being misunderstood.

John Lennon died his death having said.. in a moment of jocularity "the Beatles are bigger than Jesus Christ"....refering to the massive attention being paid to them... and not as a factual statement.....but typical to the media... they made it out to be an arrogant anti christian statement to futher whatever discomfort the obvious statement meant ,

Im bored that we are bored because the whole ...whose to blame game is a boring story 20 years ex post facto(after the fact)

as i see it.. those 5 guys know the gig and somewhere some how they will figure it out...if they dont.. oh well .. there was always AFD and UYIs,,, something remarkable and something unique in the history of mankind.

Then why did Slash say he released his book so he could finally stop answering Gn'R questions and proceeded to you know...not stand behind these words? forgive me if I don't feel sorry for him that now, after everything he gained from his relationship with the media, he's getting sick of it. It was mutual to both sides.

And Axl does share info about what happened, but not a lot. And he chooses carefully how to do it, so he can control it for the very reasons you've specified, but also cause he's really, really insecure.

Yes. "some motherfucker" is always going to take shit out of context (like you imo) but there will always be other motherfuckers that will probably see it for what it is, as long as they have enough info and can apply logic and read between the lines.

I'm not bored. Not much is happening, but if you're bored, you can always take a break and come back at a later time. (just a suggestion, doesn't matter to me)

And to me, it's more then a blame game. I want to know as much as I can about old Guns and New Guns, and as time goes by, new info is shared, so it makes discussion of the same questions relevant imo.

The way you see it is very different then the way I see it. You are satisfied with what you know, and you seem to want to put it to rest. I don't. What makes your preference superior to mine? nothing. Seriously: your logic is flawed. Just because we don't know the story by now, chances are we never will? lol.

So we knew the same amount of info before and after Slash released his book, or Duff released his? what about when former managers of old Guns gave interviews? or the Axl chats, or his "tip of the iceberg" rant? :rolleyes:

Edited by Rovim

I just think putting out 10 mediocre GNR albums with Slash would not have been good for GNR they could have slid away like The Almighty. They were at the top of the mountain. By 2000 they should have put one out and then it would have been big so then by 2005. UYI 3 &4 wouldn't have been enough maybe though. So maybe Axl is 1 record behind but CD is like 2 in 1. It's not as simple as whatever does is right, it just so happens I think he did it about right.

Slash has started three new bands and I respect his work ethic, never say die attitude. He choose musical freedom over having to compete with the big bands. That stadium rock thing is pretty limiting. Do they really need more than Chi dem, Better, SOD, TIL, Catcher, Shacklers, Sorry, IRS to add to the set of classics they virtually have to play? They only play 4 or 5 new songs a show.

I don't think it's an issue as bad as it looks on paper, especially if they get the follow up out they will be swamped with new material and people still want to hear mostly the old ones live.

It just wouldn't work for Slash putting one rock n roll album out in 10 years because he was just starting out. Axl was sitting on material of one of the biggest selling bands ever. It makes sense he didn't just start tossing out half assed industrial ringed speed metal jams. He took his time to make a good GNR album. Short term maybe playing along might have made more money but long term CD is a better record.

Slash makes a record every 3 years, Axl makes one every 10 years. Both are okay with me.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1